• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Daily Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I really don't care if a song is about sex. As long as the lyrics flow nicely, it's all good.

Kyoe

working on it
    Years
  • Totally jamming out to Susie Q right now- nope, Stones now, sorry. You gotta love the Stones.

Hey everybody, I'm back! :D

low battery, so I won't be on long right now, just wanted to say I'm not dead.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sadly, my semester break ends tomorrow (well, Friday was technically the last day for it). But at least now it's not quite as...well, I had better not say it.

And CCR? Yeah, I know some of their well-known tracks. I think Down on the Corner was my favorite hit of theirs.

Years
  • I came to this topic and see CCR mentioned while jamming to Led Zeppelin! :D

Who'll Stop the Rain is a favorite of mine from them, and ironic considering I live in the state where it never stops raining. xD

Kyoe

working on it
    Years
  • I don't think I can actually choose a single favorite song from Led Zeppelin... I have their self-titled album on vinyl, and oh man does it sound amazing.

I just want to make sure we don't overlook the Lizard King, Mr. Mojo Risin', Jim Morrison.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I... I don't like listening to Led Zeppelin...
    I've never been the right person for classic rock. There are some great songs there, but I haven't heard a classic rock album on which I enjoyed more than half of the songs.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • >mfw I have no idea who Led Zeppelin is

Spoiler:

Years
  • Going to California is my favorite song from Led Zeppelin. I usually don't have favorites either, but I had to choose that one because I really love the acoustic guitar and the mandolin.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Hmmm I think Good Times, Bad Times might be my favorite Zeppelin song. And I pretty much love anything CCR too.
    this is also my favorite song of theirs. I've always been partial to "The Song Remains the Same" and the whole Houses of the Holy album, as a matter of fact. really good album to listen to on the first day of summer. never could dig Dire Straits, though, and yeah Jim Morrison is legendary. The Doors' first album is one of the best of the '60s, and "The End" is probably like one of the best songs ever.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    While we're on music from the last century, can we appreciate the beatles for a moment?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • ...and that was a wonderful show from the world-famous Dancing Poodles.

Next ladies and gentleman, we have four fine young men from Liverpool.

They're comin', hold on they're comin'! Four thoroughly alright and decent fellows...

yeah, not as big a fan of the Beatles. their music really wasn't as deep as I'd have liked it to be, even in their later career. Just sounded like a collection of hippie anthems, and the hippies had a lot to be disrespected over.

Years
  • *looks at Alex's post*

Seems logical.

I'm not much of a Beatles fangirl either. I always found them too old for my taste, and I'm not one who's into "hippie" sounds at all. This probably made it hard for me to enjoy when I had to learn about their music and career for a subject at school.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I used to be that way when it comes to them, but as my music teacher is a huge beatles fan, I'm starting to learn about them, and their music is unimaginably diverse. There is more to them that their starting phase and their hippie phase.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • honestly the Beatles are great but I very very very rarely think to myself "YO I NEED TO LISTEN TO THE BEATLES RN...." like they're super important and what have you but I never have a knackering to here "Here Comes the Sun" or whatever. my favorite album of theirs is Magical Mystery Tour which is an unpopular opinion. they're still great, of course.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    my uncle Ringo is actually named after the Beatles. :P

i never get the urge to listen to the Beatles either actually, despite how good their music is.
    it's just not the kind of music that i can jam to, because i appreciate it more than i enjoy it. does that make sense?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back