• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Eat Orange Peels?

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    You know right after you have eaten the internal flesh of the orange, have you considered or wondered how an orange peel tastes like? I'll admit it, I had been eating peels a lot (only in healthy conditions). That isn't weird, and I know I'm not the only one enjoy eating them. Moreover, I recently did some research and found out that the peel contain some needed nutrients for our own body, so in my opinion I think it's safe to eat.

Years
    I recall eating small piece of an orange peel by accident as a child and it was absolutely repulsive. Never again.

Last edited:
    Years
    i don't eat the peel, no. that's always kinda grossed me out.
    i do, however, utilize the peel (when called for in a recipe) with a zester to add to a dish! (tho, tbh, i've done it more often with lemon zest versus like orange zest)

pkmin3033

I didn't realise you COULD eat the peel...not sure why you would want to, either.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    ↑↑↑
    THIS. I saw the title and I was like
    WHAT.

For the answer, nope. It's never come into my mind and I don't think it'll taste very good imo.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Just make sure to wash it properly, beforehand!

Also: ever wondered why orange marmalade tastes so bitter? :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    Occasionally, and especially if the fruits were grown on my own plants. It's not about the chems used but rather about the species. Also there are many fruits that should be eaten as a whole. Kumquat for instance.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I did not realize this is a thing real people do. Well, besides garnishing for lemon/orange/etc zest in cooking.

..Do you eat the peels of other fruits too? Like Bananas?

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    I've definitely thought of it, and I've definitely tried it. Wasn't pleasant though.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I can't stand any fruit that's orange, so no, I wouldn't even think about eating a peel. The smell of anything orange is too strong for me to even be around, so.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    No, I lightly bite the outside of an orange to get the peel up so I can peel it off and I hate the flavor of it. I would never consider eating an orange peel unless I absolutely had to.

Back