• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How was your 2022?

Inky

:pleading_face:
Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    With another year gone, how was your experience of 2022?

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    So, I've heard from a lot of people that 2022 was a difficult year and honestly I can see why. If I look at general news it was bleak, with the war, the heat waves, the energy prices, coughtheitalianelectionscough, and covid still not being behind us. Sometimes it was hard not to let all of that big picture get to my head, even if there was objectively little I could have really done to fix things.

It was mostly the beginning of the year that was rough, I was ready for yet another 2020/2021 and I was too focused on university exams anyways, but things started looking up after that. I didn't give it much credit when it actually happened, but I think I got a lot of encouragement from my family deciding to still organize a family trip in May despite the... overall world situation. Definitely a welcome addition to 2022 since in June / July I was once again stressing for exams ^^;

Then magic happened (literally)... if you know me a bit better you'll already know everything about it, but basically I ended up in a place that I thought I could never reach this quick. I started caring about myself a little more, picking up a new hobby, and of course, actively working towards studying abroad! And my friendships also improved in quantity and quality, I guess. Thinking about it, this could have easily been a side effect of the lockdowns: personal growth happens anyways, it's just more limited and "bottled up" in a way, until it all rushes out at the right occasion.

If there's something that 2022 has taught me is that when something's got to happen, it happens, no matter whether or not all the odds are stacked against you ♥ hopefully this will come in useful for 2023, since it already looks like a stand-out year with a lot of things already on the calendar!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    long and stressful, but with bright sparks of light. the first half was mostly about hyping for and stressing about the wedding, but the big day was amazing and like a dream. around the same time though, something dreary happened due to my own idiocy, and it affected me badly for months while i worked through it. then there's been a lot of stress and anxiety for finishing the phd thesis. so i suppose it's been mostly bad, huh. but being married and having wonderful friends to have fun with have been making me happy still. i'm very grateful for them <3

2023 has a lot in store too. will be both scary and exciting for sure.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    2022 was definitely a year. Same day to day stuff to deal with, aka work. Probably the worst Summer with the highest temperatures I've experienced so far, too.

I learnt a little bit more about myself which is nice. At the same time it also kinda trapped me in a mental purgatory. ^^"

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Kinda the same as the past several years have been really: the world is a fucking shitshow hellscape that feels like it's only going to get worse.

There were a couple of "nice" things that happened this year, like finally moving out of my parent's house and finally getting promoted to the full-time position at work that I should've gotten years ago. But it's not really that great. Moving out was something I had to do because my parents were like "we're selling the house for real this time, y'all gotta leave no matter what =) ", and the only reason I can afford to live in this apartment is because my sisters and I are splitting the bills. The job gives me a paltry $38,000/year for doing 40+ hours a week of physical labor in the oh-so-fun and totally not inherently awful world of capitalist oppression.

oh and I got covid in October too

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Honestly, it was decent but definitely not as good as 2021 for me. The best years of my life so far have been 2008, 2019, and 2021 for sure. 2022 was good but required a lot of travel for work and sometime stressful times at home. I was healthy for most of the year but also neglected health for part of it, and felt like a workaholic for October and November so that also sucked at times. However, overall I would have to say it was a good year and hope to have an even better year in 2023!

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Not a bad year for me personally, despite there being a lot of ups-and-downs. It was more like a rollercoaster.

The bad:
    -My mom's incident with her back a week ago and the stress resulting from it;
    -My dad catching COVID twice;
    -Not being able to get vaccinated against COVID any further-I was supposed to get a third dose of Sputnik V in June but by then it had long stopped production for obvious reasons;
    -Leaving Discord on a messy note due to realizing I wasn't being treated very well due to my nationality;
    -All the bureaucracy behind my surname change;
    -The depressingly unsatisfying ending to Pokémon Reborn after four years of waiting;
    -The also unsatisfying slew of Star Wars content this year, and the Obi-Wan Kenobi series almost making me drop the franchise.

The good:
    -Joining Pokécommunity and engaging with one of the best Pokémon online communities;
    -Finally passing General Linguistics even if it was the only subject I took this year;
    -Passing my first final exam in person with flying colors;
    -Getting to attend college at night for the first time, which in turn gave me extra motivation to work in that same shift;
    -Having my first job interview even if it wasn't serious;
    -Pokémon Xenoverse, and other good Pokémon fan games like Holly Goes to the F*cking Lake;
    -Getting into Star Trek;
    -Getting back into drawing and even submitting an entry to a contest during this year's Get-Together;
    -Writing more even if I didn't finish or publish anything;
    -Reading more, buying books in Spanish for the first time in years and starting a collection of books I've read in my late childhood;
    -Having a much-needed break from studying and spending more time with family and friends,
    -Even starting the paperwork involved to add my mom's surname to all my documents;
    -Starting to take better care of myself, which includes losing some of the weight I gained during quarantine and getting back on anti-anxiety meds;

The promising for this upcoming year:
    -Being closer to graduating from college after ten years (two of which I was completely inactive for various reasons);
    -Making new and better friends, and really working on healing from the trauma from getting overinvested with social media and the people in it;
    -Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, which despite all of their flaws and my reluctance towards buying them, do seem like genuinely fun games;
    -Getting a stable teaching job and finally tackling research in college;
    -The official programs for the English Translator course being approved in my university, which could mean that I'd start working on a second (and very much longed for!) degree as early as 2024;
    -Season 2 of Star Wars: The Bad Batch, Season 3 of The Mandalorian, Star Wars: Ahsoka and Star Wars: Jedi - Survivor finally releasing. Maybe this could be the year I get back into the franchise full-swing!

Years
  • 2022 was kinda mid for me. I won't lie, COVID kinda blocked everything. It's weird because it's almost a year since we can go around free and not worried about COVID (here at least).
    Despite this, it still feels like COVID had an impact on this year as well. Mainly how hard it was for me in these last months to meet new people and make friendships, since a lot of people didn't really care lol.

Except for that, I can't probably even distinguish 2021 from 2022. They kinda just felt the same.
    So yeah, it wasn't the 2020 bad (including personal issues I had during that year + COVID), but not even a remarkable year like 2019, which was probably the best year of my life.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • 2022 was quite a year! I experienced COVID, getting a job finally, traveling with a friend, rejection/heartbreak, new health issues, relief with other health issues (got told my ears are okay, and that I'm fine to play music again! =D), utter despair over my country and state after Roe vs Wade was overturned (which led to the most fervent research I have ever done into moving), going through a lasting phase where I really want to have children, and then completely unexpected family drama completely throwing me for a loop.

The last quarter of the year was just me being stressed out by everything happening to and around me and me not handling it well at all. It was a very complicated year. I'd been thinking about moving since the year's start. But everything that kept happening has kept on changing the frame of where and how I'm moving. At one point, it was me moving alone, with only the hope of finding a job in the new location allowing that. Then, after I got good news with my ears, it switched to thinking of moving for school and I began practicing my instrument a lot. But then the last quarter of the year, drama impacted that and a family member or two may join me in the move and the stress from the drama derailed my practicing and now I'm uncertain about returning to college for the degree I was in.

What a mess... >.<

Years
  • mostly stressful, having been working full time and going to school full time. sadly i think 2023 will be most of the same, but with better time management, i firmly think i can make it to be a better year!

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • The year 2022 had its ups and downs for me, but I promise to make 2023 much better than last year. The only problem is that I have to put in some effort to work hard and ensure that it happens. I need some inspiration and motivation to make it happen.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    It ended very rough, but for the most part it was the best year I've had since 2013. I lost weight, took lots of brisk walks, read more books than I had in years, finished some great video games, got back into anime, adopted an adorable puppy, and volunteered at the library and an anime convention. It was all quite fulfilling. What happened at the end of the year was terrible though, so I want to be extra careful this year.

Years
  • Meh. Had some new health issues crop up and anxiety was probably more down than up. Hoping to work on the latter this year though, as the former isn't really treatable without risky and invasive surgery - but at least mild enough to not cause many issues.

Back