• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TURN-ONS

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
  • when you're looking for a potential mate, what the hell gets your gears turning. what do you look for in a person. what are some things, physical or otherwise, that make you more inclined to pursue this person on a romantic level. I don't think we've had this thread recently but boy it would be embarrassing if we had. I just looked and didn't see anything. have a ball.

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
  • You are right about one thing, this is a really original thread. Dont care about embarrasment, thats what the internet is for anyways :P
    Ill do my best to answer it as truthfully as possible.

Lets split it between Personality and Looks for now.

Personality:
    What really turns my on in a woman is spirit. What I mean with that is that I like a girl who can talk back to me, and when I do something wrong, is sure to let me know (repeatedly) that I was wrong. Dated a Girl once who always said "I aggree", "Good Idea" and "what you said" on every opinion/proposal I make. I couldnt stand it anymore after 2 weeks. :O I also love it when a girl can be random, cause then everyday can be more different and fun than the last one. ;)

Looks:
    Welp, in terms of looks, there are 2 things that turns me on. Long somewhat straight hair (doesnt have to be completely straight), and she needs to be smaller than me. (Im 189 CM / 6.20079 Feet, so that one isnt too hard) Other than that, as long as she has some spirit/fire, I can work with it :P

Curious about the other answer. Lets see!

Last edited:

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Jason Momoa, have mercy on my soul <3

Looks: I like a guy that dresses well. Nothing fancy, but I like when I can tell a little thought went into their outfit to look nice. I like hair a little on the longer/shaggier side and dark, though a few lighter brown & blondes have swayed me in the past. I feel SO lame typing this, but a little bit of bicep never hurts. Tattoos and a piercing or two is a great bonus. I also love a nice smile and kind eyes.

Personality: Being a real big introvert, I tend to be drawn to more outgoing yet laid back personalities, I think they're a nice balance to my uptight/stressed out quiet one :P I like ambition/passion, a sense of adventure, a great taste in music, and the ability to hold a good conversation. Intelligence is a must, regardless of the subject. I just really can't handle really shallow people who don't care about the world outside of their own little bubble.

Bonus points if they can hold equally eloquent conversations on ASOIAF and video games I like.

Years
  • What gets my gears going is a pretty face that funny and intelligent things come from. It feels a little shallow to be taken in by good looks, and also to say something as cliche as that I find intelligence attractive, but there it is.

But like, physically speaking, dark hair, a nice shaped nose, a mischievous eye twinkle - that's the kind of thing I'll immediately take notice of. But I wouldn't think of pursuing someone unless they were really interested in/committed to/obsessed by something that I can also be interested in (even if I'm not too interested) but at the same time is aware of it and knows it can get out of hand. Enthusiasm tempered with self awareness. I've known people who take things too far and that's not good for a stable relationship. I also like someone I can argue/debate with and not have it feel mean or resentful.

Really, as far as a relationship goes, I want someone I can cuddle with while watching movies, but someone who will also spend the hour after the movie talking about its technical merits, the quality of the acting, the unintentionally funny parts, and stuff like that.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    Physically, I like big boys with muscle and beards. One of the reasons I barely fall in love with boys my age is that they have neither >.< (personality wise it's a different story though!). I realllly like beards on boys for some reason. They give a sense of protection. ^-^ If they dress really fancy it is a big plus.

Personality-wise, I can pretty much fall in love with any boy who is being himself, even if we don't share anything in common. One of the last boys I really liked loved soccer. I have no interest in it but the way he talked about was just really nice the way he told you things about the sport, techniques, and everything. He made it look interesting even for someone like me. I prefer boys who are not too outgoing, but really, in the end, I think I'd date with someone I am comfortable with, no matter the appearance or personality.

In my last school there was a boy I really liked. He is usually alone but never sad and he wasn't necessarily sad. He was the nerdy type and he always enjoyed his own thing. He introduced me to Minecraft and we would often play it together. He also explained hard concepts for my biology exams in an easy way and you could tell he liked all that. I think I liked him at least a little bit.

Last edited:

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I feel like mine is pretty different, compared at least to the people I know.

Physically: I really like short hair on a girl. Pixie cuts can kill me, and I also really like the hairstyle where one side is buzzed and the other is long. The second one I've seen a lot less, but when it's done well I think it's really amazing. I'm also a fan of tall girls, but due to the fact I'm not tall myself, tends to be more of a pipe dream.

Personality: Tomboys. Just Tomboys. Other than that I do like humor in a girl. And a little on the fringe, I kind of like a certain meanness, but not really overtly rude or abusive or anything. The meanness isn't really as big of a thing as really anything else, but it is something I've noticed.

freakyladymoonbeam

Cookie Chomper
    Years
  • Oh man. See, the thing is, I'm aromantic, but I still adore being in a romantic relationship. I really like having someone I have an interesting conversation with. It also helps if they're cute. ...Now that I think about it, those are really my main two things, LOL. Dang. I'm not all that picky, I guess.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • was convinced into doing this, cough you know who you are ;D cough.

for me, one's personality is a huge part on what turns me on and what doesn't.
    I'm immediately turned off if you're not open-minded and ignorant (ignorant on the level of being just a plain idiot or jerk, ignorant of one's race, ignorant on a social & knowledgable level). People who aren't open to new opinions or statements and are just stubborn on their statement pisses me off, we're not going anywhere if we sit on the same plateau forever !!(ex. "God gave us guns to shoot the gays!")
    Also, one's level of cockiness is a factor. I can understand/tolerate one who is just playfully/jokingly cocky, but if you're an arrogant type of cocky, a narcissist, gtfo please :)
    Kinda relates to the last posts, i guess, but if you aren't a good listener (like in conversations, not in lectures lol), it reflects your personality js. Plus, if you only make a monologue about the same things over and over and over again, it gets boring! + even its a monologue about yourself all the time, thats even worse :/

turn ons yay :D
    For looks I guess, I like it a bit more when a guy is a few inches taller than me, I'm 5'4/5'5 ft isn so its not that hard :') + if your hair isn't down to shoulders & are a clean being, you pass!
    If you love to explore, open to new things, adventures, lets get together asap kay ;D
    But seriously, if you're open-minded, accepting, & understand people's opinions and can see from their pov, that's attractive to me :) Also, if you can keep a conversation going and don't accustom into the awkward silence, that's nice. Having a bit of outgoingness is kinda important, but I don't mind introverts, I just prefer extroverts.
    Also, someone who has quirks ( i like dorks okay xD) and accepts other's quirks is important because of my all of my quirks ^^ ex. Pokémon quirk ;D
    For intelligence, I would prefer somebody who is a little above average so I don't have to drag on a conversation with them and they're just agreeing with me 100%, they're suggestive & can go against me & my opinions/statements if I'm wrong.
    Last, but not least, someone who can make me laugh or smile. It just brings a little more light into my life ;)

Adore

Party.
    Years
  • As far as appearances go, I don't really have a type. A nice beard is a plus, though.

Personality is where it gets more complicated. I don't think I could date someone who isn't artistic, or doesn't at least have some kind of interest in the arts. Art is such a huge component of my life (as a job, field of study, and hobby) that I just wouldn't have much to talk about day-to-day otherwise. So, artsy is a must. Besides that, the basics of general interests/hobbies, ideology, and general chemistry are what catches my attention.

Last edited:

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • I really need this beard love thing to end because the best I can do is Shaggy from Scooby-doo. >.>

I'll start off with appearance; I prefer girls who are shorter than me and don't have hair long enough to strangle someone. Pretty eyes are a great plus and I've realised I have a thing for spectacles (er, glasses?). I like nice legs too but I mean, who doesn't?

And now to the more important part, personality. Humour is the biggest thing I find attractive. Intelligence and wit are important as well (in fact, I'd say they come a close second) but a girl that can share my sense of humour is the right kind of girl for me. On the topic of intelligence and wit, I like someone who is open-minded and someone who I can have occasional debates with, and can discuss interesting topics with. Then again, to be fair, and I'm going a full circle here, I'd rather have someone who I can laugh with than someone who I can debate with.

Years
  • Personality is a bit harder for me to answer. Kindness and open mindedness are important to me. You don't have to be super-clever but I could never date someone I thought was an idiot. A sense of humour helps. Honestly I think it'd be easier for me to list traits I dislike than ones that make me immediately think you'd be a good girlfriend lol. One way or another though, you need to be someone I find easy to talk to.

Physically I'm a bit more clear on. I definitely have a preference for tiny blondes, although of course there's always exceptions. I'm not that interested in stereotypically "hot" women though, that's for sure. Interestingly enough though, I don't go mad for blue or green eyes like some. I really like brown or grey eyes. A nice smile is also a big one for me. Again, I'd probably have an easier time listing things I find unattractive than appealing xD

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • In terms of personality, someone who's more outgoing. Shy is cute, but extroverts are more easily noticed, and I tend to be more drawn to them. Generally, just girls with bubbly personalities who are easy to get along with and fun to be around.

As for looks; girls with pretty eyes get me hot and bothered, they're usually one of the first things I notice. Also, butts. Butts are awesome.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • Personality-wise I like girls who are more outgoing and not too girly. Someone I can have a good time with. I also prefer someone who's open minded and has an interest in the world and everything around it on a scientific basis since I have that too. They also have to be honest and someone who's not too clingy. I can't stand those couples who seemingly become one single person and share everything ranging from never going out alone to only having mutual friends and shared facebook accounts. I like my individuality so no thanks.

And they have to be someone I've know for quite a bit, since so far, I've never fallen for someone who wasn't a good friend at first.

Appearance-wise I like someone who just looks natural, who doesn't hide under layers of make-up. I also don't fall for girls who are either obese or really really skinny.

Giggleswee

[Screaming in emoji]
    Years
  • Okay, okay.. here I go

Well, for turn-ons I would have to say the best is the personality. I like chill people who are willing to joke around and play around with me. I'd like someone who talks to me a lot (because I love talking). Someone who has similar music taste to me is another as well. I like long walks on the beach. Most of all I like someone who is accepting and good with kids. I can't cook so if they can cook that's a plus.

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    Personality wise; probably my biggest would be sweet. Like, someone who says really sweet things to you, makes you feel good, knows you, all that kind of stuff. The kind of person that just knows what to say at what time. Another big personality turn-on for me is affectionate, I suppose. I do happen to really like affection.

Appearance wise; For females my biggest turn-on would definitely be thigh highs and other similar leg wear.

...that's about it for appearance. everything goes really. i don't care.

semi

the magnificent steiner
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    This is what I work with, mostly:

The messier the hair, the better. Relatively long and tousled hair turns me on a like reactor flashlight. And? Playful, light-hearted flow of speech. Generally serious, because I don't do well with people who like to joke around as much as I do. That is, as long as he catches on to my specific sense of humour. That's it, really. Surprisingly, I don't get too picky in this subject. Oddly, I am picky about literally everything else in life.

Years
  • Not too picky with appearances but I absolutely need guys to keep themselves clean. If you can't be bothered to shower or brush your teeth more than once a week, even when I'm over, then I'll just quickly scoot out and you won't see me again kbye.

Personality-wise I just love funny guys. I'm modest and shy so having a more outgoing contrast to that is great and makes me happy. My ex was extremely monotone and I was hardly able to deal with that. I soon realized I didn't have the love I thought I had for him, as hard as that was to admit.

Lately I've noticed I have some sort of thing for somewhat girly guys and guyish girls (to an extent, though I'm primarily straight) so I guess that counts too? B]c

Back