• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's a Pokemon you love to hate?

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    Maybe it's got some silly design you think is ridiculous, or you have this experience with someone using it against you? For whatever reason it may be, do you have a Pokemon that makes you roll your eyes and go "Oh, that one" when it shows up?

Mine's probably Probopass. I think it just being this giant nose is so dumb that it's funny, and it makes me surprised to see anyone use it. It gets grouped in with all the new Sinnoh evolutions, and there's really cool Pokemon like Gliscor and Electivire and Rhyperior and... then there's Probopass.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jun 4, 2021
    When it comes to Pokemon I hate the one that comes out immediately is Inteleon it just feels to human and slimy for my taste.

Years
    since this is a broad topic having to do with pokemon in general and not the games in particular, i'm going to move this to pokemon general. c:

that said, i've said this in many posts but i am not a fan of drowzee/hypno. the whole "eating people's dreams" thing is too creepy for me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I don't like Cinderace.

I picked Scorbunny because it was cute. Raboot was okay too...then I saw Cinderace and thought "this is not what i signed up for".

I don't hate any Pokémon but...

What's a Pokemon you love to hate?

This thing is just so derpy and by far the worst of the three evolved elemental monkeys. lol..

Years
    The three elemental monkeys (because they creep me out), Ralts (I get this pokemon EVERY SINGLE TIME on wonder trade/surprise trade and in almost every pack of cards I open, Machop (I keep getting these on wonder trade/surprise trade too), Volbeat and Illumise (I've never been fond of these two)

Years
    Krabby and Granbull. i can never view them as being not ugly lmao. been this way since the beginning and i don't see it changing anytime soon.

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
    Corviknight. Mostly because for some reason it's a route 1 bird that's much stronger than Talonflame when Gale Wings was broken. Staraptor is the only route 1 bird done right imo. Maybe Swellow.

But also, I love edgelords. The darker and more 14-year-old-OCish a character looks, the more I tend to love them. But Corviknight somehow goes waaaaay beyond being edgy, I don't even know anymore. It's honestly the only mon that makes me physically cringe, ever.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    I like to bash on Pokémon that were poorly designed from a gameplay perspective. Things like Fearow and Seaking for being so horribly unremarkable, Electivire for being everything that could go wrong with an evolution, you know, those kinds of Pokémon.

oh yeah add coalossal to that list too

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    since this is a broad topic having to do with pokemon in general and not the games in particular, i'm going to move this to pokemon general. c:
    Wasn't looking where I was posting, thanks!

Posting this cause I feel like I forgot to add Cryogonal to this list. It's never been appealing to me, and why does it have a 1% encounter rate normally, bumped up to only 5% in Winter?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Cryogonal is like the snowflake from hell. xDD

For me its ones like Dunsparce, Stantler, Smeargle, Kecleon, Chatot and Komala. I honestly see no real point in them in any way.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I don't care much for Huntail and Gorebyss tbh. :x Solrock and Lunatone are pretty meh too.

Years
    I hate Granbull... it's described as being cute but I don't see anything remotely cute about it. It's ugly. And I don't understand why it's a Fairy type now...

I also hate Shuckle because I hate stall and I associate stall with this forsaken mon. Why does a random Pokémon of little relevance have the highest defense stats in the game?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I don't care much for Huntail and Gorebyss tbh. :x Solrock and Lunatone are pretty meh too.

Aw I like these. :(

I do not like Tangela and Tangrowth. I find the ball of vines walking around with boots to be very unsettling. I also don't like Plusle and Minun. They're my least favorite Pika clones.

I agree with the Pansear and Simisear etc elemental monkey trio lines ugh they're so creepy.

pkmin3033

Poor Cryogonal...it's not like it's a fighting type or something, guys ;-;

Anyways, I'd say Vaporeon fits the bill for this for me, it's a disgusting mammal fish mutant with creepy black squid eyes. Nast.

Also those three genies from Gen V. Bloody palette swaps. The Therian formes are alright, but the base ones...ugh.

Last edited:
    Years
    Anyways, I'd say Vaporeon fits the bill for this for me, it's a disgusting mammal fish mutant with creepy black squid eyes. Nast.
    +1 on this take. Vaporeon is my least favorite Eeveelution of them all solely because it looks weird to me. i'd never evolve my Eevee into one lol. not a lot share our opinion though.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I don't hate any Pokemon, but Binacle has the honor of being my least favorite Pokemon of all time for being two angry hands inside a rock.

By no means is it uncreative, I'm just...
    Sir/madam/none, why are you so angry? :|
    I'll give credit where credit's due though: very creative idea for a Pokemon, a Barnacle. And I do have a shiny barbaracle for some reason, but I really do not like how this Pokemon is just... so angry. Definitely not something I'd want to take on my travels with me, ever.

Also, the internet kinda ruined the Drowzee line for me because of that Pokedex entry of it kidnapping children. There was creepypasta of it actually doing so, and a fan game centered around that one Pokedex entry. I can't say I really think highly of that Pokemon anymore, and I'm ashamed I have a shiny Drowzee in heartgold these days because of that sickening thought of Hypno putting children to sleep, and then kidnapping them. I now look at that story about Lostelle differently than I did when I was a kid playing LeafGreen. Just... ick. I definitely don't like Drowzee/Hypno anymore.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
    Definitely Zeraora. Gen 7 had a lot of gorgeous designs that I was at worst neutral towards all of them and then they end the dex with this thing. Doesn't help it's a threat in draft so I had to see its ugly, boring design.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Goddamn Alolan Persian. Just... fuck that thing with rusted rake. Literally out of EVERYTHING pokemon has done, this takes the cake as the very one creature I genuinely cannot take seriously. The oversized head, the terrible proportions, and the fact it's just a bland recolour without those terrible aspects. I respect people's opinions on liking every creature EXCEPT for Alolan asshole. It just makes me so enraged looking at it. I will never understand how anyone could like that... thing.

Why does Stonjourner exist? I will ask that question until the day I die. It has got to be the lamest, most pointless excuse for a creature I have ever seen. If I could erase it from the game, I most CERTAINLY will. It just befuddles me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Goddamn Alolan Persian. Just... fuck that thing with rusted rake. Literally out of EVERYTHING pokemon has done, this takes the cake as the very one creature I genuinely cannot take seriously. The oversized head, the terrible proportions, and the fact it's just a bland recolour without those terrible aspects. I respect people's opinions on liking every creature EXCEPT for Alolan asshole. It just makes me so enraged looking at it. I will never understand how anyone could like that... thing.

Why does Stonjourner exist? I will ask that question until the day I die. It has got to be the lamest, most pointless excuse for a creature I have ever seen. If I could erase it from the game, I most CERTAINLY will. It just befuddles me.

I agree that they basically took Persian and stretched it's face, then coated it grey.

In it's defense, Alola Persian was fun to play around with. It had 115 speed (like the regular variant of Persian) So it could jump in and out as a pivot with parting shot. It also had Nasty Plot, so provided it didn't faint immediately, it made an effective sweeper.

Back