• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Will this be your first time experiencing Sinnoh?

Years
  • I've seen bunches of people comment online lately that they've never played the Sinnoh games and are excited to try them out for the first time through BDSP. Of course, many others have also experienced the originals, so this won't be the first time they step foot in the region.

Will this be your first time playing a Sinnoh game, or have you played before?

pkmin3033

I was in College when DPPt were released and it reignited my dwindling interest in the franchise, so this obviously won't be my first time, haha. However I have only played Diamond once, so I'm expecting it'll feel like a new experience in some respects.

Years
  • I was in high school when DP came out! Needless to say I was extremely impatient waiting for the English release (back then we had a 6-month wait for the games to be localized) so I did chores around the house so mom would let me order a Japanese copy lol. Got English Pearl months later. Looking forward to reliving the Sinnoh experience again, if it won't be entirely fresh.

Years
  • the total opposite to a Sinnoh newbie here. i'm sure everyone already knows at this point that these games were my first introduction into the franchise (i was in 4th/5th grade when i first got my hands on the original Sinnoh games) and i know the ins and out of the region like it's no one's business.

i do hope for those who will be experiencing it for the first time (especially those who'll have this as their first ever Pokemon game!), that they'll have just as good an experience as i did <3 if there's any reason i want these games to succeed, it'll be for that; the new generation of fans that it'll eventually foster.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I joined PC during generation 4 for trading!
    So yup, DPPt isn't stranger to me, and definitely my most favourite region so far.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I also joined PC for gen 4 trading so I'm very familiar with the games. I have about 700 hours on Pearl and 300 on Platinum. I restarted Diamond several times to play through the story.

I was in high school at the time so my parents would drop me off at Target etc each time I wanted to buy a new game..

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • That's actually really surprising to hear, maybe it's just cause I'm a Platinum girl myself but I often hear people just say that Sinnoh was either where they started, or they started in Unova and went back. I know the region like the back of my hand but I'd love to see some new stuff to keep me on my toes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    This will be the only Gen I didn't play as I was more into wrestling at the time than Pokemon...lol. The funny thing is my favorite starter Piplup of all comes from the generation I never played. I'm looking forward to playing this Gen when it gets released.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I was in high school when DPPt came out and that was the first game (Pearl) I played that ushered in my return to Pokémon as a whole. Was also my first Pokémon game to break 1000 hours of play! I wasn't a part of PC and wouldn't join until much, much later.. but the gen does hold a special place in my heart despite not being my favorite of the series.

HitmonSal

Mon top!
    Years
  • I too was in high school when DP came out but unfortuantly I didn't didn't get the game until I could afford to get it myself because my dad said I was "too old" truth of the matter I didn't enjoy gen 4 on my first play through I thought it was too slow but it's only in the last year or two I went back to it and truly fell in love with it. So I'm super hyped for the remakes!

And yes jokes on my dad, I bought every game since and I'm never too old. XD

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I was in 8th grade when Diamond and Pearl came out. I didn't play it right away cause I didn't have a DS when it came out. I got a DS almost a year later and got Diamond ASAP but ended up losing it when on vacation right as I was able to battle the league. So I feel this time around I'll be able to enjoy Sinnoh all the way through.

Years
    • Seen today
    This definitely won't be my first time experiencing Sinnoh, as I've played Diamond and Platinum before. Aside from that, I've played some ROM hacks, namely Flawless Platinum, Renegade Platinum, and an obscure one named Obsidian.

Years
    • Seen today
    I was in 1st grade during the release of Diamond/Pearl, but I didn't play a Sinnoh game until much later. It's not my most familiar region. Back then whenever I wanted to play a Pokemon game I stuck with the Gameboy titles, because they were easy to emulate.

I still haven't played the original diamond/pearl, only platinum.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I was in high school when the games came out and I was out of the loop back then. I picked up Diamond and never got around to finish it mainly because I felt the storyline was dragging for me at the time.

I do plan to pick up Brilliant Diamond when it comes out, though! I'd like to give it a second chance.

Years
  • Nope.
    I've played DPPT many times over the years since it came out in 2007. Looking forward to play the remakes so badly.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • On the contrary, this will actually be the first time there's a remake where I've already played the original! Hits different...

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Not in the slightest. I've played the originals many, many times.

Back