• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] the water pokemon club! a place where you can cool down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    On another note, Canada is experiencing quite a notable dry spell/heat wave for weeks now, it's seemingly never ending. Paired with ongoing forest fires, we it's been quite the summer. We certainly could use some water pokemon!! How lovely would it be to ride a Milotic down the river or have a Floatzel blast me with a water gun, perfect way to stay cool amidst the excessive heat.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    On another note, Canada is experiencing quite a notable dry spell/heat wave for weeks now, it's seemingly never ending. Paired with ongoing forest fires, we it's been quite the summer. We certainly could use some water pokemon!! How lovely would it be to ride a Milotic down the river or have a Floatzel blast me with a water gun, perfect way to stay cool amidst the excessive heat.

Does anyone else feel the same?
    Idk. In contrast to your situation: part of my country suffers greatly from flood damages. The western part, in particular. Dams breaking, rivers overflowing, houses and towns being set under water. There are still a bunch of people missing, as well.

But even in the eastern parts it's not particularly hot (around the 20°C, aka room temperature). We had a heat wave a couple weeks ago but that's about it.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Idk. In contrast to your situation: part of my country suffers greatly from flood damages. The western part, in particular. Dams breaking, rivers overflowing, houses and towns being set under water. There are still a bunch of people missing, as well.

But even in the eastern parts it's not particularly hot (around the 20°C, aka room temperature). We had a heat wave a couple weeks ago but that's about it.

I'm so sorry to hear that love!! ): I hope all is well with you and I send you my love and prayers . Hopefully the flooding ceases soon.

Years
  • I was taken aback that they randomly just give it to you for free lmao. That game was wild in some parts.

Yeah haha not sure why they wouldn't give you a Mon from the generation? Maybe a Skrelp or Clauncher, the opposite of your version exclusive!

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I was taken aback that they randomly just give it to you for free lmao. That game was wild in some parts.

I was delighted at this feature. Perhaps it cheapens the experience (comparably to the red Gyrados) as you don't have to work to locate and capture a Lapras and instead are given one. However, I was simply happy to possess a Lapras in the first place. Prior to generation 6, I don't believe I ever had managed to capture a Lapras. So for me, it was quite exciting!

Last edited:

Allen303

A warrior who has lost his ability to fight, is on
    Years
  • Navel pack used sweet scent! And attracted all the water trainers in lake!

I won't let this club die peacefully!

Question. Do you got a nickname for water pokemon?
    I have it, I call my Blastoise Navel pack and swampert as mud slasher!

Question. Which water pokemon you think has an ability to become a stater?

Question. What are disadvantage of water pokemon you think is not fair?

Question. Which water pokemon you think needs more attention?

Years
  • Do you got a nickname for water pokemon?
    Really depends on the mon, but if I can't think of anything I'll name them after an ocean or sea. I named a Lapras Pacifica once.
    Which water pokemon you think has an ability to become a stater?
    I wouldn't have batted an eye if they had the Tympole line be the orig water starter for Gen 5. Ticks all the boxes.
    What are disadvantage of water pokemon you think is not fair?
    Can't think of one right now. Maybe uhh that a majority of them need to be blue design-wise? lol
    Which water pokemon you think needs more attention?
    I don't hear Huntail be talked about much. One of my fave Gen 3 Water mons~

Years
  • Question. Do you got a nickname for water pokemon?

I'm not a big nicknamer of Pokémon tbh, but when I do they're usually named after mythical figures, nature, or Goddesses :)

Poliwag / Poliwhirl / Poliwrath are a perfect starter line imo. Absolutely 100% perfect for the role.

I would like more water Pokémon available to catch without fishing / surfing. Maybe in the grass beside water or during rain etc.

From a battling point of view - Lanturn, Azumarill, Clamperl and Kingdra. Quagsire also seems to get completely overshadowed by Swampert.

For designs, I rarely see anyone talking about Gorebyss or Mantine/Mantyke or poor little Luvdisc :(

I'm sure there are others I can't think of right now!

Last edited:
    Years

• Hello Everyone!

This is Dave (Sub-Owner)

So as the vacations are over for club, I am here with a new and exciting event for everyone!

Event:-. [As you read this - 2 September 2:30 AM EST]
    [CENTRE]Photobombing-Championship
    [/CENTRE]

Rules:-

You guys have got two weeks to click as many photos as you can WITH your pet/another animal BUT there's a twist!!

You have to edit/take the photo in environment such that it Matches the theme given in the spoiler below

Now said you have yo post minimum 4 and maximum 8 photos of yourself.

Note:- Any editing software can be used or any filter that matches the theme, Photos must be taken in Potrait mode only AND your photo must be with an animal.

Hint:- (Since I am not like Allen here's a free hint from me) You can make your pet/animal or yourself look like a Pokemon type mentioned there.

Like my post if you are participating

That's it!

Winner would win Member of the Month Title and Would be displayed in the first post of thread under Hall of Fame.

Spoiler:

You got two weeks which starts Now!!!!

Note:- If no one takes participates a Random member of the Club would be removed from the club permanently
    (Obviously Joking)

See yah!!!

Again Like my post if you are participating

Dave Out!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello Everyone!

This is Dave (Sub-Owner)

So as the vacations are over for club, I am here with a new and exciting event for everyone!

Event:-. [As you read this - 2 September 2:30 AM EST]
    [CENTRE]Photobombing-Championship
    [/CENTRE]

Rules:-

You guys have got two weeks to click as many photos as you can WITH your pet/another animal BUT there's a twist!!

You have to edit/take the photo in environment such that it Matches the theme given in the spoiler below

Now said you have yo post minimum 4 and maximum 8 photos of yourself.

Note:- Any editing software can be used or any filter that matches the theme, Photos must be taken in Potrait mode only AND your photo must be with an animal.

Hint:- (Since I am not like Allen here's a free hint from me) You can make your pet/animal or yourself look like a Pokemon type mentioned there.

Like my post if you are participating

That's it!

Winner would win Member of the Month Title and Would be displayed in the first post of thread under Hall of Fame.

Spoiler:

You got two weeks which starts Now!!!!

Note:- If no one takes participates a Random member of the Club would be removed from the club permanently
    (Obviously Joking)

See yah!!!

Again Like my post if you are participating

Dave Out!

Just repeating again

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Question. Do you got a nickname for water pokemon?
    Noe that comes to mind. I usually come up with names as I play...

Incidentally, the two lines I came up with were both already mentioned. xD

Tbh. sometimes I think Water types are a little bit too good. So any disadvantage just seems very justified.

Corphish, Krabby, pretty much all the "generic" fish Pokemon like Goldeen, Barboach, Lumineon, etc.

Years
  • Question. Do you got a nickname for water pokemon?

Names mean a lot to me, and I try to put thought into the nicknames of my Pokemon partners.

The Suicune I caught in Soul Silver I named North Wind because this is how the people who lived near the woods referred to this mysterious legendary Pokemon in the 4th movie. More recently I caught a Suicune in Omega Ruby at the Trackless Forest mirage spot, and named it Kronos, after the Greek Titan who ruled over time. I chose that name because legendary Pokemon often seem like divine creatures, Suicune is a majestic Pokemon, and this one took me an extremely long time to capture, so that's also why I chose a time god. It fittingly was captured in a timer ball to make that name even more appropriate.

Among other Pokemon nicknames that I am proud of is my Gyarados Visenya. She is named after the ancient warrior queen and dragon rider Visenya Targaryen from the Game of Thrones universe.

I have a shiny Staryu called Topaz because it's delicate coloration reminds of this gem stone.

My first ever Milotic was on Pokemon Emerald, and I named her Psyche after the mythological character who was a girl of legendary beauty that confounded the Gods. I think Milotic is the most beautiful of all pokémon, and wanted a name that expresses that. I also chose that name also because Milotic is supposed to be a loving Pokemon, beautiful on the inside as well as outside, and psyche is a word for your innermost self.

Also have a Lapras called Nimueh, taking inspiration from Arturian legend's Lady of Lake. I use this particular spelling of Nimueh because it's the one used for the beautiful sorceress and 1st season villainess in BBC's Merlin played by Michelle Ryan.

This is an interesting question that could be interpreted different ways. I took it to refer what could potentially be a good idea for a water starter Pokemon in future regions.

I have dreamed of a Greek-themed Pokemon world for years. I would like the water starter to be a hippocampus/ mythological water horse! Either a pure water type, or fairy/water combo.

I also think a region inspired by Mexico and Mesoamerican culture could be cool, and wouldn't mind the water starter being a poison dart frog. Obviously it would have to be a water/poison dual type.

Pure water types have only two weaknesses, and several resistances, so I would say this is an advantageous typing, rather than especially at a disadvantage. It's a good defensive typing, though it can also be offensive.

Looking at individual water pokemon, something that is a disadvantage to one of my favorite pokémon Gyarados is the 4x weakness to electricity with a dual flying/water typing. I suppose it's a little unfair because Gyarados is more of sea dragon, and there's nothing about it that suggests it should be in the air, nor does it get any good flying moves to make use of, it's just a nerf leftover from gen 1 because it's already a strong Pokemon and would have just been crazy OP back in the day if that been made the water dragon Pokemon it's really supposed to be.

At the end of the day though, I know how to turn it's weaknesses into strengths, and I try to offset that inability to take a strong electric attack with partners in doubles that can draw those moves away with abilities like lightning rod and volt absorb.

Dewgong, has a simple yet I think really endearing design with such a sweet face and dark eyes, and inspired by a lot of cool real world animals like sea lions, walruses, beluga, narwhal and of course the dugong.

It's stats ain't so bad on both defensive sides and health, and think it could be an awesome Pokemon if it got a third stage evolution. It already has a lot of utility moves like encore, perish song, toxic, protect. Rest works really well on it in the rain with it's hydration ability. It just hasn't been given much new over the years. If it evolved one more time it's stats ought to be strong enough to play offense and take advantage of the stab ice beam and and surf.

Whishcash is another Pokemon I would like to see elevated. I like it's silly design, and it has an interesting bit of Japanese folklore connected to it because it's the Namazu. Water ground is such a cool typing, just look at Swampert and Quagsire. Just give the catfish a mega so it has stats to back it up! With dragon dance, a stab earthquake, waterfall, stone edge it really wants to be sweeper like Gyarados.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    So, since I'm so well prepared: instead of putting a lot of words out, I'll just refer to ReKoil's post in the Ice Type club.

I'll be taking part in here. I have a box and I have a Internet and a Water (30 to be exact). I'll get to the image in one of the following days but so far this is what's going to be traded away:
    - some trade evolutions
    - some Phione
    - a shiny
    - lots of items

Who else wants to participate for the Water Type club?

Years
  • Posting my submission for the Water club =3

Before:
    Spoiler:

After:
    Spoiler:

Seems I'm helping my rival clubs win by breeding additional boxes.... I got more same type mons back for both the Water and Fairy clubs 😂
    Not that I mind though 😉

Also, while I'm here, might as well join up ^.^
    I don't see anything in particular required to join up so I'll just list my fav Water types:
    Milotic, Tapu Fini, Lapras, Vaporeon, Primarina, Swanna, Suicune, Lumineon, Gorebyss, Dewgong, Huntail, Piplup line, Shellos

Attachments

• 265101532_425789602602445_8676275249137290643_n.jpg
      265101532_425789602602445_8676275249137290643_n.jpg
      101.1 KB · Views: 62
    • 265113117_425789042602501_2117043917093322875_n.jpg
      265113117_425789042602501_2117043917093322875_n.jpg
      110.6 KB · Views: 63
    • 265328483_425789039269168_4423702406410086085_n.jpg
      265328483_425789039269168_4423702406410086085_n.jpg
      124.8 KB · Views: 64
    Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'm done with mine.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Wonder Traded away a box of Water-types in Ultra Sun for the forum event.

Water Club Surprise Trade Box.jpg
    Consisted of:
    - Ten Poliwhirls. Level 30. Possessed their hidden abilities. Calm nature. Held King's Rocks. Knew four egg moves (Bubble Beam, Haze, Ice Ball, and Encore). 4-5 perfect Individual Values on each one.
    - Ten Clamperls. Level 1. Jolly nature. Distributed a Deep Sea Tooth to each one. Came with three egg moves: Body Slam, Confuse Ray, and Brine. 4-5 perfect Individual Values on everyone.
    - Ten additional Clamperls. Level 1. Modest nature. Handed Deep Sea Scales to these. Matched the above Clamperls in egg moves and number of perfect Individual Values.

Went to a diverse group of trainers. Saw the United States, Brazil, Japan, Chile, South Korea, Barbados, Mexico, Spain, and France. Originated primarily from the United States, admittedly.

Water Club Surprise Trade Box Returns.png
    Received 7 Water-types back: six Magikarps and one Popplio.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    So I did Water too

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back