• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

obey me

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Would you say you are a leader? Maybe just by the nature of your personality, or by a given role/job? Is it any different offline and online for you?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'm anything but a good leader. I think way too much and have massive problems of even doing some of the most basic things at times. <_<

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm a leader by nature. It's been in my blood and it comes to me naturally. Both my parents were leaders at their current jobs, and because of them, I succeeded at becoming one in several organizations and jobs (including being PC mod back in the day!).

I do have a goal of becoming a leader in my career in 5-10 years time. People in my life have vouched for that and I'm flattered.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Avoids leadership roles. Lacks confidence, for one. Is often unwilling to make tough, but necessary decisions too.

May step up in certain circumstances. Requires a concrete plan in mind, a group without direction, and some degree of being comfortable in the current space, usually.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I've never really considered myself the leader type. "Advisor" is probably closer to what I am, if anything, I guess.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Aw, man. I thought this was about the demon app game.

Online. I don't really lead, or try to be one. I avoid that sort of responsibility or behaviour.
    Irl... I do the same. I try to avoid it, but in the end, I somehow get duped into being a leader, if it's in a group.

Years
  • No, I need others to delegate tasks to me, my confidence is non existent.

That said, I can if it's really needed.

irl is the same, but I'm notably more withdrawn.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Never been comfortable being a leader - am way too reserved for it and lack the confidence to do it. I think with confidence and practice it could be possible but at the moment, I dislike leading. :(

Years
    • Seen today
    In our highschool they did an "experiment" and put us in groups with random kids we didn't know. They gave us ridiculous tasks to find out which kids in the group would take charge and lead through the tasks and which would follow.

I remember wishing I had just stayed home that day. Most of likely already knew where we fell without this experiment. I don't even like being in groups of people I don't know, so there was no way I was leading a group of strangers. When I'm in a group I'm more comfortable with, I usually don't have a problem leading. When it's friends, I straight up have trouble taking things seriously.

Years
  • In our highschool they did an "experiment" and put us in groups with random kids we didn't know. They gave us ridiculous tasks to find out which kids in the group would take charge and lead through the tasks and which would follow.

I remember wishing I had just stayed home that day. Most of likely already knew where we fell without this experiment. I don't even like being in groups of people I don't know, so there was no way I was leading a group of strangers. When I'm in a group I'm more comfortable with, I usually don't have a problem leading. When it's friends, I straight up have trouble taking things seriously.

I feel like the results of this could have been determined with a survey.

Years
  • Not a leader, usually, but my ever since high school my bosses really take to me and try to push me to do leadership things. Maybe I'm just too anxious and don't give myself enough credit. Still, even if I actually can be good at it, I prefer not doing it lol.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    I am definitely developing my leadership skills. A lot of my current job has a lot to do with project management and delegating tasks to others while ensuring that these tasks provide development opportunities for them. I'm better at some projects than others, though.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Online? Yes. I work well with a team and I work well solo. It's incredibly easy for me take charge of a situation, organize it, and get results. Especially when it comes to interpersonal relationships and tasks that need completion.

Offline? I'm more of a support role. I'd rather be the one who has all the tools in her pocket to help rather than doing the actual job, you know? I'll read the walkthrough while you play the game, haha.

Years
  • I would have preferred this, but instead they made our participation in the experiment could towards one of our class grades.

That seems pretty unfair, each student has a different comfort & skill level depending on the task but I'm assuming participating got you the grade automatically? Otherwise how would grade that "oh you're not a leader, F"

Back