• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how has 2020 been going for you so far?

pkmin3033

Nothing has really happened this year yet. Work is still overwhelmingly stressful because of the backlog that built up last year from where the company that acquired us spent six months pissing about, my brother is still living at home and putting immense pressure on everyone, and I still don't have enough money for a mortgage. My physical health has flatlined at a lower level than it was before all this happened, and my mental health is...erratic. Today is also Brexit Day and now we have coronavirus cases here too, so that's a lovely way to end the month.

So...well, I've had worse starts to the year. But I've had much better, too. It's been a continuation of the crap I had to deal with in 2019, and I've gotten mostly used to dealing with it by now, so it's fine. Nothing noteworthy happening is better than another bloody mess I have to clean up or step around, and it's off to as good a start as I can probably expect with various things still being a factor. It's OK. Mhm.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • Eh so far it's the same as before. Just I'm not in college this time. instead I'm working. But hey at least I have consistent income this time around. I also might be moving in with my boyfriend sooner than expected if everything works out well.

Years
  • My year currently summed up in four pictures.

Attachments

• CDCD5D81-10A5-4100-9076-12CA3BCC818D.jpeg
      CDCD5D81-10A5-4100-9076-12CA3BCC818D.jpeg
      66.6 KB · Views: 11
    • 19AB5B94-7795-4ED3-9D49-795B8FCD6867.jpeg
      19AB5B94-7795-4ED3-9D49-795B8FCD6867.jpeg
      41.6 KB · Views: 8
    • 8F4ECA45-6D2A-4D41-9CA9-C29B62C2FEB6.jpeg
      8F4ECA45-6D2A-4D41-9CA9-C29B62C2FEB6.jpeg
      71.1 KB · Views: 10
    • F2FB14E0-DED1-4C86-ACCA-FA4F405538E8.jpeg
      F2FB14E0-DED1-4C86-ACCA-FA4F405538E8.jpeg
      63.9 KB · Views: 10

ChickenMom

a filthy casual.
    Years
  • Nanusmightyena, your post made me laugh! Although with joking aside, if it means things really aren't going well then I'm very sorry to hear. Seems to be a lot of mixed responses around here. I hope that those of you who are having a rough time lately will catch a break soon.

The start of the new year has been pretty average for me so far. But average is good. I will happily take average. This time last year I was in and out of doctor's offices due to a very long and stressful cancer scare, but everything is fine now. So yeah, things are good!

Years
  • Nanusmightyena, your post made me laugh! Although with joking aside, if it means things really aren't going well then I'm very sorry to hear. Seems to be a lot of mixed responses around here. I hope that those of you who are having a rough time lately will catch a break soon.

The start of the new year has been pretty average for me so far. But average is good. I will happily take average. This time last year I was in and out of doctor's offices due to a very long and stressful cancer scare, but everything is fine now. So yeah, things are good!

I appreciate it. I've been having a bad day for the last 24 years lol. But hopefully it'll get better.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    January is such a non-month for measuring progress, as it's still part of the Long 2019 in where we're cleaning up November and December's mess. It's kinda useless!
    That being said, my 2020 started off with reclaiming my job from last year and a subtle promotion with it - while most of my time will be about editing and guiding as before, I also got offered a spot within the wider university organisation that owns the publication I work for, where I'll have a greater hand in deciding what companies/organisations said uni org accepts advertising from and/or what we align with.
    There's been a lot of Exploitive Decisions against students that I hope to minimise while I work there, as I'll be leaving regardless once I transition into my teaching degree next year, lol.

Last edited:
    Years
  • This marks my first year of my life that I am completely on my own and so far it has been very good. My main goal for the year is to ensure that things go smoothly for myself, and I do have family located where I live so that is that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    it's been wild, yet at the same time uneventful. hard to explain it. i'm in a weird place where i can feel my priorities shifting, growing up a bit maybe? but also i like where i'm at and don't really need things to change. so.

work is going half-well, private life is going fine. so i guess all in all it's a positive start to the year :)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Relatively good so far! Spent the start of the year coming back from the US and winding down from an entire month of travelling (9 flights in a month!) Hung out with friends, became closer with some but also fell out of contact with others in the process of transitioning to university.

Reached the end of my 3 month break and started uni recently which has been an exciting life change! Still in the super nervous stage at the moment but have been working slowly on pushing myself out of my comfort zone this year both socially and opportunity-wise. Obviously hasn't always been smooth sailing but that's part of the learning. Keen to see what the year holds. :)

I.L.A.V

Super Average Guy
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2020
    Not very good, I'm having trouble getting into College but I at least got a small job to help for now.

Years
  • last month was ass and so was the first half of this month.

hopefully things from this point forward still start to get better. slowly but surely, maybe?

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    My sleep schedule is a mess and I've been behind on my online classes. I got a wonderful new cat though, so it balances out.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Kill it with fire. I'm anxious because of the virus and my allergies giving mild symptoms that could be related doesn't help. Plus I'm reduced to working from home and missing human contact and I can't go to the pool to help my scoliosis. Plus, I haven't been able to talk to one of my best friends since it started. It's just being awful.

Years
  • Well the year is screwed up already and we just started 2020. A bunch of events got delayed both in my personal life and around the world.

Whoever said they miss 2019, i'm with you.

Back