• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Weird" toppings that you like on your pizza

Years
  • What "weird" or unconventional toppings do you like on your pizza? My favorite unconventional pizza toppings are peanuts, pickled vegetables and french fries.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    i don't think I've ever really liked a "weird" pizza in that sense before... I've had pizza with weird ingredients but nothing I'd go out of my way to order, ya know?

Actually, what about removing ingredients? lol. Does pizza without the tomato sauce still count as pizza cause that's something I'd eat.

Years
  • i don't think I've ever really liked a "weird" pizza in that sense before... I've had pizza with weird ingredients but nothing I'd go out of my way to order, ya know?

Actually, what about removing ingredients? lol. Does pizza without the tomato sauce still count as pizza cause that's something I'd eat.

There is a pizza without tomato sauce called white pizza and it's pretty good in my own opinion.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    the british way

maxresdefault.jpg

Years
  • some personal favourites:

Curried Banana & Ham goodness

Pickle, Ranch, Bacon and Dill <3

Some honourable mentions include:
    Bolognese pizza (using the meat + sauce part of bolognese as the base w/ cheese on top)
    Fruit pizzas (strawberries and such on an apple sauce base is just way too good, even if it takes forever before you can eat it because the fruit sugars essentially turn into lava!)
    Tuna (I'm not sure I'd personally say it's super weird but a lot of people I know seem to think so!)

Years
  • some personal favourites:

Curried Banana & Ham goodness

Pickle, Ranch, Bacon and Dill <3

Some honourable mentions include:
    Bolognese pizza (using the meat + sauce part of bolognese as the base w/ cheese on top)
    Fruit pizzas (strawberries and such on an apple sauce base is just way too good, even if it takes forever before you can eat it because the fruit sugars essentially turn into lava!)
    Tuna (I'm not sure I'd personally say it's super weird but a lot of people I know seem to think so!)

That pickle pizza looks incredible.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Well, I can at least confirm that tuna isn't on people's mind when they think of pizza toppings. I only got introduced to it by chance. It's been a favorite of mine for quite some time now.

Otherwise, I don't know any weird ones that I liked enough. There were some ok ones like chicken or that sausage one I had many years ago, I guess.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • ur all banned

Jokes aside: first of all, I can vouch for tuna on pizza being alright and quite common too, especially if paired with onion. I'm not sure why, it just works! I've personally had other fish on pizza too (smoked salmon usually) and it's definitely weirder as a taste, but surprisingly good~

Another weird topping I had in the past involved corn (maize?) since one pizzeria happened to have it as an option... and as weird as it sounds, it also worked for me! But only because I liked corn in the first place, I think. Most people don't seem to enjoy it by itself, let alone on pizza. And speaking of things most people seem to dislike... rocket salad. I often have it paired with small tomatoes or raw ham and that makes for a very nice topping that... for once seems to be perfectly fine in Italy :fufu:

Years
  • Ok so to follow up my previous post, it's not exactly paired with pickles, but I did try this out sometime ago and it wasn't half bad.

qbyWUAJ.png

Years
  • ur all banned

Jokes aside: first of all, I can vouch for tuna on pizza being alright and quite common too, especially if paired with onion. I'm not sure why, it just works! I've personally had other fish on pizza too (smoked salmon usually) and it's definitely weirder as a taste, but surprisingly good~

Another weird topping I had in the past involved corn (maize?) since one pizzeria happened to have it as an option... and as weird as it sounds, it also worked for me! But only because I liked corn in the first place, I think. Most people don't seem to enjoy it by itself, let alone on pizza. And speaking of things most people seem to dislike... rocket salad. I often have it paired with small tomatoes or raw ham and that makes for a very nice topping that... for once seems to be perfectly fine in Italy :fufu:

If a pizza (not a plain one) doesn't have sweetcorn then it's not worthy ;)

Rocket and spinach too!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Tuna pizza is not weird, it's delicious. Even if it seems it's just me and Erica considering it good and normal.

Can't you see I'm trying to repress those memories??

Nah, it is actually p good tho.

Back