• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

guerenteed....guarenteed? No, it's spelled guaranteed.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What words do you struggle to spell? I can't spell guaranteed without looking it up. I just brain farted for about five minutes. Definitely one of the most difficult words for me to remember how to spell.

Also maintenance. I literally can't remember how to spell it. I always see the red squiggles when I spell it out.

Honestly, one of the most difficult words are the ones that have a few too many vowels. I don't have dyslexia, but sometimes, my brain mixes up the order of words in my head. But these two words just trip me up more than others.

Years
  • me literally every time i try to spell a word the british way where i'd have to replace the "z" with an "s".

like, i'd want to say words like "realise" or "rationalise" (or any sort of "-ize/ise"), but i'm never sure whether the "s" is appropriate there or not. @__@

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Botches "maintenance" also. Misspells "cemetery", "license", "relevant", and "mischievous" often too.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I struggle with occasionally on occasion. Sometimes I try to spell it ocassion or occasionnally and it's like... Why are there so many of the same letter anyway? >.> I also occasionally will have issues with words that have tant/tent in it. Like consistent vs constant. 'Constant' I get right always, but sometimes my brain says, "ah yes, consistantly" or "intermittantly". I used to have problems with restaurant, but once I started pronouncing it differently in my head (rest-OUR-ant), it alleviated my misspelling. Since I write a lot, I rarely find words that trip me up anymore; and I'm always getting better at spelling so I'm sure that, someday, these words won't bother me.

I'm sure there are others, but I usually don't think about them until I happen to be writing and attempt to spell one out.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I came here to say occasion but looks like its been said! There are a lot of words I probably would fudge the spelling for without autocorrect. I almost always have to correct my spelling of conscientious, embarrassing, accommodate.. I'm very grateful for spell check. :D

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Ressource/Resource. Both legitimate spellings of the word, except: different languages.

Also apparently I like to write legitemate instead of legitimate? Necessary I always end up writing with two c, as well. And there's a lot more where that came from. <_<

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I guess it's the perfect occasion to say I often struggle with "across" as I'm never sure whether it has one or two cs.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't know how to spell coincidence. This thread is the first time I've done it without spell checker, which was sheer luck.

I was trying to spell it in another post and it came out coidenence.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I also have a lot of trouble with maintenance and maintain. I have a problem with French in general because 90% of letters in French aren't actually pronounced at all, making it a very annoying language to deal with it sometimes.

Not English, but the one case I just more or less gave up trying to spell correctly a long time ago in my native language are the 4 "porques", even though I do know the rules (and why those rules are there) by heart by now.

Por que -> why
    Por quê -> why, but at the end of a sentence
    Porque -> because
    Porquê -> reason

I just go with "porque" for all four of those because nobody cares and context is enough 99.999% of the time.

Back