• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The User Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • Ugh. Thank you to Achromatic, McCree, and Morkula for being amazing friends. They just pitched in and bought me Pokémon Sun for my birthday. :') It's nice to have best friends willing to do such gracious and generous things. Thank you guys so much.

Years
  • I'm not really good at this but I guess I tried. Obviously there are others too but I can't include all the users here.

5qwerty: You're a great guy and you battle great too (Not as good as me though haha jk). Keep this up man!

Achromatic: You're a really friendly guy and actually, I became active to this forum thanks to you when I won the competition and you donated for me. Thanks a lot!

Adventure: Rikachu you're great and very friendly too, I'm really glad that I met you! God Kvall :D haha

Archy: It's a shame you're not on the Battle Server anymore because that's how I met you. Another one friendlyyyy user!

Aurora: You're doing an amazing job on the battle server and thanks a lot for that!

bobandbill: Thanks for all the advices you're giving me since I joined the Daily! You're doing an awesome and amazing job too!

Cay: You're a very cool and funny person, I like seeing you on the battle server too!

Charlie Brown: Josh, you're a very cool guy and you love Pokemon anime too. It's pretty good working with you on this one!

Christos: Thanks for all your help about ROM Hacking since I joined PC. Also, Spheal.

Dragon: Another one friendly user (We got so many haha). You too are doing an amazing job on the battle server and thanks!

Eleven: Chase I think I don't see you often on the battle server the last months (Timezones) and that's a shame because you're a great guy!

Gimmepie: I really enjoyed the battles we're having the last days. You battle great too and you're a great guy as weel. (SANDSLASH)

Hamtaro: :hug: I think your memes are the best thing about you and the whole server haha. You're an awesome guy!

Hashtag: Thanks a lot man for all your advices and tips about ROM hacking too. Also you're pretty funny!

Hiroshi Sotomura: Pretty much the same with Marcin. Thanks a lot for all your advices and your help with S/M :D

Kaori: You're a great member on the Battle Server and on the forum as well! Thanks a lot for streaming movies and Pokemon episodes and you draw awesome too!

Nick Wilde: I enjoy chatting and battling with you so much, especially the last days! You are battling great!

Noa: I remember when I joined the server you were voice (Or maybe not yet, I don't remember). And now you're a mod! Thanks a lot for all the tours, it's awesome chatting with you too. (I hate Drampa <3)

Omicron: I don't see you much due to timezones again but you're a great and funny guy!

Savashy: You're a great guy too and it's awesome that I know you. You're battling good too.

Sheep: Again, one more member that I don't meet often because of timezones haha. You're soo friendly and talkative too! Also, you're half Greek and this is awesome.

Syndrome (Sombra): Again. I don't mee you often bla bla. You're doing an amazing job as a mod on the Battle server so thank you!

Wolf: THANKS! for all your hard work to the battle server. It's like my second family there and thanks a lot about that!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Dragon is entirely too kind and traded me a shiny Eevee in Moon. He even offered to take the time to nickname it for me after we traded initially. Gladion will be the most beautiful shiny Umbreon ever! <3

Years
  • I have to definitely give praise to Rainbow for keeping activity in PGC running with creating threads and contributing to discussions there. Seriously, it'll be a matter of time before he becomes the next mod over there.

Demon Lord

Banned
    Years
  • I got 79% in my examination. Don't you guys think thats a celebration time. Yeah celebration time. Burges by me enjoy. no guys i am in only in 13 age its not right for me to eat bears. Should, i.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    I'd like to say a big appreciative howdy to BadSheep for being a really decent guy to talk shop with and for never taking my ham fisted way of typing as a personal attack thanks BadSheep :>

Years
  • I have to give praise to Brendino for being an example of hard work paying off with his graduation to higher staff. While I'll miss him being my fave Pokemon General mod, I will always remember him for being the founder of the annual Favorite Pokemon Tournament, and I'm sure he will one day find a person who can follow in his footsteps.

These are of course words coming from a dedicated Pokemon General regular of his era.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • For a while now, since I hit the 9999 mark, I've been running around on my alt, [user]Genesystem[/user], because I couldn't really figure out the right thing to do for a 10k. And I did consider doing a long User Appreciation post or maybe something a little different than I'm used to.

But instead, I want to dedicate this 10,000th post to my wonderful pair, Symphony. Most of you probably better know her as Ayu, though for the sake of this, I'll be referring to her by the name that's most important to me, Lize. She also goes by CSSnerd26 and Legolas on occasion. Because she's weird.

In the context of PC, she's the reason that I'm even at ten thousand posts. When she got on...I admittedly got nervous. Jealous, even. If a charismatic person's said to have a silver tongue, hers is certainly made of gold. I don't really need to say how delightful she is to be around. I think that most of you that recognize the name probably already know, and I can pretty easily admit that I'm at the opposite end of that. So I started posting a lot more in a lot of different places to really get to know PC, because in the time that I've been here I can't say that I really gained a solid grasp of the userbase as a whole. Really, I just wanted friends, and Lize was good at talking to people and just naturally made friends so I wanted to prove that I could, too. So I essentially competed with her.

And damn was I stupid.

She never really wanted any of that. She wasn't trying to make me feel bad. Hell, the reason that she came to PC was because I was there. And in the long run, she's the reason I'm still here. Because she's always been there for me. Hell, when I was de-modded, she was the one who made me feel better and not decide to give up on...a few things.

She's one hell of a pair, really.

But even outside of PC, she's pretty amazing in ways that she'd never care to admit herself. I'd list them all here but I don't want to embarrass her more than I already have. I mean, I can't write about how she's so cute that I felt my position as a pair was constantly in danger thanks to potential suitors, or I can't talk about how she's so sweet that she's given me more than a few cavities. Because that first thing would be embarrassing and that second thing would be hoooorribly cheesy. I could write about how she's considerate to a usually self-deprecating degree, or how she's a hell of a lot smarter than she gives herself credit for, or how she's just plain fun to be around. But I won't. If I did, I'd have to admit to myself just how unfit to be her pair, and to be her friend, that I really am. And she's put up with all of my shit even when she never had to. And there was a lot of shit. Any other girl would've been done with it, but for some crazy reason she decided to stick with me through and through.

See what I mean? She's really weird.

But I love...er...appreciate that about her. If we're talking about being out of her league, I'd say I'm not even in the same game. And to be honest, all this time later, I still feel shocked that we've come this far together. It makes zero sense to me, but if my thankfulness for her existing could be quantified in water, I'd drown the entire world. And I still think that's selling it short. I've caused you a lot of trouble, Lize, and I could never make it up to you. I still don't think I ever can. Nor can I pay you back for everything you've done for me. But I can give you this and hope it means something. Hope that you can understand even just a fraction of how important you are to me, how much I appreciate you, and how nothing at all could make for a more fitting 10k post. After all, the subject of this one's already perfect.

Last edited:

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    For a while now, since I hit the 9999 mark, I've been running around on my alt, [user]Genesystem[/user], because I couldn't really figure out the right thing to do for a 10k. And I did consider doing a long User Appreciation post or maybe something a little different than I'm used to.

But instead, I want to dedicate this 10,000th post to my wonderful pair, Symphony. Most of you probably better know her as Ayu, though for the sake of this, I'll be referring to her by the name that's most important to me, Lize. She also goes by CSSnerd26 and Legolas on occasion. Because she's weird.

In the context of PC, she's the reason that I'm even at ten thousand posts. When she got on...I admittedly got nervous. Jealous, even. If a charismatic person's said to have a silver tongue, hers is certainly made of gold. I don't really need to say how delightful she is to be around. I think that most of you that recognize the name probably already know, and I can pretty easily admit that I'm at the opposite end of that. So I started posting a lot more in a lot of different places to really get to know PC, because in the time that I've been here I can't say that I really gained a solid grasp of the userbase as a whole. Really, I just wanted friends, and Lize was good at talking to people and just naturally made friends so I wanted to prove that I could, too. So I essentially competed with her.

And damn was I stupid.

She never really wanted any of that. She wasn't trying to make me feel bad. Hell, the reason that she came to PC was because I was there. And in the long run, she's the reason I'm still here. Because she's always been there for me. Hell, when I was de-modded, she was the one who made me feel better and not decide to give up on...a few things.

She's one hell of a pair, really.

But even outside of PC, she's pretty amazing in ways that she'd never care to admit herself. I'd list them all here but I don't want to embarrass her more than I already have. I mean, I can't write about how she's so cute that I felt my position as a pair was constantly in danger thanks to potential suitors, or I can't talk about how she's so sweet that she's given me more than a few cavities. Because that first thing would be embarrassing and that second thing would be hoooorribly cheesy. I could write about how she's considerate to a usually self-deprecating degree, or how she's a hell of a lot smarter than she gives herself credit for, or how she's just plain fun to be around. But I won't. If I did, I'd have to admit to myself just how unfit to be her pair, and to be her friend, that I really am. And she's put up with all of my shit even when she never had to. And there was a lot of shit. Any other girl would've been done with it, but for some crazy reason she decided to stick with me through and through.

See what I mean? She's really weird.

But I love...er...appreciate that about her. If we're talking about being out of her league, I'd say I'm not even in the same game. And to be honest, all this time later, I still feel shocked that we've come this far together. It makes zero sense to me, but if my thankfulness for her existing could be quantified in water, I'd drown the entire world. And I still think that's selling it short. I've caused you a lot of trouble, Lize, and I could never make it up to you. I still don't think I ever can. Nor can I pay you back for everything you've done for me. But I can give you this and hope it means something. Hope that you can understand even just a fraction of how important you are to me, how much I appreciate you, and how nothing at all could make for a more fitting 10k post. After all, the subject of this one's already perfect.

After all this time to think of a reply all I can say is I love you.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Archy and Dragon are super sweet supporting trusted friends. <3 Thanks for putting up with me.

Years
  • Noa ~~ You always know -- and say -- exactly what I need to hear when I need to hear it. You're my best friend here ^ _ ^
    Arsenic: we just started talking recently but bae you never drop convo c: I hope we keep having conversations like that c:

Reactions: noa
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back