• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious do you consider yourself a healthy person?

Years
  • this is intentionally an open-ended question. do you consider yourself healthy, and what are you doing to better yourself in terms of health, both physically and mentally?

Years
    • Seen today
    Physically I bike and swim fairly often. My favorite food is also oatmeal, it could be worse. I did get carried away with binge eating and used my metabolism as an excuse, and this led to me having stomach issues.

Mentally I think I do okay too. I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, it's the only thing I currently take medication for. It got way easier once I accepted help.

pkmin3033

Pfft, not in the slightest. I have so many physical health issues sometimes I wish I would just die and get it over with...and that probably speaks volumes about my mental state sometimes.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Nope! not even physically. I'm pretty weak and I haven't really exercised or had a remotely consistent diet in ages. Mentally.... screams.

Years
  • That is a pretty loaded question! Physically, yes, very healthy. I got fairly out of shape during CoVid.. I went from about 185 and muscular to about 210-215 and... not as muscular. It was the largest I had ever been and really strange, through high-school I wrestled at 109 so I was used to either been lean or muscular. Mid May I started working again and, since I was active again, decided to get back into the gym. I am back down to 185 territory, I might actually be a little under, and my peak high weight was only in April near 215.

Mentally, however, not so much. I have had issues forever because I grew up in a very abusive household but I have been working through it with therapy and I am heading in the right direction! Got diagnosed with PTSD a couple of months ago and that had been a lot to deal with but also a blessing as it helps to know what is happening and why. It has been great for my relationship with my partner as well and our relationship has been getting happy again since I started therapy.

Years
  • I'm loaded right up with both physical and mental health issues. I'm doing my best though. I'm far from being at a place where I'm "good" or "healthy," but I'm at least at a place where I'm managing things okay enough to not be miserable every waking moment. Baby steps!

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    TLDR: I used to be unhealthy, now I'm mentally and physically healthy. But I still don't know what my abs look like lol.

Spoiler:

Now, for those of you who want to be healthier, let me help you save time. As I told you, most of the fitness industry is noise, and if you feel discouraged, maybe read this.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I could be worse but I wouldn't say I'm healthy. Don't get any exercise outside what little comes from my job, not really into fruits/vegetables, don't give much thought to nutrition, and I drink a lot. And mentally....well if you have any mental health issue at all, I'd imagine that you don't really qualify as mentally healthy.

Years
  • as far as physical health goes, i can definitely improve in this area. :c i don't really exercise often, mostly because work tires me out so much that i don't feel like going outside for walks or jogs. indoor exercise is a thing of course, but i lack the motivation to do so ><; consistent exercise is a difficult thing to keep up with. luckily, i'm not SO unhealthy that it's affecting my day-to-day life, but slowly but surely i'm making more of an effort, here.

mentally... i don't think it's a secret that i'm struggling a lot, here. full-time work and the area where i work being rather short-staffed is a big reason why i haven't made any appointments to my therapist, as it's kind of a pain in the ass to request days off. @_@ not only that, setting appointments with my psychiatrist is even more annoying and that in combination with everything else makes it very difficult to address my mental health issues adequately. tbh improvement here is very arduous and it's because of the lack of proper time and attention to dedicate to my mental health that i feel like it's more in decline than anything else. :s but i'm not really sure how to go about with this... ah well. i'll figure it out.

Last edited:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Physically, I can go on long walks as well as jump on my trampoline for a good hour and I'd say I'm in decent shape and I eat well but I also have a jaw issue which does prevent me from being completely healthy.

Mentally, I'd say it's neutral, some days it's bad, others it's good and I do suspect it's linked to my chronic pain tho.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Physically: Not particularly. Suffers from incurable, chronic health issues. Avoided anything severely debilitating (so far), however. Reverberates into diet. Improved on that front, on the plus side. Weighs the closest to a healthy amount in about a decade.

Walks around periodically for health. Tosses in a few push-ups every other day. Exercises very infrequently outside that.

Clocks good amounts of sleep. Functions poorly without it. Colors the entire day. Experiences poor sleep occasionally due to the aforementioned health issues, unfortunately.

Mentally: ...Yes (or at least, decent)? Could see others arguing otherwise. Disagrees.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Sep 7, 2021
    physically i am pretty healthy. strong muscular and bone structure, very hardworking immune system, no chronic issues other than having a bad knee i injured a few months ago. only real issue is i need exercise outside of work and the most i do is go for walks. attempts to get involved with the gym again haven't been going well due to not kicking myself into high gear.

mental health is a constant coin toss. sometimes i want everything to be over, sometimes i'm very grateful. anyone who knows me has noted that i deal with a lot of problems in this department but that i'm really good at keeping it to myself. has to get really bad for me to spill out my emotions and that's stressful in itself, because by that point i'm already falling to pieces.

Years
  • My immune system is good, but I have pre existing conditions.
    Plus I need to eat better, so in short, not really.

AlexMills

pokemaster
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2021
    I only eat garbage but I work out a lot so I guess they cancel each other out?

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Aside from being overweight, I'd say I'm pretty physically healthy. I very rarely have any health issues and, despite going out to walk the dogs quite a lot, I don't get sick very often. Last time I was actually sick was 3 years ago with a very mild case of the flu/decent case of a common cold. My husband got it less bad than I did, then gave it to me where I got it worse (figures, but he's also a lot healthier than I am). I eat a lot of great food with very little junk in between.

Being vegan helps me get in a LOT of vegetables and fruit. I've started eating green smoothies as well recently to hopefully help with losing baby weight and making it through my postpartum period, which will be coming any day now. My pregnancy has been very healthy with no issues to speak of. I haven't even gotten varicose veins and have very rarely ever swelled (the few times I have, it's been miniscule swelling in my feet) and I've got a max of a month to go - currently 37 weeks along!

I'm very thankful that I'm physically healthy and I can't wait to get back to a healthy weight and BMI.

Now my mental health? Oof. That's bad. Panic disorder, anxiety, and pretty nasty clinical depression that's led to suicidal thoughts several times. I've had plenty of doctors tell me that I need therapy but I'm really, really bad at opening up to people and caring enough to do so. The thought of going to therapy, just like the thought of going to any health professional, stresses me out. I just want to be left alone.

My mental health this 2021 wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't had those two very close family deaths within 2 months. I'm still working through that but I'm doing better. RIP Grandma and Briggs. I hope you can watch my baby grow up from heaven. 🖤🖤

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I did a lot of hiking and running up until my surgery this year. It took a while to train but I was running 10km every 2-3 days and hiking on the weekends by the end of it and I felt healthy physically. I lost a lot of what I built up after the surgery and its been hard since then to find the discipline to build it back up. I want to build back up to that point though and am thinking of signing up for a race of some type. I've had physical health issues over the years but regular medication and surgery have done a lot to make them manageable. I still get symptoms but I'm able to push them back into the background and not notice them as much as I used to. I do get negative about my health sometimes but overall I'm grateful I'm doing better.

I think mental illness is always a continuous process of up and down recovery so I would say it's still a challenge a lot of the time but I do my best to remain realistic yet positive about the situation. There's a lot I could improve on but I'm proud of myself for getting to where I am in life despite it all. I'm doing a lot better in terms of listening to myself when I know I'm going through it and taking more care of myself so I would call that a win. So getting more mentally healthy slowly but it's a process \o/

Years
  • I'd say upper average/lower yes. I don't eat junk food often (and never drink the more awful things like soda), go outside to keep my body moving often enough, and am decently mentally healthy atm. But what puts me back from being a full-on yes:

1) I don't eat tons of junk food or many foods bad for you (and am conscious of things like dangerous, heart issue-causing trans fats), but I still don't only eat fully 'healthy' stuff either
    2) I don't do intense workouts, only brisk walks (which last 1-2 hours)
    3) I still have anxiety and my mental health probably won't ever be perfect.

But I try. It's close enough!

Bay

Years
  • Physically, kinda not good. I've gone to a few doctor visits and they tell me how my cholesterol is getting too high. I started getting back to exercise a few months ago with morning walks, push ups, and using my static bike. I've been also trying to eat and drink better by cutting down on sodium/salt and sugar.

Mentally, well I have my days where it pluments bad. Some days though I get a positive outlook and I'm trying to think in that mindset more.

Back