• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you actually do?

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
  • Currently I'm just a ninth grader who struggles to deal with the turmoil any normal ninth grader has to deal with: assignments, students who are complete idiots, and school in general.

But what are my hobbies? Well, I enjoy creating stories (almost all which are composed of dialogue), drawing, and making (horrendous) videos. I'm also trying to work with artist's block.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Outside of my Pokemon quest and Naruto world, I am a pets' groomer assistant, and hoping to get a Class C groomer cert soon.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
  • I'm currently saving to head to the UK! I was studying at the University of Adelaide in Business Advanced Leadership & Marketing, but I've put that on hold till 2018 so I can fulfill my dream of playing cricket in the UK and possibly for my State/Country! I've trained with various representative teams so being 19 and having my body mature is really causing my performances to skyrocket and I'm playing better than I ever have! Only problem with saving is the fast food place I worked at closed down not long ago and I haven't been able to find anything since so that's pretty difficult!

Years
  • I've had a couple of jobs since college, none of which I really cared for and stayed at for very long. Right now I work at a community college doing several different things, but mostly I'm a test proctor which means that I sit around and watch people take all kinds of tests to make sure that no one cheats and nothing bad goes wrong. Everything else I do is normal office maintenance - record keeping, purchasing orders, and (often) taking over running the whole office when the person in charge leaves and someone new has to be brought in. I'm totally overqualified for all this work, but at least I can often work alone which is the only saving grace of this job. It also means that while I'm working (for instance, on hold on the phone) I can do other things like be on PC right now.

That aside, I use my free time to write and work on other little creative projects. Lately though my health hasn't been so good so most of the time I only really have the energy to go to work, come home, and crash. It's not a very good thing long-term and I would really like to afford to leave my job for a few months or so to get back to equilibrium.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I'm a journalist working at an economic newspaper, managing the weekend online operation at the Americas desk. It's just three days but I hope I can extend my hours in the near future to get as close to full time as possible. I do love my schedule though, I'd rather work a lot two days (and... for a bit on the third) and have four free ones than having a normal 5-day week. I'm sadly on a crap intern contract, which can be expected, but I got it extended once already (with a pay raise!) and my boss is absolutely impressed with my job so I hope I can land a proper, indefinite contract within two years.

Meanwhile, I need to work on my final project for my masters' degree in Economics, about all the myriad problems with Bitcoin. I have a year to do it, but I should be starting before I procrastinate too hard :x

Last edited:

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i'm a community college student currently trying to get my associates degree in history. i'm unemployed as my mental health is on shaky ground at the moment and i'd prefer to not be under stress from a job. i earn money from what little art commissions i receive, lol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    In school pursuing a bachelors in computer networking & IT. Gonna be an IT guy in a few years, hopefully. Might go into cyber security later but idk about all of that yet.

Sirfetch’d

Right now I am going to school and working part time. I'm working towards a degree in computer forensics! My part time job is mainly just something to earn some extra spending money while I finish school and to keep me occupied from being bored as all hell.

Bay

Years
  • I'm at the moment volunteering for a city government (mainly their fire department) some miles from my hometown. Mostly I help around with usual administrative stuff like picking up phone calls, organizing files, copy/fax, make books/folders, etc. I graduated college six years ago with a Bachelors in Business Administration hoping to get into finance, but then the economy went bad and yeah that didn't go well, bleh. Just now trying to find something that pays, haha.

I used to also help my dad with his small business, but that didn't go so well and he closed shop earlier this year (he's considering opening his shop in a different location probably, though).

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • In 2014, I completed my Bachelor's in Business Administration / Major in Accounting. I worked as an assistant and case manager in a tax firm, then this year moving to working as a staff accountant at a real estate property management firm. The company owns about 45 apartment complexes in Florida. It's really exciting and fulfilling for me because my father has worked for several apartment complexes for the last 25 years. He was a maintenance technician starting out and is now a service manager. I actually prepare the financials/books for an apartment complex he used to work at during the early 2000s. I work 8:30 to 5:30 and cook at night, so not much of my free time is available for anything else. I try to squeeze in time to study to begin my Master's degree but my true my expertise is in pokemon

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    just finished my GCSEs in high school and i'm currently on a 2 month vacation until i start sixth form in september. for my GCSEs i studied all the compulsory subjects ( english, maths, science, etc ) and four chosen subjects; history, music, drama and german language. i'll get my results for the 16 exams i sat for the last 3 months in august.

as i said, starting sixth form in september! i've chosen to study psychology, history, and english language & literature. instead of choosing a fourth option, i'll be volunteering in the english department in my school, tutoring lower years in reading & writing as well as volunteering as class assistant occasionally. additionally, i'm hoping to volunteer in the mental health unit of my school as part of my psychology course.

in regards to jobs; never had one. i'm starting part-time work for my brother-in-law sometime this summer and if it doesn't work out, i'll volunteer, hopefully, in a vegan & vegetarian restaurant that opened nearby lately. hopefully, in a few years i'll be studying either psychology or english language in university as my planned career courses differ between psychologist/therapist or english second language tutor.

as for what i'm doing right this second; i mostly spend my spare time studying in preparation for next years courses and relaxing w/ friends! : ^ ) so i guess i'm not 'doin g' much at the moment haha

Years
  • Right now, my job is tutoring students in calculus (so I can pay for food).
    But this fall semester, I will have an internship in an automotive facility.
    I'm hoping to graduate with a bachelor's in engineering (at some point in time).

I minor in French and want to learn Spanish and some Mandarin. I sing and journal and live an otherwise boring life.

I'm hoping to land a job as an engineer in a company with nice health benefits.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • Years ago, I finished High School starting a carreer in computer engineering. Since I didn't bother go to college due to me actually wanting to be a Game Designer, I decided to put my studies on hold for a while, until I get enough saved to pursue my dreams.

Currently, I'm working as a Billingual Interpreter; since I have a Mastery of both Spanish and English, I sought it and was offered a job in the Interpretation field. Best thing about this job; I do this at home, saving me from the hassles of morning traffic, gas and meal expenses, and most importantly; not having to work with people around me and using social media or playing games while working. And they pay me for it!! Best.Job.Ever.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I have my associates as a professional pilot and I'm currently working as a commercial flight instructor at a local general aviation airport. I spend most of the time flying with my students but I also teach ground classes as well. it's a really demanding job and it consumes most of my time but damn it it's so fun spending my day in the air teaching people how to fly. and it's magical to watch the students slowly grow as pilots and it honestly makes me excited to go to work every day. it aint easy and I gotta deal with a lot of paperwork and red tape but it sure is rewarding

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I'm currently still in high school and will be for a few more years! I'd love to be a clinical psychologist in the future though I'm definitely still open to examining other options. I love writing short stories so I might also look into publishing children books alongside a normal full-time job.

I'm also looking into getting a part-time job and doing some volunteering at the moment. think it'd be really good to start saving up money now and I absolutely love helping people. I don't really know where I'll volunteer but if it makes someone's life easier or better than I'm happy with whatever I get. I'm thinking volunteering to help the homeless would be what I want the most but I'm not even sure if I'm old enough to so we'll see!

Alongside that, I'm thinking of doing the Duke of Edinburgh program! I think it'd be cool to challenge myself and see what I can learn or do in the spare time I would have used just to watch anime or play a video game. I'm not really giving myself much free time though if I end up pursuing Duke of Ed, a part-time job and volunteering so I'll probably hold off on one of them until my schedule becomes more free.

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
    Years
  • I currently work in retail as a sales associate/sales lead at a Goodwill. I recently got my Bachelor's Degree in History and going to go to Graduate School to get my Master's in Local/Public History. ^_^

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I'm the manager of a Café which is part of a larger chain of Cafés. All the day-to-day management shizzle is all down to me; it can get stressful but it can also be massively rewarding so i'm pretty happy where I am.

Originally, I was taken on as just a simple Customer Service Advisor, but worked my way up to Team Leader and had just started the management training programme when the full-time Manager left, which lead to me being thrown straight in at the deep end. Initially, it was only on a temporary basis until they found a new permanent Manager, but after around four or five months of running the place, the Field Consultant for my area (basically, my manager), had a one-to-one meeting with me, where my management training was signed off completely and I was allowed to stay on as Manager.

POKEMON_MASTER_0

caffeine 1mg/mL, 240 mL po q4h prn fatigue
    Years
  • I graduated two years ago with a BS in chemistry and am currently working as a pharmacy assistant at a retail store. Upon graduation I realized that working in a lab for the rest of my life wasn't appealing; the practical applications of chemicals interested me more than research. This motivated me to look into becoming a pharmacist, which started with obtaining the aforementioned job as a pharmacy assistant. The first few months were rocky, but over time I found that I liked it. The job involves a high degree of accuracy - not unlike the accuracy required in a chemistry lab - and there's the added dimension of working with the public, which is both a blessing and curse, but mostly a blessing. Chemical research is interesting, but I find that helping patients in the context of pharmacy is much more fulfilling. So I got serious, started volunteering at a hospital pharmacy, and scraped together enough money to take the remaining prerequisite classes I needed for pharmacy school. In October of last year I was accepted into the doctor of pharmacy program at Washington State University. School starts next month, and I feel like for the first time in many years that I actually know what I want to do with my life.

Lucid

I'm a stay at home mom. I went to school for massage therapy, but I don't really like it so much and it's hard to find a steady job for here, so I doubt I'll pursue it when my kids are school aged. Idk

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I work for a firm that is responsible for helping out various charities in various ways - whether it be lobbying for funds, restructuring their finances, organising their events, corporate shit like networking, etc. They're typically underfunded or personnel-stretched organisations that don't have the leverage, time or manpower to secure the funding/public visibility/etc that the big charities like Salvation Army (eurgh) do. In short, they contact us and we give them some breathing room. It's always weird to explain it to people because it's very much a 'What is Chandler Bing's job?' kind of job. But the point is that we help people.

Back