• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PDA PDA PDA

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Are you willing to publicly display affection, be it online, offline, ie: "I love you <3", "You're cute. V///V" etc. Are you affectionate?

*PDA stands for public display of affection.

Years
  • Hey Pala!

I'm actually...really cold lol. My last gf left me because I'm just not good at displaying affection at all, and when I do it just doesn't feel genuine? I'm not sure why this is but yeah.

Years
  • I have a hard time displaying any sort of affection, never mind doing it outside of any private situations. I've actually had someone comment on it, before. Said something like "you know, it's actually okay for you to show affection in front of others." Er...thanks for the advice I guess, though it didn't do anything to help since I know this already, I'm just not the kind of person to do such stuff.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Ehehe. I'm super affectionate online. I don't hide my feelings simply because they're precious, and it's better to show them; especially when it comes to someone you can't see.

On the flip-side in reality I do tend to be fairly isolated. I don't express them much; but then again I've never really had someone that I've been all that passionate about in my real world space though...so I can't really be certain. I'm sure I'd be as affectionate as I am online though if I could be without any consequence.

Years
  • In private I like to be very affectionate hehe I mean I like it when someone shows me they like me, so I figure they'd like the same?

In public, I like to find some middle grounds ... like, if it's with a partner, I don't mind a kiss once in a while, maybe some hand holding. But making out in public or stuff like that? Hell no. That belongs somewhere else haha
    I think it's ok to acknowledge your relationship in public, it just gets a bit obnoxious when you keep shoving it into people's faces. Get a room.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • I'm terrible at being affectionate. I do try to be in private, and I think I've gotten better at it more recently, but in public it just...doesn't happen. I'm terrible with it. Anxiety and fear of being judged/shamed for it.

pkmin3033

I thought PDA stood for Personal Digital Assistant? xD

I'm not good at giving or receiving affection...it just feels so forced and/or inappropriate, both online and offline. I have a general aversion to physical contact, and I'm no good with displaying affection through words either, as it always sounds insincere when coming from me because I'd only say it in response to someone else out of a sense of obligation, rather than any genuine feeling.

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • Yes I am very affectionate. It's just part of my personality. I'm willing to extend my affection to pretty much anyone who I consider a friend, but it's usually in a joking or half way unless I have a crush on the person. I don' really care if it's online, offline, in private or not really. It doesn't take much to get me to show at least some form of affection unless the person isn't comfortable with it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't mind PDAs and I tend to be somewhat affectionate in public, but there's lines I won't cross and I definitely will not be so public if I know I'm making people uncomfortable. In private I'm extremely affectionate.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    If it's one thing I hate, it's the high school couples making out at bus stops, in buses, in trains, etc. In other words, I despise public display of affection to a certain extreme. If you want to hug and hold hands, cute. A quick kiss? fine. Tongue wrestling and ass groping? Nuh-uh, foh.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm really not an affectionate person with most people, tbh. That's not to say that I don't love my friends, it's just that I don't show that affection as much. I still try to at least show my appreciation, if not affection.

When I'm in a romantic relationship, tho... lol I can be kinda guilty. I do kiss my boyfriend in public a lot, but it's never full-on makeout sessions or anything. Just a quick, "hey let me kiss you" peck on the mouth more often than I've seen most couples do in public.

Lucid

I'm not. Maybe a hug every once in a while or a kiss on the cheek, but I like my space. :( I'm fine with giving complements or saying I love you tho.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm not an affectionate person, really. I'll tell people that I'm really close to that I love them if the situation calls for it, or I'll hug friends on occasion, but I don't go overboard with it, because past a point it makes me uncomfortable. I've always been that way. I have an irl friend who's really really affectionate, even in public, and I have to tell them to stop sometimes. xD; It's not that I don't care about people, quite the opposite, I think the world of people, I just like my space.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • As the thread maker, no... I'm not affectionate. And to get any affection from me, you have to be that close to me to get any at all. I rarely if ever publicly tell people I think they're cute, and don't really love many people, either. Also, I don't like hugging or anything like that. I like keeping to myself, and often hold my feelings of affection or whatever.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I often find it pretty hard to be really affectionate. Though, I do my best to show my boyfriend I still love and care for him. I'm the type of person who shows love and affection in ways that aren't considered normal. It's common for most autistic people to be this way. It's not that we don't have any love or empathy for someone, it's just harder for us to show it or really understand it as well.

I'm definitely not that affectionate in public. I can be, depending on the given situation. Like... when I'm at my anime convention, I'll ask for hugs from people or let them hug me. However, in any other given situation, I tend to feel pretty uncomfortable about it. Most times, it can be random affection when I feel like being that way also.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I don't mind dishing out PDA. Nothing really to feel weird or ashamed about if you actually like the person you're with and somewhat comfortable with yourself all around I guess. I used to really not like PDA because I was self conscious about so many things like if my deodorant had run off or if my hair was even the slightest bit greasy, if my clothes were too tight or whatever. But then I stopped really caring and so I just do it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    in public no, im not that affectionate. behind closed doors i'd love to cover my lover in kisses and hold them... idk i tend to hold back because idk if they'll like it or not. i'm hoping one day i'll meet someone who let's me know it's okay because there's so much i want to show

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    my PDA involves calling people nerds, gay, or [insert barrage of playful insults here], especially online. in real life i am usually pretty okay with PDA in general, bar making out. sometimes i've got my days and i'm not down for it, but that's almost always exclusively my fault and no one else's.

i'm more open with my affection towards others in private overall.

Back