• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That's what makes you beautiful~

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • Yeah, yeah, it's a One Direction song. AND IT'S MY FAVORITE SO SHHHHHH

What do you think makes you a 'beautiful' person? Like, to put it this way... what makes you unique or who you are?

For me, it would be my autism. A lot of times, people will fail to understand how or why. The reason is because I'm odd and quirky. I do things most people wouldn't realize. I am a child at heart, and I take a lot of pride or beauty in everything around me. It's a little hard to explain for me. ><

Sirfetch’d

People say that my caring personality stands out. I guess that is true and I am happy that is something that I have as a trait.

Years
  • It's my borderline personality for me! It makes me quite a bit different than others and it effects how I react to the world around me/people around me.
    I'd say my Autism would be second.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I like to dance.

I'm not good at dancing and I usually wouldn't do it in public (I'm a pretty introverted person), but when I'm at home alone or with someone I'm comfortable with, it's a fun way for me to express myself. I'm usually a rather bouncy-happy person, so those feelings just come out in dance!

Plus, I get a few extra fitbit steps in throughout the day with all that dancing. :)

My husband says it makes me unique! He'd never be find someone as strange as me again, nor anyone else with such rad dancing skillz.

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
    Years
  • What makes me unique in a good way? I guess that I don't tend to let my own concerns come before other people. Like, to the point where I've kept medical problems a secret to my parents in the past for the sake of avoiding burdening them...which usually just made things worse...on second thought, maybe that's more of a flaw.

I guess I just really hate making people worry about me, and I like to think that's a positive thing, even if it's pretty much driven by my anxiety.

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • A lot of people say I'm kind, sweet, caring, and all which is true but I don't know why it means anything since most people are, but other than that I really don't know.

tonbo

~(˘▾˘~)
    Years
  • i generally try pretty hard to see the good in people. occasionally i'll pass the odd comment about someone, just like most people do, but through my entire life, i've never genuinely hated anyone. meanwhile, my friends will 'hate someone after only just meeting them. sad :/

i need to have something that makes up for my physical appearance idk

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    i'd say my intelligence and wit are my most immediately recognisable & pleasing features
    i'm certainly not unique in any sense but i know how to leave an impression on people with ease and i like that

Years
  • I'm slightly intelligent and easily excited! Being Asian helps combine all of those terms. I am genuinely interested in any person I meet.
    I'm a bit forgetful though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Their positive, hopeful outlook on life and how well they treat other people c:

Also money.
    jk
    well
    ah ok jk

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I think it would have to be my creativity. How I talk about stories and my passion for them seems to come across the most when I talk to people, and my friends always seem interested whenever I'm brewing up another tale, so I like the way my mind works and how I can express myself.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I can put in loads of work when I need to and I like helping people whenever I can.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Uh... hm. We'll give this a shot.

Honestly, I don't understand why such things make me beautiful. I just exist alone, in my space, doing what is normal to me. But others have reacted positively to my creative endeavor at times, how much detail and depth I put into it, and how hard I continue to work on this particular story over the years. When I am around the right type of person, they will react positively to a certain more unique habit I have though.

My habit to try to suck you into my world and make you a character in it. I will assign colors, elements, and characteristics based on my original series. I suppose they appear to see me as a force that will absorb them into a magical land.

Because you see, I am this odd type of self-centered. (But not narcissistic. There is a difference! I hate myself far too much for that) So odd that I've encased myself in a world of my own making. I practically am a world myself. It's hard to explain, but it kind of happens when you spend most of your life alone and are unstable as I am. I don't mean to say this to be arrogant. What I mean to say that is that my personality combined with my creativity... are very powerful and forceful. And it will consume you if you allow it to. Captivate and motivate you even. But this will only happen with those I trust, because I know most people will be weirded out by it.

I suppose that sounds kind of negative, doesn't it? But that's why red is an appropriate color for me. It can be intense, and hard to look at. But if you can take that sort of vividness, then it'll be beautiful to you. The color of passion. Passion, that's what it is.

Basically, I'm passionate, focused, and so ridiculously self-centered that sometimes, it can become a good thing because I express my self-centeredness through creating worlds.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I would say what makes me unique is three things.
    1. I don't care too much what people think of my interests. A lot of people I know hide their interests from others they know except their friends. Me I have always been open about everything I like to anyone, be it at work or with family. Sometimes it did used to bother me when I was about 20 or so because there were times when my own extended family would tease me for still playing Pokemon. And they were older than me making fun. I would just laugh and shrug it off like it didn't bother me, but now it's nothing and they'll joke with me about it in passing and leave it at that. I like not being embarrassed of what I enjoy and can imagine how it can be a burden for people who hide what they love because of fear of judgment.

2. Now this one isn't so positive, I become obsessed in my interests. When I like something I become so consumed by it that I have to know everything I can about it. And being a gamer that made for some bad social life before. I am still like that now but I have tried to keep it in check by controlling how many different things I am into at one time.

3. Number three will sound a bit self centered but it's not my own thoughts. Almost all the real friends I have had always told me that I am one of those people that you can't not like. This has been explained to me through many friends over a long time and I simply can't understand it. Even to the point where I have done something wrong in the friendship those people would come to me and we would fix things and usually end in explaining why even though so and so happened they'd wanna keep me as a friend. I don't even know what specifically it is about me that does it to people. I have a half monotone voice, and my humor is very dry. Maybe I just have the perfect blend of personality or something, who knows. I'm just going off what has been told to me since I don't see myself as so likeable.

So that's what I think makes me unique and beautiful. Wish I could hang out with a lot of you guys, you all sound like we'd get along pretty well.

Years
  • There's a few things I can think of that make me unique. The four that come to mind are ingenuity, determination, charisma and humor.

I'm a very hard worker, and have been praised for it pretty much everywhere I go. The way I approach any sort of job is with complete determination. If it has to be done, or I just want it to be done, I'm going to do it. That ingenuity I mentioned before ties into this, really. I am obsessed with efficiency. If something isn't efficient, I find a way to make it so, and I always think outside the box to get things done faster. Where I work right now, I've helped to boost others performance by giving them simple tips to make their jobs easier. I've pretty much gained everyone's respect for being somewhat of a mentor to all of them.

Speaking of that, that ties in well with the last trait I mentioned, charisma. I really don't know what it is, but people just... can't seem to hate me. Even if I get in a disagreement with someone, and they get pissed off at me, it's not long before they are back to enjoying my presence. One time I can think of in particular, there was a guy at my older job that everybody hated. He was an asshole, and completely ignorant, acting as if he were the only person that mattered. I tried to get this guy to hate me, because he kept getting in the way of me doing my job. I would often scold him for taking things that I needed, or for blocking my path with a pallet or something. But every time I did, he just came back to me later and apologized for it. My co-workers said they didn't understand it at all, cause all he did was complain if they yelled at him.

The last one I mentioned, humor, is certainly one of the reasons my charisma is pretty high. I have a unique sense of humor, and a quick wit to go with it. I make jokes that nobody else thinks of, and I'm constantly making those around me laugh. My humor has always been a great moral booster in just about every situation. It also helped to get me through tough social situations, actually. I used to get severe social anxiety, and still do to an extent. But I've found that if I am making someone laugh, then obviously they have good thoughts about me. So it makes social stress practically disappear.

Anyways, that basically sums up how I have handled things my entire life. Without those four traits I would probably still be sitting in a corner, all alone, feeling like I'm completely useless.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • I'd like to think that my being able to listen to people well and giving advice well makes me unique. Also i am definitely a child at heart yknow? i enjoy lots of kiddie type stuff but *shrug* people have also told me that i'm a very caring and kind person. ye.

Back