• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EMOTION 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Sleepy. Falls into inexplicable streaks of poor sleep sometimes. Abates soon, hopefully.

tireddd

Doctor put me on a low FODMAP diet because of IBS symptoms and it is literally soo miserable. Can't eat my pasta, bread, chocolate, some veggies I really like, and a bunch of other things. It didn't even seem that hard to do until I went through what I eat and realized just how much of it I can't have. uuuuughhh

Spoiler: Unsolicited Recommendation

Have you tried cocoa powder? Ought to qualify as low FODMAP. Demands a little sugar to sweeten, but likely within allowed limits. Uses 2-3 parts sugar to 1 part cocoa powder. (Adjust as you wish/need, of course.) Accomplishes plenty with small amounts, even a quarter of a teaspoon.

Requires some testing to find a good use for it. Basically used the point-and-click adventure tactic of combining it with everything. Works well with peppermint tea. Refused to dissolve in almond milk. Felt a bit strange in oatmeal. Improved protein powder. Failed as a tofu marinade. (Affected only the surface. Did not mesh with the tofu taste in the center.)

May not satisfy you like normal chocolate. Might calm the hankering for it, though.

Disclaimer: Was never on a strict low FODMAP diet. Diagnosed the issue as IBS. Might have been given a list of foods to avoid. Figured it out alone from there. Focused on FODMAPs relatively recently, admittedly.

Wishes you luck on finding tolerable substitutes (and with the underlying problem).

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    I was feeling really shaken up and depressed because I had the worst nightmare of my life a couple nights ago, and it's still affecting me.

However, though I am tired, I am now happy and excited - I had a wonderful online Thanksgiving date with my boyfriend, who celebrates it, and he surprised me with a gift-card to spend on the beauty products I've been wanting for ages, yet could not afford. :') He always makes my smile. 😊

Tired and done with everything.

I'm sorry to hear that bestie, hope things pick up soon! /hugs

Years
    I'm so relieved! My mom's breast abnormality is fat and not cancer!

tireddd

Doctor put me on a low FODMAP diet because of IBS symptoms and it is literally soo miserable. Can't eat my pasta, bread, chocolate, some veggies I really like, and a bunch of other things. It didn't even seem that hard to do until I went through what I eat and realized just how much of it I can't have. uuuuughhh

That's why I say fuck it and allow my intestines one hour of suffering a day.

Spoiler: Unsolicited Recommendation

Have you tried cocoa powder? Ought to qualify as low FODMAP. Demands a little sugar to sweeten, but likely within allowed limits. Uses 2-3 parts sugar to 1 part cocoa powder. (Adjust as you wish/need, of course.) Accomplishes plenty with small amounts, even a quarter of a teaspoon.

Requires some testing to find a good use for it. Basically used the point-and-click adventure tactic of combining it with everything. Works well with peppermint tea. Refused to dissolve in almond milk. Felt a bit strange in oatmeal. Improved protein powder. Failed as a tofu marinade. (Affected only the surface. Did not mesh with the tofu taste in the center.)

May not satisfy you like normal chocolate. Might calm the hankering for it, though.

Disclaimer: Was never on a strict low FODMAP diet. Diagnosed the issue as IBS. Might have been given a list of foods to avoid. Figured it out alone from there. Focused on FODMAPs relatively recently, admittedly.

Wishes you luck on finding tolerable substitutes (and with the underlying problem).

Thank you, I will see about trying this. <3 I appreciate any recommendations because I've never even heard of this diet until now and everything is so new to me.

My IBS symptoms are pretty mild, especially compared to people I see online complaining how difficult life is for them because of it. I'll only ever get a gurgly stomach and occasional stomach cramps/pain, rarely is it ever long or painful enough that it bothers me too much. Usually passes in a few minutes. I really want to just not do this diet and live life normally since I'm not massively affected by it but will try to tough it out for a bit.

Currently feeling relaxed. So nice to be home, it's soo hot out.

Retek

Banned
    Years
    I was feeling really shaken up and depressed because I had the worst nightmare of my life a couple nights ago, and it's still affecting me.

However, though I am tired, I am now happy and excited - I had a wonderful online Thanksgiving date with my boyfriend, who celebrates it, and he surprised me with a gift-card to spend on the beauty products I've been wanting for ages, yet could not afford. :') He always makes my smile. 😊

I'm sorry to hear that bestie, hope things pick up soon! /hugs

That's nice to hear bestie! Also thanks, I wish having guests was never a thing. I'm so drained. :'(

Years
    Happy to finally be done with the Unown grind in Solaceon... ugh.
    Got the whole alphabet now and I'm pretty sure I can't do the ? & ! yet.

Tired and done with everything.

disappointed

Hugs and best wishes to all of you =3
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back