• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ouch sunburn!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • Do you ever get sunburn? How do you often deal with it? Are you one of those people who gets tan over sunburn?

I got one yesterday at this renaissance festival. XD It feels worse on my arms than it does my face though. :c The ren fair was a blast, but the sunburn can go away. ;~;

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Oh yes. Always seems to be the first time I am out in the sun for the year, I forget sunblock on some part of my body that's exposed. Either my ears or the tops of my feet.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I've....never really got sunburned before. Apparently I don't stay in the sun long enough to get such things. u.u

That's usually how I am. That's why I didn't put on any sunscreen when I went. I'm not really used to putting it on the exposed areas either. I was at the ren festival ALL DAY LONG. So, that's how I ended up getting one. But yeah, like you said, I'm not usually out long enough to really get sunburn.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Yes, I burn and I burn bad! Summer is: burn, peel, back to being pasty white, repeat. I don't tan at all.

I really have to be super careful about wearing sunscreen.

Years
  • I get sunburned if I stand too close to a window. I try to stay inside most of the time.

Aloe vera is the only thing that can soothe a bad burn. And all my burns are bad. :(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've....never really got sunburned before. Apparently I don't stay in the sun long enough to get such things. u.u
    That's probably a good thing, don't you think? You'll be the last one of us to get skin cancer o:

I get sunburned if I stand too close to a window. I try to stay inside most of the time.

Aloe vera is the only thing that can soothe a bad burn. And all my burns are bad. :(
    Whoa, that sounds serious. You've got super sensitive skin? I'm imagining polo shirts and tights on the beach now :strut:

Years
  • I have very pale skin, so I'm very prone to sunburn. My worst area is sorta around my neck, and it kinda hurts when it gets burned.

Years
  • I don't become easily sunburned and i cannot get tanned at all except (maybe) if i visit those tanning places but i won't in this life it isn't so important for me lol. I tried it out last summer by being to sun with my friend for 5 whole hours no sunburn no tan at all lol (i'm the sunman maybe but i think it's unhealthy too darn lol) while my friends got tanned too. The only thing that happened to me was that my skin become red other than that no tanning no sunburn and no pain at all (thankfully). Anyway, from now on i will not expose myself so much to the sun i'm no vampire lol but it's not so healthy if you want try it too if it's possible :).

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • I've had sunburn a few times, but I haven't gotten one in years mostly because I've only gotten them from swimming and now I swim with a shirt so that I don't get sunburned as easily. They were the worst things ever and sometimes I would be up all night crying because of how much they hurt.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    'Do you ever get sunburn? How do you often deal with it?'

I'm a very white resident of a very tropical country. Guess.

Years
  • It seems like I get sunburnt if I'm out in the sun for even a short amount of time. Not like, very short, but shorter than I would expect. I've gone to pool parties, stayed out there for a bit, come back feeling a bit sick later because a sunburn finally starts setting in.

Always aloe time, then.

Years
  • I've had sunburn a few times, but I haven't gotten one in years mostly because I've only gotten them from swimming and now I swim with a shirt so that I don't get sunburned as easily. They were the worst things ever and sometimes I would be up all night crying because of how much they hurt.

I often had to be very sun-safe while swimming, to the point I had to wear an old t-shirt while I was in the water as a method of sun protection. I do live in a country known for having the highest skin cancer rates in the world, after all.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • i'm a pretty cautious type of person that i never left my sunblock with me
    so i rarely get a sunburn..

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • I often had to be very sun-safe while swimming, to the point I had to wear an old t-shirt while I was in the water as a method of sun protection. I do live in a country known for having the highest skin cancer rates in the world, after all.
    Same here. I always take as many measures as I can to not get sunburned when I'm swimming, taking 2 shirts to wear (one for swimming, one for afterward), some sunscreen especially on really hot days, and if possible I swim when the sun is down or later in the day when it is not nearly as hot. If I at least don't have two shirts and/or sunscreen depending on how hot it is, I'm not swimming because I really don't want to risk getting a sunburn.

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
  • I tan on everywhere but my face. I can tell when it's been a high UV day as my face lights up like a tomato.
    I still have last years tan on my legs/arms, needs topping up.

My brother never tans, burns like crisp, so he's always toothpaste white. My mums the same, but my dad tan so easily, so unfair

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • I'm pale so when I get sunburn my skin turns red and eventually peels, so yeah I get it and it's pretty awful. I still risk it because I love the sun and know there's risks and benefits. Also, sunscreen. cx

Back