• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Lake Guardians

Which lake guardian?

• Azelf

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Mesprit

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Uxie

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Oh I loved them, but they were a pain to catch, haha ugh. And yeah, they had a really great backstory and role in the game, serving as emotions, paving the way for the legendary pokemon of time and space.. but yeah.

From the trio, my favourite pokemon would have to be Mesprit because it has such fabulous dreadlocks.. and its stats are pretty well rounded, so you can do almost anything with it!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I loved them so much! They were just so cute and i wanted each one.
    Now let me not put this lightly they were a pain to catch i mean just so tough!
    So dusk ball, dusk ball, dusk ball, ultra ball, ultra ball, great ball, pokeball... Oops out of pokeballs gotta reboot the game again! XD it was not fun! Now Mesprit was something just terrible even when i caught it it drove me crazy! Fly, fly, fly, bike, bike, fly haha it was like Latias all over again but when i did find id id chuck quick balls! Never used something to stop it from fleeing but one day i threw just a normal pokeball with this Mesprit full health and i caught it! I was so happy and then im like...i spent all that time looking for this guy and i could have just got it with a pokeball yyyyyyyyyy? It kinda drove me crazy but im glad i didnt spend as much time as some others may have and im really glad i didnt wimp out and use a masterball i was pretty close to that once lol.

My favorite of the trio is Azelf though because of his blue head and the triangle shape just makes him look appealing you can tell which ones they are realky just from their designs and what Azelf stands for always made him a favorite for me! I dont understand how anyone could love this little trio :D

Years
  • I loved them! They were really difficult to catch too, thank goodness for Dusk Balls because those saved my behind more times than I can count. xD;;

Azelf is probably my favorite since the blues go together really well, also love Mesprit but that blue clashes with the pink in some images and that tends to bother me a little (looks especially weird in the 3D model). :( But overall the lake guardians were really challenging to capture and had an awesome theme song to boot. Guess that's one good thing about me taking ages to catch them, can listen to the song for ages?? Haha.

Years
  • I never really caught any of them but they all are adorable and have unique strategies based on their different stat spreads. Of the three, my fave is Azelf (because blue Pokemon) but that's not to say all three are good on their own, and why they're one of my fave legendary trios out there.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I caught them all when I completed the Pokédex but I never really cared about them - I have never used them or intended to use them haha. They're kind of cool designs I guess but I just don't like legendaries in general and it's especially ruined by them being so similar to each other with nothing interesting or unique to say about the trio :(

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    To be real honest, I'm not a fan of their designs since their debut. Sadly that opinion hasn't change at all. If I were really forced to pick one of them, I think I might go with Azelf.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2023
    I immediately went out and caught Azelf when the chance became possible because:
    1. My favorite color was blue at the time.
    2. Mesprit was so hard to catch with it roaming around everywhere!
    3. Uxie has an ok design, but I didn't love it. Not trying to hate or anything.
    I liked the place where Azelf was put and combined with some of the music, it was pure bliss.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • I much more appreciated their role in the Mystery Dungeon Explorers series than in the P/D/Pt games. They were pretty useless and not that strong and convenient to use in those games, the way they fitted into the storyline of Mystery Dungeon gave them a much better role than some 'mysterious' lake guards in P/D/Pt. I captured all 3 of them, but only used them on exceptional occasions.

Years
  • Uxie was my absolute favourite!! Its design was so cute that I ended up keeping it on my team and using it in Contests on Diamond lol. Plus I like that it's able to learn Yawn :)

I liked how each had their own lake, and that they were fairly spread out. I caught Uxie and Azelf but never Mesprit. I caught Mesprit in later games though so I'm not complaining haha :)

Years
  • I caught them in all the games but I've never used them, I always have a full party when I do.
    My fave is Mesprit though! I like its design.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I LOVE the Lake Trio! I love their role in the game, and what they represent (the emotions), their designs, and their theme is so good >.< How long did it take to catch them? Like ... A LOT! Omg they were a pain to catch, but I caught all the 3 ^^ I love the place where they were put! The lakes were beautiful and were so calm and peaceful *-*
    I never used them on my team, because I don't like to have legendaries on my team ^^

My favourite Pokémon of the 3 is Azelf! I'm it's so cute, and I love its blue color >.< my least favourite is Uxie ... It looks like it is sleeping you know xD Mesprit is ok, but I think it was the most difficult to catch for me, so I don't care to much about it!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Hmm, actually Azelf. Mesprit was my favorite for the longest time but Azelf is stronger and imo has a bit of a better design.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Azelf is definitely my favorite, because he's blue. Shiny Azelf is adorable too. I really enjoyed the mission to retrieve all of these. I remember watching the anime episode that featured them whilst catching them in the game. Good times!

I forgot what the order was, but I pretty much caught them all in Dusk Balls. In ORAS, I'm catching them in Ultra Balls.

Years
  • One really cool thing about the trio is that their colours are based on yellow (Uxie), magenta (Mesprit) and cyan (Azelf) - the three colours made when you mix two out of red, blue and green light.

Last edited:

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Loved the three but I haven't caught them yet. Them representing emotions are very interesting and I loved their battle themes.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I used Mesprit once in-game on my Platinum Version, and that was fun since Mesprit has such balanced stats it wasn't too OP. Nowadays, I prefer Azelf more because of its more offensive spread and I prefer its design now. I used to use Uxie competitively in DPPt but that was the extent of that, never really cared for it otherwise.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Besides learning about them in-game I didn't really know much about them or didn't even care about catching them afterwards because they would be super weak. Lo and behold, a couple months after I had beaten the game Azelf kept popping up more and more in the competitive battling scene. It was one of the most used lead Pokemon in OU gen. 4 competitive battling because it was fast and had a wide variety of attacks. So after getting beaten by this little bugger battle after battle I decided to go and catch him. After I caught Azelf I would go and catch the other 2, Merspirit and Uxie as well. They weren't too terribly hard to capture, just took a while like most legendaries do. I used Azelf the most, but also used Uxie some in battling as well because he was pretty tanky especially in UU at the time. I didn't really use Mesprit at all but regardless it's my favorite Pokemon of the 3 aesthetically.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I don't really like the design of any of them all that much.

but I think Uxie looks the coolest out of the three.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I love them as a trio, but if I had to pick one I'd go with Mispirit. It always felt like it was the leader XD Catching them was actually pretty easy, only a few Dusk Balls and I used my Masterball for Mispirit. Never used them, Legendaries never make it to my Teams :P

Back