• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I don't know why but this year I don't seem to be into speculatius at all. Maybe I've eaten way to much of it over the years?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    It's hard to enjoy the holidays when I can't come and go as I please because I can't drive and have to rely on others to drive me.

Years
    This autumn seems to be a time for appliances to break down in my household all at once.

In August the oven went out in my home. It was an old, crappy piece of junk that looks like it was made in the 1970s. I live in an old house, and it came with the place, and I had to make due with that stove until it died. I always hated it, so I am not sorry to see that eyesore go, it was also enormous and took up too much space in the kitchen, so I took it as an opportunity to shop for a new oven.

But then in September I had some car trouble. At first I thought it was just a flat tire, but it was a more serious issue actually where the brakes were beginning to malfunction, and they were grinding against the tires, which punctured one of them. While nobody is happy to have car trouble, I am relieved that my Honda showed some sign that something was not right when it did in a tire driving a little wonky, because otherwise not having working brakes could have been a life-threatening issue.

Because I had to pay for some car repairs last month right after the oven broke down, I didn't end up buying that brand new oven like I had hoped. One issue was a more dire emergency than the other. I am managing by cooking on the grill I have got, using my microwave and I also bought a broiler oven to bake with. Spending a couple of hundred dollars for a mini oven is a temporary fix until I can come up with a couple of thousand for normal oven.

Now that October has rolled around something else has fallen down on my head. The refrigerator started acting funny, the fridge isn't cool, the inside is like room temperature. It's a double door refrigerator with a freezer, and the freezer part is cold and frosty like it should be, but it's supposed to have an ice maker, and for some reason the ice maker stopped making ice.

I briefly put the food and beverages from my refrigerator in the freezer to keep it from spoiling since that part is at least cold, while i tried to troubleshoot what was going on, but then more problems occured right after that. I tried to get water from the dispenser on the refrigerator today, and the water wouldn't stop pouring out, it was like the lever got jammed or something, and I couldn't turn it off. I could change the settings though from water to ice, and since there was no ice being made, putting it on ice mode stopped the water from coming out, and now nothing is coming out, which is better than standing in pools of water.

After mopping up the floors it's time to call a repairman to service the refrigerator. I'm dreading to see what will fall apart in November because it seems like every month it's something new. My guess will be the roof.

I just feel like I'm a walking episode of I Love Lucy right now.

a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
    I'm really hoping the rest of the year is peaceful for you! Our deep freeze went out and the smell made me retch. I'm so sorry.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I'm getting used to going back to the office, it's really annoying to lose about an hour per day commuting once again... and I can't listen to music or watch youtube videos during my off-peak times as I did before :(

Years
    Hola peeps. Have a bump from me. How are you all? 😊

why'd you knock me off my chair? D=
    Rude! 😤

Been busy. Which is not likely to subside anytime soon.
    End of the year is always busy for me, but normally it starts later 😅

Hope everyone's OK!

I've been battling with a bad infection so sorry I've not been around 😅

Good luck, hope you get rid of it soon =3

Back