• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Huh, I wonder what their name means...

Universe

all-consuming
Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I haven't seen this kind of topic in a while and I've been seeing some really interesting usernames around Pokecommunity lately.

What does your username mean? Why did you choose it? Where did you get it from, if anywhere?

Come one, come all, explain your username. :D

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    marz is my cat and he's pretty much the greatest cat there is.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Axeliira is two names, Alexa and Ariana, combined together and spelled backwards.

It is the best name I have ever made. <3

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Nolafus is the main character of my first serious writing attempt. The story didn't turn out that great, but I liked the name since it's a play on my own.

Nicholas -> Nolafus

Years
  • Hikamaru is a hybrid consisting of Hikari, a name I'm often referred as here (plus it was part of my previous username) and Mijumaru, the Japanese name of Oshawott.

I actually used the name as early as 2013, when I used it as what was my fourth regularly-used username on the battle server (after Hikari10, oshyhikari and Daikenki) and these days, it's the only name I use there. When name changes came back in late 2013, I decided to finally adopt it here and rest is history. I'll probably never change away from it because I'm lazy with finding creative usernames, plus it defines me perfectly.

I didn't really get the name from anywhere, although someone thought it reminded them of Shikamaru Nara. I know for sure that played no part in me picking this name.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
  • A leaf used to be my signature for my artwork (I don't use it anymore) and my mind and heart tend to wander far. Wandering~Leaf gives off a sense of quiet travelling, an adventure of someone small and serene. It suits me. :)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Sonata is a musical piece usually played by a solo musician but it can have an accompaniment. I chose it because the last musical piece I actually enjoyed playing in high school was a sonata. I was practicing it for well over a year because it was just beyond my playing level, I never actually found out what it was called it was just The Sonata for Tuba in B flat. About two weeks before the competition started for solo and ensemble they released the list of participants. My tuba trio was on the list, but my solo was not. I had payed for both pieces to be entered but the assisstant band director was a complete ass and decided that I only needed to play one song and so he took my solo money and simply signed our trio up. Needless to say I was upset and not long after that I was kicked out of school and I haven't been able to play music since.

Years
  • It means I blatantly lifted it off an anime character.

Back at the end of 2008 when I changed from my original name, I had been into the anime series Slayers for a while. Like, rather into it, and I had been wanting to change my name so one idea I settled on was perhaps to make a reference to it. The character I took the name from wasn't even a favorite of mine, but I absolutely adored the name, or at least that transliteration of it so...yoink.

Years
  • Tsutarja (pronounced stah-jha) is the Japanese name for Snivy, my favorite Pokémon. It's probably my all-time favorite username here, behind Terabyte and Zach. :P

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Belldandy is the name of the main goddess in the series Ah! My Goddess. I identify a lot with her character in the anime :pink_nod:

I'm so HM02

Banned
    Years
  • Cb92xtreme: short and simple really. CB is my first and last initials, 92 is for 1992, the year I was born and my favorite number, xtreme is a pun on extreme and fits my high style way I play video games!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    tumblr_lexdafaFDT1qg21yio1_500.jpg

Cute name for a cute yummy treat aw yeah.

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    I generally go by "Psychic," which was what I named my character in my first playthrough of Pokemon Yellow as a kid because I liked psychic-type Pokemon and thought having psychic powers would be the coolest.

"MoonShadow" comes from something Mewtwo said in the anime special Mewtwo Returns, so I figured it completed the alias. As you may have guessed, I am a pretty big Mewtwo fan, haha.

~Psychic

Nakala Pri

I just mashed in some random keys when I was making an avatar and it spelt out Nakala and I was like HEY COOL and then I thought... Grand Prix... THEN NAKALA PRI

It really sucks and I can't wait to change it. XD

If you think that's dumb, then you obviously don't want to hear the story behind Skylander_Sylveon. XD

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • My username is pretty simple. It's my new twitter handle, so that's why it's the way it is right now. It's supposed to be 'Duckie is Adorbz", and it means exactly what it says. :P The 'adorbz' is just a really cute and unique way of saying adorable. I liked it from my previous username, so I decided to use it again. 'Duckie' is my personal nickname for Jui of Gotcharocka because he reminds me of a baby duckling. <3 I choose it because I am not ashamed to admit that I'm deeply in love with him, despite having absolutely zero chance with him. ;~;

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I wanted a name that wasn't from a series or had numbers in it on reddit, but all short words were taken. I don't know if Morally was, but I came up with MorallyIncorrect, which has no relevance or meaning at all. When name changes come around, I'll remove the Incorrect part, because the name is just so needlessly long.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • The first time I actually used the name "Foxrally" was on the game Toontown Online. Foxes have always been my favorite animal since they're orange (which is also my favorite color) and awesome in general.

The second part, "rally", was actually just the Merriam-Webster "word of the day" on the day I started playing Toontown (I was 10). Rally means "an event supporting something" and since I liked foxes I thought the name would fit. Been using it on most websites ever since :D I've also used Foxroar and Foxgroove but they don't sound nearly as good.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Once again, the name origin: I have a story in progress. Took out the last 2 words off the title. Illusione-Tempus is born.

Also, it means "illusion of time" in Latin. And here I'm wondering why doesn't anyone like it. :'(

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Whoa, I used to play TTO back in 2007. I stopped playing years ago but I've made some really good memories on that game. :]

Anyway my username comes from the lion in the Chronicles of Narnia. I couldn't think of anything else and he was the coolest character at the time so yeah haha.

Back