• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] Mental health club

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    So I've been seeing this group here and was initially hesitant to join it. I'm not the most open person, though I've been trying to be more open in the past few years. I tend to bottle things up, like putting mentos in a soda and trying to put the cap back on. These days, it feels like everything is the mentos trying to get me to explode.

Spoiler:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I can't really relate to the whole dugs/alcohol stuff because that's not as much of an issue in my family. But I can relate to not wanting children @Fairy

Thing is: my family has a lot of toxic subjects in it. And especially one person in particular fits that bill just a little too much. The problem is that he's pretty hated by my parents (well, my mother now, since my father isn't around anymore). the stupid thing they did during my childhood was whenever they started calling out my behavior by comparing me to him. We barely had money but my parents sure liked to compain about how stingy I was with my money (which is something he did to an extreme). But not just behavior: they even went down the genetics route. Constantly telling my that I had his genes and because of that I would also get hair loss and stuff like that. Even worse: since I have been constantly losing hair for the last couple years to a point where it very well is noticable it just feeds into my self hatred and who I was born as.

Because of stuff like that, I pretty much knew even during my teenage years that I never wanted to have kids. I don't want to spread that curse of toxicity into the next generation. They should not have to go through things like these. <_<

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    So I've been seeing this group here and was initially hesitant to join it. I'm not the most open person, though I've been trying to be more open in the past few years. I tend to bottle things up, like putting mentos in a soda and trying to put the cap back on. These days, it feels like everything is the mentos trying to get me to explode.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Firstly, I'm sorry I haven't managed to reply to everyone properly yet, I am slowly working my way through but life has not being playing ball lately :)

Very dark thoughts warning, I suppose.

I know a lot of those feelings very well Megan, and it breaks my heart to think of you struggling so much. Hopefully you can find something you love, your joy in life.

I do want to say though that your family is wrong, and what they throw at you is unfair and basically amounts to abuse. You are what you decide to be. I can promise you that your life isn't pre-determined by anyone's DNA otherwise I'd be a thug and a murderer. You might not "fit in" as easily as some do, but I can promise you that doesn't make you any lesser than anyone else. We are all different, we all like different things, and being one of the herd isn't necessary to be a lovely person <3

Just... hugs <3

Your decision is perfectly valid either way, but I will say this: the cycle doesn't stop with you because you prevent it from continuing, the cycle will stop with you either way because you are brave, you are strong, and you actually want it to end <3

CiCi please seek some professional help, for the sake of both yourself and your little one. I know it will feel pointless, but I have known people in your situation that have been helped greatly and who came out the other side feeling much better. You shouldn't have to feel that way, and you don't need to struggle alone <3

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    You know, thinking about my childhood I really end up uncovering more and more emotional abuse. Like, whenever we sat down for breakfast or lunch during the weekend there would be a couch and a seat for my sister and mother and a special seat for my father while I ended up sitting on an old chair on the off side of the table. I would also either get called "the guest" frequently or thrown homophobe remarks at me just to get a reaction out of me (which never worked, of course). I've never considered myself gay. And while I'm nowadays kinda tending towards trans female lesbian territory I'm still not there yet and probably won't be for a while.

But yeah, as a result I have a somewhat deeprooted hatret towards (especially older) men who play father figure. It sucks since we live in a patriarchial society ruled by these types of people.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    So I finally got into therapy. Of course, 2 days after my first session, I had another breakdown, which meant my morning was shit but here's hoping that I'll get better... Figures I had to be in the 10% of women with postpartum depression and birth trauma/ptsd. My therapist was even surprised at how intensely and detailed I remembered the birth. Yay me
    download (6).gif

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Hey howdy hi, how do I join a club :femme2:

I have bad anxiety & depression which have held a pretty vicelike grip over a lot of my life, which has been pretty miserable. I currently see a therapist semi-regularly (I'm bad at this lol) and take meds which are not really doing anything for me at the moment which is wonderful. I'd say the main thing that's bothering me currently is I'm just pretty flat, demotivated and apathetic to pretty much everything, which is really eating into my degree at university. I'm generally a pretty functionally depressed person? In that I can happily go about my day-to-day doing the bare minimum but I don't really get a whole lot out of it or enjoy it at all. Anyway,

Hope everyone in here is doing well <3

Years
  • I just want to remind everyone in this thread that my pms / dms are always open. I'm sure others will say the same. I am no therapist, and am really struggling myself, but I still want everyone to know that you're never alone <3

Talk to someone - us in here, a friend, a therapist, your cat, even your gods. Just don't give in, because it's trying to isolate you and break you. Don't give it exactly what it wants.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I just want to remind everyone in this thread that my pms / dms are always open. I'm sure others will say the same. I am no therapist, and am really struggling myself, but I still want everyone to know that you're never alone <3

Talk to someone - us in here, a friend, a therapist, your cat, even your gods. Just don't give in, because it's trying to isolate you and break you. Don't give it exactly what it wants.
    I want to echo this. I'm not at all a professional but I can be a good listener, so please feel free to reach out! This is a safe place of zero judgement and unconditional support. You are heard, valid, and loved. ♡

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey all. I didn't really know where else to turn to just get my thoughts down. I'll put my vent into spoilers, but I also wanted to touch on my therapy and let you guys know that I'm continuing with it. Things are a bit better. There's only been one where I was suicidal since then, which was today very fleetingly.

That said, I wanted to vent a little bit.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I just recently realized that me trying to help out with something can easily bring out some toxic behavior in me. That's especially so when the person whom I'm trying to help doesn't recognize it as help and just as an attempt to gain an advantage. <- I actually don't know if that's the case but my head definitely interprets things that way.

The moment I realize that it quickly turns into shame which then turns into depression which in turn just makes me regret to still being alive. Very annoying vicious cycle. <_<

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I'm also stuck in a vicious cycle of sorts. I'm so weighted down and sad, but I shouldn't be. I feel like sadness is just constantly forced upon me. I hate it. The way I am naturally, without people influencing my mental health, is a genuinely happy, positive, loving person who adores life and lets nothing worry them too much.

I miss that side of me so much. For so long now I've been fighting off toxic feelings instead and it's just exhausting.

This is why I prefer being alone, and I'm GOOD at being alone. I can be myself and it doesn't bother a soul. I can do things my way, the way that suits me and makes me happy. I don't have to stress, because the only emotions around are my own - I'm not being burdened by a constant barrage of negativity and bitterness. It's no wonder I'm withdrawing myself socially more and more. I just can't cope with more emotional baggage than what I already carry.

When I write these posts... it makes it sound like my life is awful. It's not really... there is so much good, yet the bad is far louder. The funny thing is, if someone else got to experience my life for just a day, they'd come out of it thinking "I could never stand to live like this". But my life in itself isn't bad - I consider myself blessed in countless ways - it's just that my home life is so broken and emotions are so repressed and everyone carries so much negativity with them, that their only release is spitting that negativity at each other.

Worst part is, it seems like there is absolutely nothing I can do. All I can do is wait for my life to start, and pray that before then, my family find their own paths that make them happy, or at least content... otherwise, I'll forever be tied down by the guilt of "flying the nest" and leaving my troubles behind for them to cope with instead, without the "big sister" of the family desperately trying to hold things together...

Years
  • WARNING: HEAVY SHIT

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • I'm writing this more out of instinct than anything, so I will likely not be able to provide the best advice or the best words in general but... please, Angelica, let me just say that I can very much relate to that situation and you hit many delicate spots of mine there.
    Spoiler:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • colours said:
    WARNING: HEAVY MUK

Feel free to ask me to delete this if wanted, I thought I'd respond, though I'm unsure how helpful it can possibly be. It turned into a bit of a rant/preach in the end, so...

Spoiler:

Ending this message with a bunch of wholesome Shaymin <3

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Never thought I'd post here, but I really feel like not wanting to live anymore and I'm really ashamed of admitting that.
    There's nothing wrong with admitting it. We all go through these phases, occasionally. If you ever need someone to talk to, you know where we are! :)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Retek, please know I'm always a DM away if you need someone to listen. Though I'm not at home all the time, I will do my best to answer as soon as I can if you'd like someone to talk it out with. That goes to anyone here too, regardless of how well we know each other. I can't promise much other than being someone who will listen but I'm happy to always listen if it makes even the slightest difference. So please don't feel afraid to reach out. Sending support to everyone here. ♥

Did a bit of reflection, put it in spoiler tag as a TW for mentioning eating disorders. It is positive overall as it is about recovery but I'm mindful of people who do not want to see that so I've put it below:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen today
    Quite a different post than the standard for this, but while cleaning my room today I found one of the very few photos of me with my dad.

Spoiler:

He passed away at a relatively young age, not long after this photo. I don't think I've felt so many different moods. Overjoyed I found the picture. Crushed knowing his life would soon be taken. The happy relationship I see in these photos was taken away cruelly, and can only exist in these photos.

Back