• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon Pre-Release 30 Day Challenge #1!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    21. Your hopes/expectations/ideas for USUM's story

Don't change the characters. Adding more backstory is fine, but don't change them. They're all likeable for a reason.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    1. Your current level of interest in/excitement for the games!
    - I still remember I was superbly excited about having a new Pokemon game!
    (It's always been this way, even my hated Unova.)

2. A Pokemon you hope is in the USUM regional dex
    - I don't have a specific Pokemon but I'd say Ditto for easy breeding, though you can already transfer them from your Sun/ Moon since Pokebank has been opened for so long...

And Scyther for a reason below.

3. A Pokemon you would like to see get an Alola form
    - Johto Pokemon need to get more loves.

4. Will you play as a boy or a girl?
    - Boy, as usual.

5. A character from SM that you hope returns/gets an expanded role
    - Lillie, Lusamine, and Gladion (Duh!).

6. A character from a past gen game you would like to see return
    - Riley and Lance. I love them.

7. A rumour that you think/hope is false
    - Fusion outside of Lunala/ Solgaleo and Necrozma I guess. It'll get too complicated.

8. A Legendary/Mythical Pokemon that you'd like to see in USUM
    - The Time and Space Master and the owner of the Distortion World.

9. A Pokemon you would like to see made into a Pokeride
    - Scyther for Cut?

10. Your initial reaction to USUM's announcement
    - WOW. YAY!!!

11. An item of clothing you would like to see added to the games
    - Jacket sounds impossible since the climate is warm and humid; But I'd say raincoats for the rainy areas! You don them on right away.

12. Which starter will you choose?
    - I'd probably try Popplio this time if they allow soft resetting without repeating the whole front story like in Sun/ Moon. Yes I judge gender and yes I want a female Popplio.
    Or else it'd be Rowlet, again.

13. A feature from SM you hope is expanded upon/changed
    - Festival Plaza need to change back to the old one in X and Y. It's just so frustrating.

14. A Pokemon that you would make into a Totem
    - Alolan Ninetales. Ice trial please.

15. Your planned team for your playthrough
    - Primarina/ Decidueye, Dusk Lycanroc are the only 2 (3) confirmed ones for now.

16. A feature from a past game you'd like to see added
    - VS. Seeker perhaps, and Pokemon following you.

17. A Pokemon that you would like to see get its own Z-Move
    - Alolan Ninetales because I am biased.

18. A rumour that you think/hope is true
    - 4th Lycanroc form.

19. An Alolan Pokemon you'd give a new form in USUM
    - A 4th form Lycanroc would be nifty.

20. Would you prefer Gyms, Trials, or a mixture of both?
    - I'd love both, double the fun and challenge!

- I hope it'll be an sequel to Sun and Moon.

22. Would you like USUM to be easier or harder than SM?
    - Much more harder would be good. Help that we can transfer Pokemon over for the new game now, so we aren't limited much anymore this time round.

23. Your ideal postgame
    - More characters from the past you can fight with/ you battling the people you've met on certain days like in HGSS.

24. Your most wanted thing for USUM
    - More Alolan varients.

25. Your least wanted thing for USUM
    - Festival Plaza.

26. A music track from SM you'd like remixed for USUM
    - I always switch the game mute sorrynotsorry.

27. Which version will you buy?
    - As always, the blue side so Ultra Moon. Already preordered!

28. What would you like to see released after USUM?
    - SINNOH REMAKE.

29. Your thoughts on the latest news?
    - Loving everything thus far!

30. One month later...your new current level of interest in/excitement for the games!
    - Still anticipating! We are less than 3 months to the game!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    17. A Pokemon that you would like to see get its own Z-Move: Flygon, to make up for its lack of Mega Evolution in Gen VI
    18. A rumour that you think/hope is true: none yet; the Mimikyu one was false.
    19. An Alolan Pokemon you'd give a new form in USUM: Possibly Crabominable to make it more suited for environments elsewhere.
    20. Would you prefer Gyms, Trials, or a mixture of both?: Mix of both
    21. Your hopes/expectations/ideas for USUM's story: More postgame content, including something close to the PWT or the Battle Frontier

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

I don't care it will always be easy now that I know and have played the game for almost 20 years. There is no making it harder. And I don't won't a game that is going to make me rage quit. I think BW was the perfect difficulty. They need to keep the EXP Share as well, as it makes it easier to train pokemon. Maybe make it come later in the game.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years

Harder. Always harder. The games are getting too easy.

Years

S/M already had difficulty to it with opponents that had crazy strategies and my Pokemon often getting killed. So, I'd say keep US/UM at the same difficulty.

blue

gucci
    Years

Harder, but more focusing on the regular trainers and some of the boss battles. While the difficulty is fine in SM, most of the trainers have 1-2 Pok?mon at most which feels ridiculous by the time you reach the 3rd/4th island.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024

Equally as hard in difficulty when confronting important characters, like the evil team Leader, the Elite Four, and/or the Champion.

However, I would like the E4 and Champion's teams to range in their mid to late 70s to make level grinding much easier.

I'd also include an optional bonus boss who uses Chansey, Blissey, and Mega Audino to make those extra EXP a bigger award to earn, assuming they won't let us use Blissey Bases, like last time in ORAS.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022

Hmm. I think it should be the same. Some of the Totem Pokemon were pretty challenging, especially since the support Pokemon they called in were good counters.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
    Pretty much the same as most have already said here.

Maybe I can choose the difficulty :)

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    22. Would you like USUM to be easier or harder than SM?​
    22. I liked SM's difficulty (or maybe it was just me, since I turned off the Exp. Share). I want USM's difficulty to stay the same as SM, or maybe increase it up a notch. :3 I wouldn't mind an option to choose our preferred difficulty, too.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

Well, I fell behind. I think the difficulty is fine for the most part. Though I agree an option for those looking for harder challenge should be available a la BW2.

blue

gucci
    Years
    23. Your ideal postgame

A second region, but that's out of the question. Ideally I'd like something like the Battle Resort from Platinum or the Battle Frontier from Emerald.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    23. Your ideal postgame.

Oh, you've gone and done it now, asking for "ideal" instead of "realistic". The bait has been taken. =P

My ideal postgame would include an entirely new subregion(similar to the east side of Isshu in Gen V or the southern part of Kalos in Gen 5 that I built up in my imagination during the main quest only to be severely disappointed with at the end :( ), in addition every other past region which can be visited à la Gen II style. It would include a complete National Pokédex, a Battle Frontier, a Pokémon Ranch(like the WiiWare game but of course better), the return of the Pokémon World Tounament(even if I can already battle everyone in their native regions ;) ), a slew of legendaries that actually tie into the story(rather than the clusterfudge that was in ORAS), and an insane amount of side quests.

tl:dr version: we'll never be satisfied because we always expect too much. =P

Years
    23. Your ideal postgame.

I'd definitely have some catchable legendaries from previous generations, considering that's been a common trend for third versions/sequels/remakes (which US/UM easily falls into the category of) and I'd also include more high-level Pokemon to grind against so that we don't have to rely on the Elite Four rematches constantly.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
    23. Your ideal postgame
    Nice, long post-game story.
    New/extra region/areas to explore.
    Many Pokémon to catch (at least 80% of National Dex I'd say).
    Fun features like Battle Frontier.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    23. Your ideal postgame?

1. A good amount of side quests.
    2. The ability to catch a good portion of the National Dex once the story is completed.
    3. A sufficient amount of Trainers you can fight on a daily basis to grind for EXP.
    4. New areas worth exploring, be it a newer section of already established areas or somewhere entirely different we haven't been to before.
    5. Catching Legendaries and maybe a Mythical that would have a place in Alola.

Back