• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity History

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
  • Steven (Axe, Pichu!) and I were talking and dove into his history at PC, so I got the urge to post this.

So yeah, talk about your history, memories, stories, and journey at PC here. :D Whether you've just got a lil' bit or maybe years and years of tl;dr to share. XD; So feel free to share your PC history~

I'll post mine tomorrow when I'm not so tired.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well I have had great times on PC. I originally found PC by searching it up on google typing in 'Pokemon Forums'. The first thing that popped up was, Pokecommunity. I joined because it seemed pretty interesting and ever since I joined, I didn't regret it. At first I didn't know how to get my way around PC, but with the help of a few people I was perfectly fine. Now in 2009, I know a lot of things about PC and I am really suprised how well known I have gotten since then when I was a 'newbie'.

The best times in posting is in the Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum (DS) section. I have so many fun times there getting to reply to all the interesting topics there and how it is all so active in that section. Today I actually decided to start posting a little else where than the Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum (DS) section just because I felt like it and I am happy to post in the OT anytime.

In my PC 'adventures' I have helped out so many of my friends through tough times and I am always there to support them no matter what. Helping out people is my number one priority. If there is anything in the world better than helping out, I would be glad to know because I absolutely love helping out PC and any other thing I respect. Today actually, there was a pretty harsh arguement between my friends and I stood right in the middle of it trying to make the better for everything. Everything worked out and now those friends are still friends.

I've had a good reputation throughout PC so far and I want to keep it this way...I know from my friends that I am respectful and I have done kind services to PC by helping them out in the Community Feedback and Questions place and the Official Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Q&A thread.

Yesterday was my brother's brithday and he's part of PC (f l a s h). Even though he is my brother in real and I could just talk to him instead of talking to him on PC, I sent him a gimp banner I made as a present for him as I didn't spend money on him. I like to reward my friends as they are like treasures.

Last edited:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Asking that question again, Ryan? Very well, then. I'll just copy-paste my original answer from when you first asked it and tweak it slightly; not much has changed for me between now and then.

Even though I enlisted in June 2005, my history here actually started sometime around March of that year. One day, I asked this girl named Eliana what "PC" was, and she happily gave me the link to this forum; after doing some initial scouting as a guest, I decided to put off enlisting for a while. In June, I was given the link again, and it was then that I finally decided to get an account here. I had an initial advantage in that I actually knew some of the people here from other places; my integration into forum life here actually went smoother than most. Back then, I was quick to make new friends; before long, I was paired with someone, and I ended up with a nice little network of contacts in both the staff and the civilian population. We would spend large portions of time spamming the DCC and talking about Stargate SG-1, Tales of Symphonia, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, and whatever anime happened to be airing on Adult Swim at the time; the irony of being a member of a Pokémon forum while not being interested in Pokémon at all has not been lost on me, even after all this time. I also made some forays into roleplaying.

In May 2006, I was banned just one month shy of my first anniversary here. A friend of mine made the mistake of enlisting a few days afterwards; due to confusion over IPs and a very poor choice of words on his part, my own ban was extended until July. When I was allowed back in, I came back to find PC a slightly different place; about half of my friends had left or otherwise disappeared from the forum in the interim, and a bunch of strangers had sprouted up in their place. Blaming them for the degeneration of the forum, I steadily grew more hidebound and militant as the months passed. Finally, in October 2006, things finally came to a head, and in the span of just a few minutes, I had lost everything. I was supposed to have been banned for just three months; however, due to the involvement of that "friend," I ended up getting banned for half a year.

When that second ban was lifted in March 2007, I just decided to keep my head down and try to covertly rebuild what little reputation I had left. However, I was quickly found out by some of the members who still remembered me; that exposure proved to be of little consequence, though, as the vast majority of members here just don't give a damn about their predecessors. I've managed to rebuild to some degree by getting some new friends; however, I think I've made even more enemies in the time since my return, and many of those people are either in the staff or otherwise enjoy a great degree of popularity amongst the rest of the population.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I joined here originally on January 3rd 2008 as WaluigiRedclaw91 and immediately became known for drama. I wanted to be the bad guy. I made a league called RRL which was popular but I dont know why. I was really into battling and was not good at all. I didnt know what EV training was and I hacked but you could not tell me I was not good. I eventually fell out with SSK form EGL and got banned. After I got banned I created several accounts and got banned even longer. It was funny. I eventually got bored of PC but on August 5th of last year I created this account as ~*HazaBaraFatale*~ flaunting my love of poison. If you told me you didnt know me I wouldnt believe you.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Great time to revive it

I haven't experienced a lot, as you can tell by my join date and obviously short duration here, but I suppose I can talk about my small, unimportant history here...

I originally found PC when looking for Pokemon Ruby Destiny in summer of last year. I was dedicated to SPPF at the time and I didn't want to spend time on another forum, so I quickly left. Then I found this place again, forgot my password in SPPF, decided to spend time here, and I that's when it started...

I doubt I've changed much since I've joined, but I think I've improved 'slightly' since I originally joined and A LOT since I first found PC.
    Memories.... the April Fool's prank is still up there in my mind.... the introduction thread I made is still there... rep incident... the warning I got from you in that one thread... wow, that's a lot more than I thought, and I bet that's nothing compared to what everyone else has.

Yeah, not a lot, but at least I managed to mention some of my history, memories, ect.
    Had it not been for losing my SPPF password and I would've still been there and not here. XD

Uninteresting, I guess.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Well, it's a little rusty... :|

I joined October 3, 2007. I was a lurker here for like a month or so from NCraze forums, where Pokémon White was originally hosted. I saw a link to the Hacks Showcase on the Pokémon White thread. I clicked it and was amazed. I kept going to the link as a guest looking at all the hacks. When I saw Shiny Gold(obviously), I had to Download it. I learned about VBA and hacking that year. I joined October 3 to Download the hack. After playing, I got attached here. So, I became a regular member. Around February/March/April, I changed my name from shinypkmnfan13 to Eeveon. That name got me more popular here, and a lot more well-known. I started hacking around April. I excelled slightly from when I started, like I've became better at mapping, learned to script finally with XSE, etc.

Then after being here year, I was pretty much familiar with all the same questions that have been asked. I've changed my name quite a few times, obviously! :P
    I've been trying ever since Summer of '08 to become a moderator. So, I've been working hard, reporting posts, helping other members, respecting others(duh).

My boring story is now over! :3

Years
  • Here are my two cents. Rather than my story, I'm going to post the elements that made it happen. Oh memories. XD

People
    Castrainer
    legendary_pokegirl
    (and her umbreon themes)
    legendary_pokémaster
    Blue (and people begging for him to mod JE)
    ~*Silent Tattsu*~ (and her HP fandom)
    Jolteon!!!
    P.K. Hammer 346 (and the Undertaker)
    Lightning (and her s-modness)
    Liquid Thunder
    Kelsey (and everyone having a crush on her)
    Lily (and her amazing oneshots)
    oni_flygon (and his amazing longshots)
    Scizz and Signomi (paired to death)
    Eliana (posting like crazy and modding OC)
    Star (3000 posts in her first month)
    Suzu
    Tendo
    PiroMunkie
    Imakuni? (whose death was faked)
    Kayleigh (the archetype of the nice PC mod)
    JKaizer (drama)
    Flaming Torchic (OE mod)
    Shadow (and a kamikaze watermelon)
    Chairman Kaga
    Kairi
    100marios
    Dawg 2005
    Batesy
    Drummershuff
    Ashley
    Jedi Amara (and penguins)
    Lil' Schu (and dolphins)
    Krafty Quill
    Dark_Pikachu (or Kylie if you prefer)
    Shadowfaith
    Moonlight
    Sakura & Espeon
    PichuSecretBase
    Frostweaver
    Dizzy
    ^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Misc
    Newbies asking for Trainer Cards.
    The Trainer Card shops.
    The golden era of member fanclubs.
    The original question.
    Back when spriters were the coolest fellas around.
    Back when writers were the coolest fellas around.

Topics
    Do You Have a Crush on Anyone at PC?
    PC Presidential Elections!
    This probably was the first database error topic in public PC.
    The first Daily Chit Chat on this PC.
    omfg! I am a moderater! (April Fools 2008 XD)
    Stuck in a hard place. Was PC crumbling?
    Cookies! (And this would be closed in how many seconds today...? XD)

I'll be updating this, people. I'll be so updating this. XD

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Hope this doesn't end up being too long...

Well I joined up in May '08. Volkner (my friend irl) persuaded me to get into wifi battling, and a new PC Wifi Tournament was starting up. So I entered that, and that's pretty much all I did until August, when he, myself and Pokemasteralex got the Extreme Speed Open up and running. It was a great feeling seeing it get so much success, and naturally I ended up becoming more active. I love running the good ol' ESO, it's great being a coordinator of a very active tournament (well, not as of late, but we're gonna change that! =P)

My first adventures outside the Battle Stadium occurred in NU/W, where I proceeded to welcome a ton of people (and did so for the rest of the fall and into winter). I continued to stay active in the battle stadium and eventually found my way over to S&M and Other Chat. Probably one of my best early memories of my time here was debating in the election thread, which got pretty ridiculous at some points, but none-the-less and enjoyable experience. I also was like, addicted to reporting threads everywhere I could, until I realized that I didn't have to go so overboard with it. Yeah, I'm a little embarrassed at myself for that time in my early PC career, but live and learn, right?

Early this year, I also got into making graphics after seeing all the other talented people we have here at PC and their work. I practiced and slowly got better and now I'm cranking out themes for a lot of members here, which is very rewarding. I'm also pretty active in OVP now. It's a great little section, as it poses some interesting questions where I can tell people a little about myself ;D... After a brief absence from S&M, I've now been quite active there for the past few months, participating in all the tournaments and hanging on the shoddy server. (honestly, the highlight of my day sometimes XD).

So here I am, still quite active with no plans of quitting. I'm honestly pretty amazed at all the stuff I've been able to do here. Seriously, PC has been my life for a good three quarters of a year now. When I joined, I never thought I would end up spending a lot of my free time here, but yeah, 3000 posts later...I have a ton of great friends here. We aren't just a forum. We are indeed a community, and that's the reason I log on every day. The atmosphere here is great, and it's one of the best places on the internet. I can't imagine life without PC anymore, and I also can't see myself leaving for a very, very long time.

You don't have to read that whole thing XD

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh, I have LOTS to share from my 3 years here.

Erm... Everyday I come and post...I've hit on a few girls here and even became one's boyfriend. I'll admit I've been a noob 2 years ago...Erm... I remember when we were mods for a day but I never knew we actually had mod powers XP. Oh, I also remember getting slapped in the back by Morkula, which caused me this insane addiction to correct spelling. He's my hero.

Yeah, not too much for 3 years compared to other X|...

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I suppose I could recapitulate my previous post about my PC history

I was in my first year of college looking for something to do to whittle away the time between meals and was searching google for info on Emerald and FRLG. I stumbled upon a site called emuzone and found out that ou could play GBA games on your computer (automatically I was liek "Dood this be sweetness!") so I downloaded VBA and began to search for the roms I needed to play games and stumbled once again upon a game I had never heard of. ( I know most of you are thinking that I am referring to Shiny Gold, haha! No.) This game was called Pokemon Quartz so I played through what was the last beta before Baro finished it and thought it was cool that people could hack the games, so I began to look for the tools. While looking around on Baro's site I then noticed the 2nd beta of Shiny gold (which I played through in 2 hours). I was intrigued, there fore I searched yet again on google for Shiny gold.

And what to my wondering eyes should appear (no, not a miniature sleigh and eight tiny reindeer) but the pokecommunity. So I signed up with what I believe to be the most noobish name evar, Girifarig. which by the way is not how you spell the pokemon's name (that's girifirig, there is no 'a') anyway so at first I basically hung around the hacking section and payed absolutely no attention whatsoever to any other forum other than Emulation. I was determined to try my hand at this hacking business. I kept at it for about the first 5 months I was here before finally telling myself that I will never get scripting or any of that and that my only talent for hacking was mapping and anyone can do that.

so I perused the other forums in the Creative Discussion page and found the graphics and photography section and began to become active in there. I started creating banners and other stuff and opened a couple shops though only 2 people ever requested from me so I took the hint that I was not what this forum wanted in the way of banner designer.

So I began looking around the forums again trying to find my place. I had finally expanded the forum header for Off-topic Chat and began posting a couple times in the DCC where I met probably the nicest people here and where I really began to interact with some of the staff and got to know them a little better. after a little while I began to think of this place as not just a forum, but as my way of getting out and talking to people outside of work. you see, all of my friends are in different states and I don't get to speak with them often and every house around mine is a business, so there's really not many people to hang out with.

This place became my home on the internet, so I figured I'd help it out to stay as wonderful as it is so I donated a few bucks from my paycheck and became a supporter. I received the purple name and the perks that came with it, but it didn't make me popular. I was still relatively unknown until I really started posting more in the DCC and interacting more. so I began to do just that.

So everything was moving along smoothly an then some little n00b started boasting in the donation thread about how he was going to top the list and become Oh so popular by doing that. So I set the little n00b straight. and now he's like the most popular member around. whodathunkit..

well now that It's been a full year longer than when I posted this, I guess I could add a few things.

As this place and I have grown even more inseparable so has everything else. I once again glanced at other forums in the offtopic area, and have found a section that really captures my fancy. Computers and technology, the final forum, I shan't be leaving it, at least anytime soon that is. I now occasionally visit the good ol' Other trivia and Other voting polls now and again, but I cannot deny that my home section here is most definitely C&T. I've seen people come and go, Ive seen that once super popular member rise even further to become a truly super moderator, I've since emptied my spare change jar a few more times to donate to this place and have gained a rare supporter status, I've even become friends with more people. The one thing I really do miss from last year though is some of those great chats I had with the old DCC crew, you all know who you were, but alas! Life goes on and so must we be swept along in it's current as a gentle jellyfish is swept along by the currents of the ocean.

well that's pretty much it, I can't really remember all that much from this past year perhaps it's due to the many happenings in my real life that took precedence, but I will say this for the future: I don't plan on leaving. What changes happen I cannot change back, nor am I one to call upon those who can to change them. My place will always be as one of the many. Stand strong fellow members, for it is we who make this forum what it is and will be for the future.

wow, I have no clue where that last bit came from, but I have to say I'm compelled to leave it.
    Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Oh wow, let's see if I can remember everything...

I joined PC as "Kevmysta" in 2008 on the 23rd of June, after I searched "Pokemon Roleplays" on Google. PC showed up and I decided to join, the first thing I did was decide to create my own RP, which didn't work out too well. So, in the end, I just decided to find an RP I could join.

I stubbled across Old Lace's (Zimvee) RP, which was the longest running RP at that time, and hassled him to let me join. After a little while of planning out a detailed bio, I was allowed to join. My wonderful time in Old Lace's RP start at Vermillion City and ended at Fuschia City, when Old Lace decided to leave PC.

I was left with no RP and no idea what to do. The following few weeks were quite boring and consisted of me mindlessly roaming the RP sections for a new RP. When I couldn't find anything I decided, one again, to create my own. This once again failed...

I managed to find a few more RP's after that, but they didn't work out for me. I decided then that it was time for me to get out and explore the rest of PC. I got a name change to "Kev XY" and started hanging out in the Pokemon Fanfiction section, where I started a few fanfics that never lasted longer than a couple of chapters.

For a few weeks I tried to get back in to RPing, while I read a few fanfics in my spare time. Nothing seemed to be working out for me and, by this time, it was already late October. All of a sudden, I got an idea for a fanfic about Kouki's, Hikari's and Jun's journey through Sinnoh. I named it "A Journey You Won't Soon Forget", it powered on for over three months and racked up about 12 chapters, before it died a horrible death.

After this tragic event I decided to leave PC for a while, stopping in a few times while I was gone. I returned on the 24th of February and changed my name to ".Swift". I bummed around for about two weeks, before joining a new RP and checking out the hidden corners of PC. By this time I was very familiar with the area and had long since lost my "Noob" status.

From then to now is sort of a blank, but it involved a lot of new experiences and new friends, as well as losing some old ones. All in all it was a great experience and, if I had to do it again, I'd probably do it all the same.

*wipes away tear*

Jeez that sounded cheesy...

Years
  • Haha, I suppose it makes sense that you would make this thread again since another year has passed, Ryan.

It won't do me much harm if I post the same thing again, though I'll make some adjustments so it won't be the same boring read.

I was lurking on the web in July 2005 for more information on PokéSpecial Adventures (the manga) and eventually came across nicoleb's manga scans here on PC. I had the page bookmarked and referred back to it on and off for a few days, then I decided that it'd be a nice idea that I joined and made it easier for myself; I had done so on 3rd August.

After posting a few little bits in the Pokémon Manga section, I started to venture out to the Art Gallery and its sub-forums: Home of the Sprites (now called Pixel Art) and Sprite Comics (now Pixel Projects). A lot of the threads I saw in the Art Gallery at the time didn't really interest me; all except one. It was a thread made hours back by a user called Cookie luvs Green, a lot of them were pencil sketches and Oekaki doodles, but her style fascinated me and I was surprised she hadn't any replies yet. So I went ahead and posted the first reply to her thread, she replied to my comment and others started to come in and comment themselves. Eventually I PMed her with an urge to get to know her a bit more, I can safely say she was the first person I ever befriended on PC.

Even now I still adore her work, she's developed such an incredible abstract art style that really captivates me whenever I look at it. Sadly we don't keep in contact as much anymore, but I want to...

During the first four months of my stay here at PC I had accumulated a good number of friends and a little popularity with credit to my Sprite Comic I had at the time called "Pokémon Fire Red/Leaf Green Continued", which to my surprise became a lot more popular than I expected. What I wanted for it was to be a panel strip that recited a story than it being a proper sprite comic...and lord, the typos, grammatical mistakes...XD; I'm surprised I wasn't seriously bashed for the weirdness that was that sprite comic, but I suppose people were just taken by the storyline to pay too much attention to trivial details. Incidentally, I looked over those comics again (was surprised to see some strips were still available to be seen) and...it brought back memories, I wouldn't mind revamping that comic one of these days.

For the whole of October and November I kept in good company with my regular crew that frequently fooled about in my fan club and a user named Vaati (also known as Kaku, he was recently modded in Pixel Art. :O) He and I were intimate friends, and although we talk once in a blue moon nowadays, he still remains as one of my closer friends.

One day in October I decided to lurk the Who's Online list to eventually find Forest Grovyle in 'Javachat'. I wasn't so sure what that meant; nor did I ever see that status before for anyone on the list. So I decided to click the link that was displayed and eventually was lead into a chatroom. It was...deserted, hardly active. It took about 25 minutes or so for someone to say anything, and that was just simply 'echo...echo...echo' by FG. I immedietely greeted her after she said that and then we started to converse. That's when I learned of the existence of an IRC chatroom on PC. Eventually Draelen popped up and we all had a bit of a fool about. Since then I've been coming on and off the chat, though after that moment of activity there was simply naught. Too few people in the channel, all of them idling...and furthermore, hardly anyone knew of its existence.

December 5th 2005: It was a Monday and I was dulled at the fact that I had to go to school. So, logging onto PC to find that I had an unread PM -- went to my inbox to find a PM from Bobby (who was a Praetor/Assistant Admin at the time.) I actually started to panic and pray that I didn't do anything wrong. XD; In fact I was so scared to even open the PM. But...when I opened it, I had read something that took a couple of double takes and eye rubbing to believe.

"The other Higher Staff and I have come to the conclusion that you would make a worthy moderator for Home of the Sprites. If you think you can or cannot handle the job please let us know as soon as possible.
    Thank You!
    "

Now that just blew my mind. I was actually asked to become a moderator? I hadn't really taken any thought of myself ever becoming a mod in the future, yet right there in front of me was a request to mod a sub-forum I...didn't really visit. XD; I frequented Sprite Comics, not Home of the Sprites. But apparently it didn't matter all that much. I was still shocked that I was asked, and my reply to Bobby's PM was written with shaky fingers. I simply couldn't believe it. Basically, I stuttered my acceptance of the request. Foolhardy it might've seen, but it's simply how I felt at the time.

Later on in the day I glanced at my bold and blue username and thought to myself "I can't believe this just happened."

It was hard being a newbie mod. Lurking your section of power almost for hours and looking for threads and posts that violated the rules, etc.. it was almost all too overwhelming. I was incredibly nervous with the thought that I might get fired within a week's notice. XD; But as time passed, I actually got a hang of keeping my cool and letting things flow out on their own. I'd like to think being a moderator helped shaped my maturity since at the time...I was naught but frivolous, playful, I felt this was a good break for me to wisen up.

During that time I became a regular at PC's IRC chatroom (which then actually gained a fair amount of activity thanks to Steve advertising it on the forums.) Let's see if I can remember correctly... Deviruchi (Superfairy), Avatar, myself, Charade, Ty, Koroku, Scizz, Chibi. Later came Cowrie, Hiroshi Sotomura (known as Tetsuya-san at the time), wakachamo, Skittles (Twilight Sky) and so on and so forth. We all became regulars, and IRC was treated as my second home to the forums. During the year of 2006 I also met Audy (Ausaudriel), Aoriaku (Gretchen Wieners), Kimi (CUTENESSattack!!) and various others I can't be asked to mention, but they're most notable in my mind since they've been with me for a long time.

So, the beginning of 2006 and through it came a lot of drama and new people. I can't be bothered going into so much detail. A LOT happened at the time. I left PC for 2 weeks and came back since I felt the job was tedious...but I couldn't exactly pull myself away. Then I paired with Scizz (go figure...I liked him a lot at the time, and even now we still get along pretty well.) 2007 was also drama infested and more people came to appearance -- not really anything different; except that I took a permanent leave from the staff on October 27th 2007 since my college work became a main priority over running my mouth off on members on the forums. Apparently the last time I wrote this I wasn't a moderator at the time, now I...am one again after some meddling and...actually, I believe today is the one year anniversary of when I was picked to mod OVP again, time does fly... o_o;

Over time I believe my attitude changed, and so had my maturity. A good number of people complained that the moment I became a moderator was the moment I shifted from being a human being to becoming that of a 'robot'. Which isn't so true, I kept my playful demeanour and I didn't pick favourites out of anyone. But I do agree that I was at times strict and harsh. I was jaded by the idiocy of a good number of members and by staff conflicts, really. The stress of the job shredded my patience slowly.

Since the last year I've met so many more people that I consider to be wondrous and absolutely fantastic. I've known a few, but...it wasn't until March time did I really get to know a lot of them better, and with them I found myself a great deal of comfort. Nica (Forever), Zet, Will (Guillermo), Malyka (Aizuke), Fiona (Franceschi), Went, BeachBoy, Emily (who doesn't frequent PC all too much), the list goes on. I really do appreciate meeting you all and getting to know you better, it's one of the best decisions I've made in a while.

And of course there is another person here who has made me feel at my absolute best during the last year. You know who you are, and I can't express enough how much you mean to me.

Last edited:

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I don't remember any specifics.

Torrents.
    Shiny Hunters Club
    Pixel art, then inspired by AC to become a Graphic Designer.
    Random Club.
    Gaining like 5k posts from the old DCC.
    Post whoring on Other Trivia.
    Donating because I felt I should.

4 years worth of gold there.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Ahem...

Well, the reason why I am here in PC is that...
    When my bro, Benevolent Wings, now known as Krad, accidentally found Advance Map(it's a ROM hacking tool), I was intrigued...
    So I searched around the web of where it came from and how to properly use that tool, and Google gave me PC's link.

That's basically the reason of how I found PC...

I joined in May, 2007.
    I was never satisfied with the official Nintendo POKéMON games, so I tried to do some hacking/modding.
    In my early days here, I was understanding how to hack/mod a PKMN GBA ROM and I started my first ever ROM hack called Reign of Legends...
    During that time, I met thethethethe, who was always helping me.
    I had a lot of questions that mostly he was the one answering them all.
    Soon, I saw Shiny Gold, and it was great.
    So I swore to be as good as zel, or even better.
    To me, hacking was competition, but as the time flies by and as I learn how to script, my goal changed from being the best, to just make a game for everyone to have fun playing.
    I also remembered when Blazichu wasn't a moderator yet.
    He had a thread in the Team Discussion thread, and well yeah, I joined but I wasn't really a helpful member so I quit the team.
    His English was rough to read back then. :P
    Soon, I finished Reign of Legends and moved towards Rescue Rangers...
    Now, I am hacking Life of Guardians...

So that's basically it. :P
    It's my second anniversary in this forum. ;)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Whoa, Gerri, you were a ROM HACKER?! Omgfudge.

Uh..well, I came about here a little over a year ago while searching up (you guessed it!) Pokémon Hacks. Found the hacks showcase, and it required an account to download, so I made one. Downloaded the first game that I wanted (which was Genesis' terrible, terrible beta 1) and, yeah. I mucked around ROM Hacking (something I'd discovered way back in 2006 when I found emulation, but it was only IconEd and AttackEd and stuff) and learning mapping and scripting (originally signing up for a now-dead hack as a spriter [lmao]) and...yeah, not much more. I made a hack called Pokémon Moonshine, it's in my sig. I've stayed addicted to here and its stuff, expanding from ROM hacking to Fanfiction, Other Trivia, then nothing, then back to everything and Pokémon General. And I got a name change in the middle. Ever since I got back, I've been (hopefully?) being a bit more mature, and trying to be a mod. Now Blazichu's gone too, here's my chance! xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I joined in late 2002 after Pikasurf and its equivalent incarnations all dried up and everyone moved over to this forum. I am now too old Pokemon but whatev.

I will say that I remember everyone on the board being much older back then. I don't know how that works. All of PC's current users must be the children of that generation or something.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I came, I saw, I looked around, I stayed.

Been doing this for almost 4 years.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I joined here back in September 2005, though I wasn't really active outside of the Sabrina fanclub for some time. For awhile that was the only place I'd ever post in, XD.

Then, some years later, in March 2007, I was anticipating the release of Diamond and Pearl, so I started visiting these forums again. I went and started a thread for the PC WiFi Tournament, though it got closed. However, I then got a PM saying that I would be allowed to restart the thread whenever the "new" Battle Stadium forum was created. I did exactly that, and I've been running it ever since. =D

And since then I've made my way into the other sections of the forum, and like Aura, I tend to log on here everyday now. I do not see myself leaving here anytime soon. ^_^

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My history is pretty shaky and foggy and I don't even know half of it, so I'll just settle with the fact that I came, I ticked a lot of people off, I lay low, I came again, I built up some sort of reputation and then I lost it because of something else, but then I admitted to something and suddenly I started feeling a whole lot better but still I don't feel the same and wonder if things could have been different if I copped on a bit last year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back