Sheep

She/Her
Australia
Seen 48 Minutes Ago
Posted 48 Minutes Ago
36,866 posts
15.7 Years
I feel like I have random embarassing moments pop into my brain randomly at least once or twice every week. It's honestly tiring, but the brain does what it wants lol. In response I either cringe mentally or cringe physically by making a face. :')

What about you guys? Do you have these memories pop up often or not much?

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.

Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
5,673 posts
2.3 Years
I'd say it happens between 2 to 10 times per week ^^"
Not that I have many memories, but all these moments left a mark on me T_T

Sylveon @ 5,672
Offered fully-raised @ 5,672
VPP's 2022 Pride Celebration
Shiny: Yes
Zigzagoon @ 5,500
Hatch @ 5,515
Linoone @ Level 100: 5,675
Shiny: No
Rattata @ 5,325
Hatch @ 5,340
Raticate @ Level 100: 5,500
Natu @ 5,161
Hatch @ 5,176
Xatu @ Level 100: 5,321
Buneary @ 5,064
Offered Fully-Raised @ 5,064
2022 Easter Community Pair Challenge
Exeggcute @ 5,064
Offered Fully-Raised @ 5,064
2022 Easter Community Pair Challenge

Looking for beta-testers and proof-readers for my fangame!

Eleanor

Happy Birthday Avril! 🌼

Age 22
she/her
Italy
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
I can definitely relate, Janna! I have a decent amount of memories, even very vague ones, from embarrassing moments that come back at times - but both the moments themselves and the time they come up feels extremely random and instinctive. It hasn't happened just as often lately as it used to, and I'm lucky that it often happens when I'm alone, but everytime all I can really do - besides cringing, I guess - is ask myself "Why??" and try to move on.

And just so you know- there's a lot of events that might seem like nothing important, but that I end up beating myself over or making a big deal out of. Which probably explains this whole thing :'c

Paired with Ninetales and Vulpix 🌸 Moderator of Challenges, Roleplay Theatre and Roleplay Stage
Profile picture provided by Juno!

Megan

Hello! :3

She/Her
Online now
Posted 13 Hours Ago
12,833 posts
9.4 Years
It happens occasionally. But it doesn't happen too often. My life is probably way too repetitive and boring to let these things crop up regularly. It really just comes down to random events that make me remember old times where I did something that's just plain dumb. ^^"
Moderator of Previous Generations, Forum Games and VPP
Dream on!

ReKoil

Male
Netherlands
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
Occasionally. I can go weeks without it and then have a week where I remember a thing or two each day that I'd rather forget.
Pretty much a matter of whether or not my mind gets to wander in that direction or not =p

Trade Shop | My HA pokemon trade sheet. | My Shinies. | My VPP.
Alomomola @ Level 100: 18,483 |

pastelspectre

Memento Mori

Age 24
he/him
fairyland
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
2,145 posts
12.2 Years
Less often than I used to for sure. But it still happens sometimes. I am better about it though.

Aslan

she/her
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
3,067 posts
9.4 Years
Often! I have a fairly good memory for conversations or interactions with other people. Whilst this is nice, I tend to also always remember embarrassing moments so sometimes it'll pop into my head and I'll have to shut down the thought immediately. :D
paired with Austin

Sandalphon

SO WE LIE

She/her
Sleeping
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
All the time, contributes to my poor self esteem.

A human god that was manmade

🐾

Retek

He/Him
Finding the money left in Blackwater
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
1,099 posts
2.6 Years
I don't remember my embarrassing moments(I have soooooomany of them) until I'm reminded of them in some way or the other.

Then it just starts a chain reaction where one memory leads to another and then I'm like, "Why am I like this and why are people even friends with me??" 😂

CiCi

Obsession: Fallout Ghoul Men 😏

Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted May 15th, 2022
1,446 posts
3.2 Years
It depends. Ones a long time ago? I don't tend to think about those. And if I do, it's a very fleeting thought. But recent things? Like within a month or so? Sometimes I'll think about that. I'm also not easily embarrassed so that might have something to do with it.
Art Thread Obsession: T.D. Kennelly
🖤 We love and miss you, Briggs 🖤

Devalue

Any pronoun
Online now
Posted 48 Minutes Ago
6,021 posts
1.4 Years
Yes. Identifies no particular frequency. Believes not too often. Preoccupies itself with bad interactions more than embarrassing moments. Mixes those embarrassing moments with near-misses too.
Current Virtual Pokemon Pet: Poipole
Level 100 at 6017 posts
VPP Tag Team with Fairy: Togedemaru
Level 100 at 5824 posts

Game Journal Thread
Most Recent Entry: Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn

Fairy

she / they
in the flowers
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
16,482 posts
11.1 Years
Not terribly frequently, but when I do it’ll stick like an annoying thorn in my side.

girlfriend ♥ colours
boyfriend ♥ ivysaur
tokyodrift / icycatelf / megan / starlight
pair ♥ Fact Checking Gardevoir

Hyzenthlay

what will you leave behind?

Age 22
Rito Village
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
7,447 posts
9.6 Years
I feel like my past is made up of 80% cringe during social situations, so whenever it flashes in my mind, I visibly cringe and think something like "I'm such an embarrassment"! 😅 It happens a few times a week, mostly when lying in bed and reflecting.

My flashes of trauma are a bit more common and I have to physically wince and shake my head to get rid of them... which attracts weird looks from people, since they happen at random, even in the busy public!
Flowing through the seas of time
Memories that were left behind
Bring us closer to the end of this journey
Where we grew as friends

Firebolt

Age 24
Male
Land Down Under
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
828 posts
6.8 Years
Wait, you mean to say that most people can (occasionally) stop remembering embarrassing things?!

Basically, I think about everything I'm about to say three times over before I say it. There are too many moments where I've said the wrong thing at the wrong time or because I misunderstood the context. I think about my blunders quite often, but then I remind myself life would be so boring if I couldn't find the humour in mistaking someone is talking about their kid and not their dog and that someone just happened to be my boss.

colours

she/her
gracidea fields
Seen 52 Minutes Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
8,688 posts
17.2 Years
far more often than i'd like to

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann

Age 27
She/Her
a pond somewhere
Seen March 15th, 2022
Posted March 13th, 2022
324 posts
162 Days
Almost every night whilst I am in bed attempting to sleep.
Miguel is my flag bearer for the PokéCommunity Winter Olympics 2022!

PokéCommunity
Winter Olympian

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast

Age 20
He/him or they/them
Oregon
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
251 posts
3.7 Years
All day every day unless I'm deeply distracted by something. My brain never stops monologuing to itself, so it likes to ramble about people who have said nasty things to me. The current medication I use doesn't get rid of the thoughts, but it does make them hurt less. I can be constantly reminded of past events and I end up barely caring.

Name: Lucky
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Cosmega

Cosmega

He/Him/His
I live in a house
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
199 posts
307 Days
More than I’d like to!
In random times in a day, I could be minding my own business, then all of a sudden, my brain is like: “Do you remember that time that you did this embarrassing thing? Yea, let’s just keep thinking about it and the millions of possibilities of things you could’ve done to avoid it that you couldn’t think at the moment.”
Also i think of this more often when I go to sleep, sooo…