• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

exercising

Years
  • how active are you with exercising? what sorts of exercises do you do? do you go to a gym? for those of you who just sit on the computer all day.....do you at least try to do stretches from time to time?

Years
  • I used to go on nightly walks up until I moved two years ago into a... let's just say less safe neighbourhood. Kind of sad, because I really do miss that. I don't really exercise a whole lot these days because of a lack of an actual safe place to do so.

Thinking about just going to the local park and jogging around there, at the very least.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I walk an average of 5-6 miles per day, and three days a week I jog about 2.5-3 miles. I stretch before and after. Last semester, I did 100 push-ups/day for about 2 months and I want to start that up again, but it makes my back sore and I'm a little lazy lol.

Years
    • Seen today
    I did exercise for a while in high school.

Now I tell myself I'll start again, but never actually do.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used to go to the gym pretty regularly a few years ago then I hurt my back (not related to the gym) and after I recovered it was out of my routine and I just stopped going as regularly then eventually just cancelled my membership since I wasn't getting anything out of it. Where I live at the moment I have no excuse not to be going to a gym and I'm just plane lazy. I do like walking so I try to go on big walks regularly.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used to exercise for hours every day but now I'm generally too sickly for that. That being said, I am planning to start doing some work to start strengthening my body again in the not-too-distant future.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • Well, my dear sweet Korrina exercises a lot :D

I should let that inspire me to do the same.

I'm glad its almost spring at least though :3 Going out to walk my dog comes easily for me xD I love spending time with that animal. :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Most of my exercise comes from working ten hours a day five days a week lmao.

I would love to be able to go out and exercise more or go to a gym but after work I'm just exhausted and just want to lay down and sleep. And I don't live close to any gyms either so doing it on days off will take quite a bit of effort to get into habit and I'm really bad at that oop. Maybe one day.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    whenever im not completely swamped w/ schoolwork i usually try to go to the gym somewhat often. but i usually lose that motivation whenever i have a long stretch of school. but on spring/winter/summer break i am on the Grind

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • I used to exercise quite a bit when I was in high school, but then that changed when I got to college and other adult responsibilities. Lately though I've been taking walks in parks on occasion thanks Pokemon Go community days.

Years
  • I've just gotten back into exercising for an hour a day. The novelty of circulation! Being able to move without giving your body ten hour's notice! It's a real joy. One of life's best.

Cycling, jumping and jogging hurt the crap out of my knees, though, and put me out of commission for at least a month. Sit-ups should be renamed back-snaps, also.

Nowadays it's running whenever the terrain is merciful, and basically walking and lugging heavy stuff back and forth. I stretch every morning and every night, and I can nearly touch the ground with my palms. My ambition is to achieve Luke Skywalker arms from The Empire Strikes Back, but failing that, I saw a wimp on the street and he looked like a good Plan B.

Cid

Years

• how active are you with exercising? what sorts of exercises do you do? do you go to a gym? for those of you who just sit on the computer all day.....do you at least try to do stretches from time to time?

I used to be pretty active. I started going to the gym last January 2018 three times a week, but stopped mid-June after I got laid off from work. Then I got depressed. Thank goodness I picked it back up two months ago. I haven't gone back in a week though because of my recent trip and the subsequent infirmary visit, but I'll try to go tomorrow.

I do weight training and some cardio. Used to do stretching as well but I haven't been as consistent recently.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I've started to walk to work and I've been really enjoying it. It's motivating me to go to the gym too so I'm meeting with a personal trainer in the next couple of days hopefully. The gym just worries me because I'm a total newb and I'm scared of looking dumb doing the exercises. A personal trainer should give me all the info I need so that I feel confident and ready to get swole!

Years
  • I used to go on nightly walks up until I moved two years ago into a... let's just say less safe neighbourhood. Kind of sad, because I really do miss that. I don't really exercise a whole lot these days because of a lack of an actual safe place to do so.

Thinking about just going to the local park and jogging around there, at the very least.

I now walk 30 minutes to and from work.

It's annoying, but it's exercise, nonetheless. But not good to do in super hot/humid weather. x.x

Years
  • i try to go to the gym during my lunchbreak every day, and then on the weekends try to spend at least an hour there. admittedly, i haven't really been much this week, but i plan on starting back at it again tomorrow :D

Back