• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I've Changed

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    Over what period of time? :P

I'm significantly less shy and awkward than I used to be, and am more outgoing. I've forced myself out of my comfort zone many times, which has made me feel overall more confident. I'm also generally a lot more aware of the world outside of my little bubble and make an effort to understand and be sensitive to other people's experiences and perceptions. :>

~Psychic

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Over what period of time? :P

That's up to your interpretation. Doesn't necessarily have to be any specific time period. Could mean ten years, your time on this forum, anything really. "Change" is an infinite word that can be applied any way.

I'll edit this later with my reply to my question.

Years
  • I care a lot less about what other people think of me and it quite liberating. I've also become increasingly aware of my shyness and my extroversion. I get increasingly off the rails the further I get from my less instance of human contact. That, or I just need somebody to share my hobbies with.

pkmin3033

I've become more pessimistic and cynical as I've gotten older, I suppose. I'm a lot less trusting and receptive towards other people than I used to be; I used to have some very close friends I'd speak to on a daily basis, whilst now I have, at best, a few casual acquaintances I might talk to once a month. I've become introverted to the point that I make other introverts look like extroverts by comparison.

Although this doesn't bother me as much as it used to - very little bothers me now, actually - and I'm generally a more relaxed person, despite having plenty of reasons to stress out. I've mostly learned how to control myself (although I do have occasional lapses) and not create additional problems for myself. I'd like to think I've gotten more witty too, but I doubt it; in this day and age, with the world in the state that it's in, it's difficult NOT to be satirical.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I was very shy and introverted when I was younger, but I've become much more comfortable with people over time. I was also very disinterested in music/art and all that kind of stuff, and now I love it.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • I've become a lot more social but also reserved at the same time. If that makes any sense. I'm a lot less trusting, but I'm a lot more willing, I guess is a better way to explain it.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Ive gone from a really quiet person with few friends who sits in the front of the classroom to a exceedingly loud person who most people know and i have a average amount of friends/acquaintances.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I've changed a lot, not for the best unfortunately. Let's just say I'm not that sunny and bright as people see as, in fact that side has almost disappeared and I expect it to disappear completely gradually. My sensitivity too, hasn't really improved much, which is sad.

Years
  • I think I have in terms of positivity, I used to be such a negative person and complain about everything, but I noticed that was losing me friends, so I decided to change that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    i've changed for the better. i am so much more outgoing these days. things that used to give me so much anxiety i've learned to deal with and now i can go out with all my friends and have so much fun! also i am finally myself. i enjoy the things i've actually been wanting to do

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I used to be a huge people pleaser to the point of being a giant doormat. A lot of people took advantage of the fact that I was too nice & didn't fight back. Now, after lots of work, I do fight back. It's cost me some friendships, but I'm better off, tbh. I went from never allowing myself anger to essentially turning into the hulk :P it's more healthy though, to be blunt & to call people out. It's given me back my confidence in myself and what I'm worth.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • All of this, and barely a soul to really confide on. Yeah, psychologists exists, but psychologists really aren't friends. I have no actual friends I can confide this to, I feel (IRL, at least). It sucks, really.

So, would having irl friends to "confide to" make you happy, or would it simply make the situation slightly less worse? What would it take for your life to be happy again, or is that beyond your comprehension?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • I've grown to care less about what other people are doing.

It may sound cold but you just have to accept that sometimes what other people are doing is really none of your business. I will definitely chirp in and share my advice, but I've grown to not care as much about rather they take it or not. I am always willing to extend the hand to help someone up, but only if they are willing to take it.

It's also much harder for something to get on my nerves now as long as I'm not being forced to do something I hate to do.

Years
    • Seen today
    This question is so hard to answer, because I feel like in some ways I have changed, but at the root, I am still the same person I've always been. Most of the things that changed me happened early on in my life due to hardships or tragedies that everyone will have to go through eventually. So picking and naming things that changed recently is hard for me, because I haven't really noticed anything about me change. The only things that I picked up in the past couple years or so was working out regularly, lifting weights, and eating properly (sometimes). I guess that's a big change, though, since it's a change in my lifestyle.

Back