• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

dating apps/websites?

Years
  • I signed up on tinder as a joke one time and deleted it after an hour. like 5 people i know came to me the next day and said they saw me on it.

aside from that, not really

Years
  • I've used OK Cupid, POF, Tinder, MeetMe, Bumble. You name it, I've tried to find someone on it!
    Personally OKC is the best designed(at least it was last time I used it, I've opted to meet people irl).

Years
    • Seen today
    I think the idea behind them is nice, and I've had family members use them. I'll probably never use one myself since I don't experience romantic attraction. Also if I did I would still prefer just meeting someone right away in person.

Years
  • Not my thing. I much rather romance form over time through a friendship, rather than use a site where the end goal is the possibility of a relationship. Of course I won't discount that many nice relationships started off on these sites, but it just isn't for me. pc best dating site anyways

blue

gucci
    Years
  • went on a tinder date once and it was awkward as hell so yeah no thanks. i'd rather just pull in a club tbh lmao.

User Anon 1848

No but similarly to Sheep I've gotten cozy with members on other sites that weren't meant to function as dating sites lol. It'd be nice to meet someone from my own state for once instead of halfway across the world. It's bittersweet at best if you can't interact in person. I'll probably give Tinder a shot eventually.

Years
  • About 10 years ago I would have agreed with people saying it's 'not my thing' and that I'd never use them. Now I see it as just being a part of the world we live in. These days I think meeting someone from an app is seen as being just as normal as meeting someone from anywhere else and in fact I might go as far as to say in another 10 years time when you tell people how you met your significant other and there is a slight tone of surprise in the expression of the person you're telling it may very well be from the fact you didn't meet online/from an app rather than that you did.

trainer_nokachi

the trainer who wanders ~
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Dec 16, 2020
    I've used POF before, but never really got anywhere, I felt like it was just useless data on my phone at that point.

Also, I use Tinder, but the only thing I really use it for is advertising my IG in the bio. At first I wasn't sure why I even bothered considering that most women on the app only want one thing, but I figure its worth it if I'm able to get any nerdy or gamer girls to follow me.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • I've never used one and probably never will. I much prefer to encounter people organically, rather than a website or app designed with the express purpose of hooking up with someone.

Years
  • I've never had the balls to try any of them out lmaooo I got my gf the "old fashioned way" of interacting with her in person. It really helped ofc that we were in the same course in college.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I tried POF and it was just....weird. I also signed up on Eharmony but got tired of all the questions.

Years
  • In a way Facebook was for me because my girlfriend came into the restaurant I was working at about 5 1/2 years ago and I recognized her from school. So that night I messaged her on FB asking how her meal was, we started talking and have been living together for over five years.

ThatStuff!!

Back in the sixth grade, I got them bad grades I w
    Years
  • Used, quit cuz I was too fat. I don't know about girls, but fat dudes don't stand a chance on any of those unless you look like Rick Ross :pause:

Use them only if you have ya ish together.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I'm someone who's only really ever met people I've connected with online, though it's either been through friends or through social media. I've never been on any kind of dating site or app. I've never felt the need to and don't think I ever will, but I'll admit I have thought about what it could be like a couple times.

Back