• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you feel old?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Or do you feel young?

How do you feel about your own age, in general? Does your "mental age" fit with your body?

Do you think others typically guess your age correctly when they first see you? What about when they meet you online and don't see you?

age thread, i suppose

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm 30 but often feel like I'm 40

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Physically, pretty old? I haven't been particularly good at keeping my body in shape. Mental problems also kinda play into that and so do genes. <_<

Mentally, I'm very much a child, though. ^^"

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • No, actually. I still feel pretty young, and I guess my mind, does, too because I still have dreams I'm in highschool.

I don't feel 26, but I don't feel 16. Age is a number, and I feel young despite it all.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think I pretty much feel my age. I certainly feel like I'm a different species than teenagers sometimes, but my mind still regards people over 40 as "real adults". I don't feel bad about being in my 30s though. Sure, part of me wishes I had spent the upper half of my 20s more adventurously, but I can't change that now, all I can do is to go forward from where I am.

I still get mistaken IRL for being in my mid 20s sometimes, which I'll keep taking as a compliment :> but no one would see me and think I was a teenager anymore, even though I'm short. I guess maybe lines are starting to show??

Online, I actually have no idea what people typically guess I am. Mostly age might become noticeable when I realize we have different frame of references for things, but since I mostly interact internationally online that's kind of always the case regardless of age.

Years
  • I just found this site after not being on it for 12 years. Been so long. I used to lurk it for a long time, then made an account and rarely used it. But man this brings back memories!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    no, no, you're right. it really puts things into perspective.

Years
  • I feel young mentally, probably far too young in most people's opinion! I feel as though I still have so much ahead of me that I want to do.

Physically, I am a living fossil, but even then I feel about 3 times my actual age these last couple of years ;(

I just found this site after not being on it for 12 years. Been so long. I used to lurk it for a long time, then made an account and rarely used it. But man this brings back memories!

Welcome back!

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • I'm pretty young physically. Ish. People guess the correct age most of the time (early to mid 20s) so I'm doing something right with my body. As for mentally I feel a tad bit older? These responsibilities and life experiences really forced me to grow up and mature, seeing the world in a new light. Had I not been through this path in life I'd be certain I'd be more naive and… silly.

Physically young, yet older in mind. Or so I'd like to believe.

tigertron

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • To be honest, I don't feel old physically. I guess I still feel like a teen for the most part even though my teen years are far away in the past.

Years
    • Seen today
    Answer is a no.

Due to the way I write I've been mistaken for much older than my real age.

Years
  • Well, with how my feet and back feel after longer workdays, I definitely do feel old physically then.
    Mentally... I guess I feel more like my age.

Years
  • Yes, kinda. Physically a bit, like people always give me some years more.
    Mentally, a bit too. Kinda always been the "too mature and serious child" and kinda carried on that path. I guess I just have fun in different ways though. I have an inner child spirit too sometimes but it comes out very very rarely. But I can fit quite well with people of my age.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I actually don't feel old. I'm 27 now and sometimes time moves quickly overall I feel young. For me personally, I want to be happy whether I feel young or old. I am happy at the age I am at and happy for the time I have here. That being said I would like to be more healthy this year because I know when I get into my 30's, the decision I made in my 20's could play a factor.

Back