• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] the water pokemon club! a place where you can cool down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirtlenator

[color=#cecfc4]Hasta La Vista, Baby[/color]
Years
  • Question: Who's your favorite Water Type Gym Leader and why?

Question: If you were a Water Type Gym Leader, what would your gym be like? What puzzle if any, would you have?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    what is your fav dual type water pokemon?
    I don't have one in particular, but some of the contenters are: Lanturn, Azumarill, Starmie, Gastrodon and Rotom in its Wash form

Question: Who's your favorite Water Type Gym Leader and why?
    Misty was pretty good (might be biased because of the anime), Wallace has a good design and Nessa is also a pretty alright Gym Leader. I kinda wish we got to see a little more of them, though. Wallace made a return as both a champion in Emerald and I think in the ORAS postgame?

Question: If you were a Water Type Gym Leader, what would your gym be like? What puzzle if any, would you have?
    This is something I have alot of thoughts about and just love to imagine different types of ideas. I might come back this one later.

Years
  • Here 's a question what is your fav dual type water pokemon?

Hmm, this question's a tricky one! With water being such a versatile typing, it can pair nicely with many of the other elemental types, so it's hard to pick a fav when there are so many cool dual types out there. Still I'll try to choose though it's tough!

If we're talking about a specific Pokemon then my choice is the lovely water fairy Primarina. But if it's dual typings in general then there are probably more water/psychic Pokemon overall that I'd like using.

These are fun questions! Keep em coming y'all!

Question: Who's your favorite Water Type Gym Leader and why?

My favorite water type gym leader is always Wallace! He has the best signature Pokemon with Milotic, and as the final gym leader he's one of the best. In general he has a solid team with threatening and varied water Pokemon like Gyarados, Tentacruel and Ludicolo. He gives you a cool TM water pulse. Also his role is a little more dimensional than the average gym leader, he knows lore about the Hoenn universe, and is like the special gaurdian of the cave of origin, he can be a gym leader or elite four member depending on the game your playing, and has a role in the contests. I also like his relationship with Steven. Also Wallace's gym has the coolest location in Hoenn, and an interesting way you reach the city and nice backstory about how the place was formed.

Next runner up would be Nessa, mainly for her striking design, and Twilight Wings episode. Misty's an iconic one too with her fiery temper from the anime, comedic timing especially in the early episodes, but also she has this sensitive, caring, maternal instinct that comes out with the vulnerable. I really liked watching her battle on the show too, she had a lot of memorable moments, some of my favorites being the Princess festival episode and the underwater match against Molly in the 3rd movie.

This is a really interesting question that I hadn't thought about before. It could be fun to be a gym leader who is a nature historian. In this scenario I will be unavailable to battle at first-- missing like Blue and Jasmine were. To fimd me the player will have to take a dive down to the seafloor because I am off at sea, doing an underwater photography shoot of our native water Pokémon. For the gym puzzle the player will be asked to look for a certain pokemon down in the underwater passage that has eluded us, and take a photograph of it with the underwater camera. Your target will be chosen always at random from the different water pokemon on the route. As you search for the Pokemon to photograph you can encounter other wild Pokemon along the way + trainer battles to make it more challenging.

Because I am on the go my gym also travels with me, so after the photography expedition you follow me back to a Jules Verne-esque marine craft that you, and board it. My ship can not only navigate the underwater like a submarine, but cruise like a yacht when we reach the surface, and even sail through the air like a hang glider. You have the battle on deck with me once we've docked. How's that?

Question: What real world animal/myth/legend inspiration are you hoping makes it into the next game?

How about a Pokemon inspired the holy grail? I think this chalice-like pokemon should be a water/steel type. I would give it a signature ability called "healing waters" that activates whenever this Pokemon is sent into battle. It immediately cures the status of all Pokemon in your party that haven been poisoned, burned, frozen, paralysed or afflicted by sleep as soon as it is on the field. It's a free armoatheraphy whenever it comes in.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    There is a JRPG that I really like to play. It's called Golden Sun. That game has a really cool system for environmental puzzles. It also has one of my favorite dungeons of all time: the Mercury Lighthouse.
    This is a giant dungeon that has a really nice atmosphere and a ton of water-based puzzles. Redirecting water through pipes to lower and raise water levels, paths hidden behind waterfalls that lead to secrets, praying in front of statues using your healing spell, jumping on water (probably the most interesting gimmick), etc. It's just really cool all around.

So for my own Water Type gym I'd like to have a somewhat similar, exploration driven experience. It would be a very lengthy experience and so if it was put into a game I'd be one of the last, if not the last gym the player has to visit.

As for the theme, I'd use illusion. It'd be an "uninhabited" island not marked on any map, shrouded in a seemingly impenetrable fog. It has a forest and ruins of an ancient city, tinted in a cyan-ish hue. There are waterfalls, lakes and a bunch of contraptions that are seemingly used for different mechanisms that involve water somehow.
    The challenger gets somehow trapped on the island and have to explore it in order to find a way out. They wouldn't even know that they've just entered a gym. They need to be very perceptive, explore the different houses, find keys and other items to progress further. They'd need to climb down wells, cross lakes, find hidden rooms behind waterfalls, etc.
    Along the way they'd find bits and pieces of background information about the island, it's inhabitants and what happened to them. After a while they'd find out that they have to find a way to the rooftop of the giant cathedral-like building in the middle of the island.

When they finally enter the building they need to repair an elevator which leads them to the top. There I'd wait in order to do battle. The moment they face me, a heavy rain sets in, giving a hint as to what the battle will be about: fighting a rain team
    It's also very dramatic :P

Needless to say: I'd have a team that makes heavy use of rain (Swift Swim, Hydration, etc.).

Question: What real world animal/myth/legend inspiration are you hoping makes it into the next game?
    You know, thinking about it: it does surprise me that they didn't have an Excalibur/Lady of the Lake reference in SwSh. After all, they are based off of GB.

Some Water/Ghost Type Pokemon maybe, that could be found if you bring a broken sword to a specific lake at night.

Years
  • Has anyone ever come across a fan made water type pokemon they liked?

It's hard to forget the gen 8 starter hoax with the iconic platypus.

I would have picked this cutie if it had been real. My heart still ultimately settled on a water Pokémon in gen 8. Sobble's my favorite of the three Galar mons, when I get around to playing through the region I choose you Intelleon. I have been going with water these past few generations, with Popplio being my gen 7 starter, and Froakie being my first choice for gen 6 as well.

Is there a water fakemon that captured your imagination like in fan, fan fics or fan games/ rom hacks?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    It's been a while since I last used a Water Type starter. The last one was Froakie in X...
    Is there a water fakemon that captured your imagination like in fan, fan fics or fan games/ rom hacks?
    I haven't played many ROM Hacks or Fan Games recently. But even when I was still into them I usually avoided fakemon. That was mostly due to how unimpressed I was by their design. That might be different nowadays, though. That platypus looks really good, for starters!

So no, I haven't seen any Water Type Fakemon that I like.

Years
  • Milotic used Sweet Scent on all water trainers in the pool!

New question. If you are currently playing a Pokemon title what water Pokémon is/will be on your team?

I am playing Pokemon Pearl right now. I will probably catch a Shellos when the time comes, and raise it to Gastrodon. In my last Platinum playthrough it was a great investment that went to the pokemon league and post game battle facilities with me. Either form is fine with me. I am just starting the game, and haven't caught it yet. I have received the old rod though, and am considering getting catching a Magikarp for Gyarados. It wouldn't break me to have both since there unique typings mean they don't have the same weakness, plus one's a special attacker, the other physical, and I have a stally defensive mon and a sweeper.

What about you my fellow members? What are you currently playing, and who will be your go-to water Pokemon?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    What about you my fellow members? What are you currently playing, and who will be your go-to water Pokemon?
    I little while ago I beat both Sword and Platinum. In Sword I used a Lanturn. I actually thought I've never used one but then I picked another Silver playthrough that I haven't finished, yet, and realized that I was also using one there. xD
    On Platinum I used a Gastrodon. I like Gastrodon and it definitely didn't let me down.

Let's throw in another one. Disregarding whether or not you have the game:
    What's a Water type you'd like to make more/better pictures of in the new Snap game? If you haven't played: what Water Pokemon would you like to make pictures of?

Years
  • I'm not actively playing one right now, but I really want to try using Sharpedo for the first time in a RSE run. Not used to using physical water types so it seems like a fun experience :3

Years
  • What are you currently playing, and who will be your go-to water Pokemon?

Going through Alpha Sapphire atm, finally giving the Gen 6 games a run, and I'm still keeping my old ways of using Marshtomp to stomp a good chunk of my enemies lol. I don't think I'll ever pick any other mon with my Hoenn play throughs because it's soo good. Same thing when I played through Y a few weeks ago, choosing Greninja and having a blast using it.

When I eventually get to playing Ultra Moon though, I may look at a non-starter as my main H2O type for once lol.

Allen303

A warrior who has lost his ability to fight, is on
    Years
  • What are you currently playing, and who will be your go-to water Pokemon?

I am currently playing pokemon sun version and I have reseted my game 5th time to obtain a ♀️ popilo

Nice to see you again after a long time water trainer roni!

Years
  • I saw a cute Magikarp hat at the Pokemon center, but I was beat to the punch again. Brand new, but it sold out already.

I looked for something else, and I'm going to have to buy this lovely Suicune plushie. It will be a nice companion, when I watch the 4th Pokemon movie, where it gets a starring role.

https://www.pokemoncenter.com/product/701-06234/suicune-sitting-cuties-plush-6-in

I haven't decided yet, whether or not to also get this Piplup plush too.

https://www.pokemoncenter.com/product/701-03124/piplup-poke-plush-8-in

Since they all happen to be water mons, thought I'd share

Years
  • I am experiencing horrendously throttled internet speeds online right now, so I can't upload much, despite my longing to do a proper photo shoot with these lovely beauties who have newly arrived at my door. This a sneak preview of my haul from the Pokemon center, two magnificent water pokemon. My suicune sitting cutie is here. It looks so noble and expressive, they captured the detail so well. I have one more surprise. I can't believe they had this one, I knew I had to have her as soon as I saw it in stock and purchased this is a heartbeat. She's even more beautiful in person, she looks exactly right, again, I'm impressed with the perfect detail.

I ordered these last Monday, and they arrived this week. It's exciting. I would have posted earlier if I weren't having such tech difficulties.

Look who I got folks!

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I am experiencing horrendously throttled internet speeds online right now, so I can't upload much, despite my longing to do a proper photo shoot with these lovely beauties who have newly arrived at my door. This a sneak preview of my haul from the Pokemon center, two magnificent water pokemon. My suicune sitting cutie is here. It looks so noble and expressive, they captured the detail so well. I have one more surprise. I can't believe they had this one, I knew I had to have her as soon as I saw it in stock and purchased this is a heartbeat. She's even more beautiful in person, she looks exactly right, again, I'm impressed with the perfect detail.

I ordered these last Monday, and they arrived this week. It's exciting. I would have posted earlier if I weren't having such tech difficulties.

Look who I got folks!

Spoiler:

Oh my gosh!!! I love both of those so much!!! Suicune and Milotic, two of my favourite water-types!! They're absolutely adorable!! And how lucky they are to have a lovely mother such as yourself!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back