• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making my bed is such a hassle.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    So, do you ever make your bed? Why or why not? Do you think this sort of thing is really important?

I never make my bed. I just don't see any point in it. For one, no one ever comes into my room anyway. It's cluttered and there's a lot of junk piled up (I have a very small room). Plus, I'm only going to mess it up again when I go to sleep. So, I really don't see the point. :|

Anyway, I was actually curious to see how many PCers actually bother to make their beds. Thus the reason for this topic being born. XD With that said, what about you?

pkmin3033

For some reason I thought this thread was going to be about that age-old idiom.

Anyways, I tend to make my bed at some point during the day - usually mid-morning, or at lunchtime - because I spend a lot of time sitting on it, and having my duvet messed up is irritating. It's easier just to sit on the thing (or use it as a blanket in the winter) than shove it out the way all the time. Otherwise I probably wouldn't bother either. xD

Years
    I don't make my bed that often because I find it a hassle when I need so many sheets at once, with the colder months being notably bad. I only make the bed if my family decides to be naughty and annoy me by somehow pulling the sheet off.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    My bed was too much of a hassle to make so I never did. I got rid of my bed about a week ago.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Only when I pull the sheets off somehow while sleeping, which is quite rare.
    Otherwise I'll just randomly throw them back up after I get out of bed.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    my bed's like lofted, so it's kinda a pain, also I'm in college so pfft

Tolkin

Meowstic
    Years
    I only make my bed when I have friends or family coming over to my house. I throw my extra pillows into my closet. Other than that its just a jungle of sheets and pillows.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4181629.stm

Thank me later, PC. ;D I've not made my bed in years, and NEITHER SHOULD YOU IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU.

From that article:
    "However, most homes in the UK are sufficiently humid for the mites to do well and I find it hard to believe that simply not making your bed would have any impact on the overall humidity."

Anyway, I don't always make my bed but I will from time to time. I generally sleep under the duvet (which has a detachable/washable duvet cover) instead of the oversheet so my bed looks sufficiently tidy enough when I just pull the cover up to the length of the pillow.

I made the bed today though.. fluffed pillows are nice <3 :3

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    From that article:

Anyway, I don't always make my bed but I will from time to time. I generally sleep under the duvet (which has a detachable/washable duvet cover) instead of the oversheet so my bed looks sufficiently tidy enough when I just pull the cover up to the length of the pillow.

I made the bed today though.. fluffed pillows are nice <3 :3

Nice open curtains with sunlight shining in the morning surely makes it a little harder for them though, I hope! I guess it's probably only moderately effective in the summer.

...I am just trying to make excuses for myself and am campaigning for pro-messy beds. Messy beds are art, you know! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Bed

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I never make my bed, mainly since I only have that one sheet with the elastic around it that fits the mattress, and the comforter. The rest of my room is pretty tidy, so I don't mind a messy bed. My parents tried to make it a habit to make my bed, but it never stuck. By the time I was in high school, they had given up, and I was allowed to leave it messy. Making the bed every day just seemed like such a waste of time, and I never got the point of it. I wash my sheets once a week, though, so I guess I make it then when I put them back on.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    oh i just made my bed today for the first time in a while! i usually don't make my bed because nobody goes in my room except me. if people come over my house, i close my door! do not enter.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I like to make my bed at night before I lie down in it and that always frustrates my boyfriend, he said it's so pointless but I just find it more comfortable to sleep in a bed that's been made than a bed where the blankets are all jumbled up hah. I like making my bed, I'm usually pretty lazy about it during the week but I'm not a rowdy sleeper. I usually make it every Sunday, since that's when I wash my bedding.

Years
    I make mine! I was taught to from such a young age that it doesn't feel right unless I do it.
    It just makes my bed feel more neat and tidy, which I like.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I haven't made my bed in yeeeears. I straighten it up a little, but I don't tuck it in and make it all perfect, and sit the pillows on it just so. No point. Not too many people ever see my room, if we're hanging out then we're usually either in the living room, or just plain ol' at someone else's house. /shrug

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I used to make my bed, when my dad taught me. These days I just usually straighten it up a bit and fix things so they aren't scattered. No one comes to visit me anyway :(

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Nice open curtains with sunlight shining in the morning surely makes it a little harder for them though, I hope! I guess it's probably only moderately effective in the summer.

...I am just trying to make excuses for myself and am campaigning for pro-messy beds. Messy beds are art, you know! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Bed

Some people don't have sufficient light because a lot of homes are flats and depending on what side your room is facing.. well you don't get much sunlight.
    Plus... sunlight? In England? LOL.. LOLOLOLOLL...

I don't have windows but my room has two skylights because it's a converted attic.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    I should, but I dont. I still sit on it anyways as well. I dont see the point, especially when Im an insane sleeper that goes crazy in his sleep lol. Nothing stays on my bed at night.

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
    I wash my sheets, pillows and covers regularly but I don't actually make up my bed unless I'm doing so. Seems kind of pointless to me.

Back