• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When I'm Sad, What Helps Me Is...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    What helps you to get out of a bad mood? Walking in town helps me a lot when I can't talk to my friends.

Last edited:

Lucid

Sometimes you just gotta cry it out. But when I get upset I need to clear my head and be alone and to treat myself to something I enjoy. Watching a favorite show, eating or drinking something I like, but something I want, maybe texting a friend and talking about something unrelated, just kinda unwinding and doing things I enjoy cheers me up and helps me decompress.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    -Shirokuma Cafe (not always available to watch, but it never fails to cheer me up)
    -getting my mind off of it (effective short term, but detrimental long term)
    -crying it out
    -having someone else help me

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    Sometimes, when I'm sad or angry, I listen to heavy metal or rock ballads because of the harsh lyrics that I can relate to. Or, I just play video games!

Years
    The stereotypical "put on music", or go work out or go for a run, and then unwind with a hot shower, favorite dinner spot, and a movie usually. It's basically my de-stressing routine.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
    Whenever I'm in a bad mood, I get away from what is making me mad and either do one of the following; play a game, listen to some music preferably something upbeat and nothing about death or depressing and is not the reason why I'm in the bad mood, watch something that I find funny either a movie or a YT vid, or talk to someone who is a good friend as long as they are not the reason why I'm in a bad mood.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I talk to some friends until I feel better, sometims online friends c: Wherever I go, even when there aren't people around me, I seem to always be talking to somebody on Messenger or texts or Skype - that's probably key in keeping my mood up most of the time!

Taking a hot bath with lit candles and good music is also a sure mood booster. Or eating dark chocolate, hnnng. Or playing CAH or Munchkin! Or drinking really good beer. Or burying my head in my cat's bellyfur and going ffrrrrbrrbbrbllbrllbrlrbl. Or singing, singing often helps.

also listening to a recording of a certain friend falling asleep in a skype call is the emergency medication, it is the best thing ever

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Blasting some of my favourite music, treating myself to a food or drink I really like, talking to a friend whether it be hanging out or just talking to them about what's making me angry or upset, taking a walk around the neighbourhood by myself, playing a game I enjoy and reading something interesting can really help when I'm not feeling great. Watching good comedy shows are also a really good way for me to feel a lot better. :]

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
    Play fps, use a sniper rifle and kill everyone in sight.
    Find my motorbike and rev the engine till the red degree.

life is fun.

Years
    Usually just cry and then browse the internet, youtube and stuff, I end up pretty quickly forgetting why I was even upset in the first place.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I sit by myself with a Card book and read a few pages. That gets my mind off what's making me upset long enough that I can calm down and look back on the situation with a clearer head.

If I need to sort out my feelings more, I write out a few scenes of characters going through something akin to my situation. It gives me a safe way to explore what's going on in my head.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I listen to my favorite songs on my iPod touch.

Years
    LOUD MUSIC
    and yes, the emphasis was needed because if I can't think because my ears are getting flooded with loud music, then I can't be sad as easily. :')

Let's see, what else...crying a bunch, maybe on really bad/extended periods of feeling bad just going out for a walk can help a lot...

Ranting to people sometimes helps, but then the problem of feeling like I'm just bothering others might arise and will just make me continue to feel bad, so it's iffy on how well that might actually help me.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I normally listen to music and get lost in a project for a while. It helps to concentrate on something else, and I get to make progress on whatever I'm working on. If that fails, then a good night's rest usually does the trick for me.

Bay

Years
    Like many others here, usually I would listen to music if I feel down (lately Hamilton album and game soundtracks are my pick me ups recently, haha). For some reason checking out Let's Plays on Youtube also calms me down, perhaps because my mind is distracted checking the gameplay and hearing the commentary.

Ranting to people sometimes helps, but then the problem of feeling like I'm just bothering others might arise and will just make me continue to feel bad, so it's iffy on how well that might actually help me.

Same feelings here. There are times where I would rant something to someone, but a lot of times I would think I'm probably bothering them, so I usually try to distract myself first, heh.

Back