• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you do X for Y?

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I'll go with the quantity. If the quality is not decreasing, I don't want to end a franchise. The quality does decrease, then make the best game and stop XD
    I don't want to be continuously disappointed.

Reasoning:
    Spoiler:

Would you stop enjoying human technology (computers, smartphones, planes, and so on) if it means global warming stops if everyone ones?
    I fear this is the only way.

Years
  • I see two unanswered questions so I'll just answer both.

Would you sacrifice your dream for your Best Friend's Dream????

I don't have any Dreams or aspirations, so sure.
    Then again, I don't have any friends either irl..... but if theoretically I had one, sure.

Would you stop enjoying human technology (computers, smartphones, planes, and so on) if it means global warming stops if everyone ones?
    I fear this is the only way.

I'm not sure I could entirely. But if everyone does I guess I'd try at the very least.

Would you give up your privacy for fame?

Years
  • Not a single chance. I'm not a fame sort of girl. Give me a cabin in the middle of nowhere, you can have the paparazzi.

Would you let someone else get blamed for your mistake, if it means them getting fired instead of you?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    No. Would feel incredibly guilty. Imagines being on the other side of that too.

Would you go blind for one year in exchange for perfect vision for the rest of your life?

Years
  • I'd probably die in that year if I did, while I'm still getting used to being blind, so no.

Would you punch someone you don't dislike for money?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    No. Rather starve to death

Would you eat 20 burritos then go on the fastest roller coaster in the world if it erased Delphox from existence and made Greninja the box art Mon for the next 5 Pokemon titles?

Years
  • No. if it was the other way around though.... perhaps. But still no 😜 I like burritos but eating that many would make me dislike them which ain't worth it.

Would you create a clean new power/fuel source if it gets used to further widen the gap between the rich and poor?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Debated this for a bit. Will say yes. Created several good clean power options already. Still accounts for far too little power generation. Saves lives (human and non-human) by addressing climate change causes sooner rather than waiting for current clean energy improvements. Outweighs wealth inequality issues.

Would you gamble everything you own for a 90% chance to win double what you bet?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Sure, 90% is still very high. And I don't care much for money, anyway...

Would you let a small group of people die if you could save a single individuum of which you know that they will save many people in the future?

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I would!

Would you stop using smartphones, if it meant you became excellent with your computer?

Years
  • I'm already far better with computers anyway, so I think I'd rather take that deal the opposite way round!

Would take a potion that made you immortal if your loved ones werent able to take it too?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    No. That would be sad

Would you play Superman 64 for a week straight if doing so got you a picture with your favorite artist, actor/actress, author, or athlete?

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    No way, I don't care about selfies XD
    And I still love myself enough to not play Superman 64.

Would you quit the hobby you love, to do the hobby you are the best at? (assuming they are different)

Years
  • I got no idea which of my hobbies I'm best at, nor do I think I love any of them less than other ones. So I'm just gonna nope on this.

Let's say 2 factions or countries are at war and you could potentially stop them. Would you risk your life for a chance at peace?

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Not really. One extra year of life is actually not really that good a thing, specially when you consider that you don't have any guarantee of the quality of life for that year - could very easily be riddled with dementia and bed bound for example.

I probably would give chocolate (and other sweets) up if say, I got diabetes, but doesn't really seem like a fair trade here, lol.

Would you accept a chance to move to your dream house / city with all expenses paid if it meant you could never visit your old house / city again?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Yes. Breaks away from familiarity, both good and bad. Probably benefits more from doing so.

Would you consume one serving of your least favorite food every day for half a year in exchange for instantly learning a language of your choice at an average native speaker's level?

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I think I would.
    One serving of my least favourite food is not much, and I almost don't listen to my taste anymore ^^"
    Now the question is: what language would I learn? Probably Mandarine Chinese, or Japanese, or Russian. Those languages that are useful but very hard to learn for a European.
    Or German, cause it's very hard to learn for anyone XD

Would would you quit your favourite hobby for the best job of your life?

Back