• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Salt Filled Foods"

Years
    • Seen today
    What's your preference towards salt?

I'm not too picky towards salt, but I have my limits. 'Five Guys' is one of least favorite places to eat because there's always an uncomfortable amount of salt on the food. Like I put my hand in the bag and it comes out covered in salt.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I dunno, I was going to say I'm not the biggest fan of salt but then I remembered I love soy sauce and tonkatsu soooo..

Years
  • Lightly salted only, everything else is too salty for me.
    It's more of a taste thing, I just don't like it.

Years
  • Too much salt is actually really bad for your health I learned from my father telling me. So if I buy any food I look first thing at the sodium levels anything past 200 I won't eat. However I try to look for food items less than 100 as well though their hard to find.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'm one of these people who constantly add more salt to the food they eat. While that may not be particularly healthy I also drink a lot of water over the day so it mostly evens out. Interestingly enough: while it's not advised to drink distilled water as it drags out the minerals from your body, if you eat a lot of salty food distilled water isn't actually a problem. That's especially true with western food as that usually comes with a lot of salt in it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I used to be very salty when it comes to food. But I'm watching what I eat now. Adding less soy sauce on Chinese food and using alternative methods such as Himalayan salt and garlic salt instead of plain table salt.

Years
  • i'm on the middle ground with this one. i like having just enough, especially on something like eggs. oversalted ones i can't bear to eat, similarly with fully unsalted ones being way too bland. i've been using kosher salt for the last few years and i think that's been helping out keeping things neutral, flavor and health wise.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Enjoys salt a fair bit. Probably falls in the lower or middle section of the "favorable" camp. Improves some foods considerably, such as cucumber. Degrades it with too heavy a dose, of course.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
  • I have a fairly high tolerance for saltiness, so unless I'm drinking ocean water or chewing on a salt block then I don't mind. I love salt and vinegar chips. I don't typically add it to foods though unless it's something that's naturally bland, like a potato. I don't think I've eaten a potato in any form that had too much salt. In my opinion, the saltier the french fry the better.

Years
  • I definitely don't salt my foods as much as others when cooking. I prefer very little or almost no salt personally, especially if I'm already going to be mixing things with spices and/or sauce (which tends to be salty enough by itself). Watching people put what I consider to be too much salt into food just makes me cringe on the inside :x Husband uses a moderate amount of salt when we cook and even then it's kinda ehh for me since I prefer less personally lol.

Years
  • I really like salty flavours and tend to have more salt on/in my food than others. I do try not to go too crazy though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    i live in the north. apparently we salt our food way too much but we don't even notice it because we're used to it.

Years
  • It depends on the food. I love my potato chips salty and I think that soy sauce is good, but I don't think that most food being way too salty is good because it's bad for the health and it overwhelming salty flavors can ruin the dish.

Back