• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

identify yourself

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Male heterosexual. is there a term for being attracted to japanese women? is that just a personal preference thing?

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
  • Male heterosexual. is there a term for being attracted to japanese women? is that just a personal preference thing?

There is an uncouth term that comes to mind, "Yellow Fever" though I would personally not recommend that you state such as it can be a massive turn off for women. Women want to be liked for who they are, not their skin colour.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I am a woman and don't really have any question of my identity as female. My sexuality is lesbian. I've come to the realization lately that my orientation is slightly more complicated than that, but it is extremely rare that I have any kind of attraction to men and there is no sexual component to it at all (TBH, I still don't understand when this attraction happens, it's entirely different from what I feel for other women). So I think lesbian is most accurate.

I recognized sometime in my teens that I wasn't straight. But back then I had more of those guy crushes that I can't explain, so I definitely thought I was bisexual. In the late 2000s, I came out to a good friend of mine. I live in the South, so I was extremely scared of coming out to anyone. In the end, she would become my first girlfriend.

By the tail end of the 2000s (after my first girlfriend) or maybe the early 2010s I dropped the bisexual label as me just trying to live up to heteronormativity (not a word I had in my vocabulary back then, but it matches!) and I cast aside the odd attraction toward guys as insignificant, and identified myself as lesbian.

(In 2018 that strange attraction came back just for a little while, which has led me to talk to my therapist about this recently to try to figure out what it meant)

Years
  • I'm a bisexual cis woman.

I spent my teens not really realizing I was bi and my early twenties struggling with "but am I really bi?". Even now I'm not out to everyone irl, just the people I care about. Though part of that is being in a long-term relationship with a man, so I don't necessarily have to be out.
    But it'd sure be nice if I felt comfortable telling everyone the truth. v_v

Bay

Years
  • Non-binary woman and I'm still unsure about labeling myself as asexual or straight. While I do have some attraction towards men, I'm more for the romantic than the sexual aspect, so maybe heteromantic as well?

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I'm female and straight—though like Bay I may be more heteromantic? I'm a hopeless romantic and need a positive connection in order to feel attraction. I know I only feel attraction towards males; I can recognise beauty in women of course but where attraction is concerned, I guess it doesn't feel right for me, like trying to feel attracted to a relative haha, there's just nothing there!

I've never felt the need to question my gender or sexuality either, I just accepted what I was born as. I'm also super girly at heart but I don't believe liking feminine/masculine things should be viewed as relevant to gender because I've seen how men especially are chastised for being "girly". :(

Years
  • Cis lesbian
    Whilst I like male game/anime characters, I'm not interested in real men at all.
    But it seems the only men who try to flirt with me are twice my age, which is 60, which is gross.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm still exploring too. I think I've admitted at long last that there is no way I'm not bisexual. /shrug. Nice.

Years
  • def sure im a straight grill but dont care so much abt pronouns so idk if thats a thing or im just weird... but im also p ace, leaning towards the demi side of that spectrum. i remember questioning my sexuality before but eventually ace/demi just feels right so that was p chill all things considered

Years
  • female and straight! i had a period a few years ago where i thought i had a crush on pearl from steven universe (aha), never did figure out if it actually was one but no matter what i cannot see myself ever being interested in being with a girl romantically.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I'm still exploring too. I think I've admitted at long last that there is no way I'm not bisexual. /shrug. Nice.

It took a while for me to determine if I was bisexual or pansexual, although I knew I was at least bisexual for almost my entire life. And if someone specifically asks me my sexuality in person, I tend to say bisexual because most people don't know what pansexual is and it's annoying having to explain it. Sometimes they even follow up with "well what if they're trans" and it's yes. That said, I don't go around explicitly telling people my sexuality unless they ask.

Last edited:
    Back