• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is there anything you'd change about certain Pokémon?

Years
    • Seen today
    Stantler - Redesign it to look like the beta deer, and give it the Steel typing.

Basculin - Make it look less ugly, and give it an evolution.

Farfetch'd - Make it evolve into Madame from the Space World demo from 1997.

Archeops - Give it another ability besides Defeatist, or rework Defeatist so that it raises attacking stats at 50% HP or lower instead of halving them.

Luvdisc - Make it evolve into Alomomola, and maybe lower its Speed to make it less annoying.

Garchomp, Latias, Latios - Get rid of their Mega Evolutions. Maybe get rid of Mega Scizor and Mega Tyranitar too.

Annoying Stupid Flying Squirrel Emolga - Erase it from existence.

Patrat, Watchog, Snubbull, Granbull - See Emolga.

AussieJimmy

Jimmy
    Years
    There are some pokemon that should never existed or need to be given an evolution. Like Chatot. Gamefreak must have been smoking a crackpipe when they approved that. Dunsparce could even evolve into Drampa.

I think the Raid Battles are clunky. For starters the AI is a joke when youre not playing online. I got stuck with a clefairy, maractus and an eevee. They don't have to be God like pokemon, but you don't need the bottom of the barrel either.

Truth be told, I never liked the Mega evolutions or the dynamaxing. I know they're trying to keep the game somewhat fresh and not constantly recycling the same game like COD.

I think they could make more compelling storylines during the main campaign. They're very basic (I know its a kids game but its very aloof). They should make an option at the beginning where you can scale it the difficulty. Easy, medium, hard. And you can scale it back or forwards whenever you want to change it.

Also Crown Tundra and the Armour Isle DLC is garbage. The amount of money you pay just to basically get to use pokemon from a previous generations. The story was incredibly woeful and straightforward. I was hoping for post game content. They could have brought back team rocket or any other bad organisation or introduced a new one whilst incorporating already established legendary pokemon.

I do like the concept of the Wild Area. That has huge potential. It could be possible that one day we have an entirely open world like The Witcher.

I may have sounded negative, but before you say if you hate the game so much, why do you play it, I do enjoy the games, ever since I was a kid. They just could have been better

Years
    another answer for this thread: replace current Probopass with the beta design

Is there anything you'd change about certain Pokémon?

Years
    there was a cool idea that i've read somewhere that rillaboom's drum should've been part of its chest and i think conceptually that sounds pretty neat, no idea if that would work out in execution tho

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    1. Perrserker should have significant gender differences and a much taller body, rather than just being a bigger, meaner Galarian Meowth.

Males would be more manly and vicious, while females would be more sleek and devious. The latter's beards become a cool scarf of some kind. Both genders should have hardened fur on their bodies to make their more humanoid bodies appear clothed, but more than battle ready.

2. Galarian Yamask should evolve into Runerigus if holding a chipped slab from a runestone.

3. Frosmoth and Centiskorch would both have 80 base Speed.

4. Give Galarian Forms and evolutions to Dunsparce, Delibird, Qwilfish, Maractus, Heatmor, and Durant.

5. Give Mime Jr. an Ice-type Galarian Form, seeing as Mr. Rime seems to be a stand-in for Jynx, given her history of racism allegations.

6. Give Alolan Forms to the following evolution lines; Rhyhorn, Onix, Yanma, Trapinch, Sandile, and Venomoth.

7. Give Mega Evolutions to Butterfree, Granbull, Froslass, Hydreigon, Dragonite, Goodra, and Flygon.

8. Add the missing halves of the Galarian Fossils and complete the Vishes, Zolts, Drakes, and Arctos specimen.

9. Give Banette both an actual final evolution and even better physical coverage.

10. Add secondary Abilities to the Eeveelutions, Weavile, the Dratini line, the Larvitar line, the Bagon line, and the Gible line.

11. Give Dusk Lycanroc a unique design inside of being a Midday recolour.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    To be honest, there isn't much I'd change, except remove every single extremely gimmicky evolution and replace it with something easier for people to understand. With some exceptions:

-Happiny
    -Mantyke
    -Inkay
    -Alcremie

because some of these evolutions I don't think can easily be changed. But, any "gimmicky" one like Sylveon, I'd just change to stone evolutions if level up evolutions don't fit. But that's it, really. I think all Pokemon are perfect as they are.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    Make Spearow and Fearow pure Flying or smth to at least distinguish them from other birds

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
    I'd make Ice resistant to Water, Grass and Fairy.

Also delete Fairy, I remember when it got introduced and my favorite types were Dark, Dragon and Fighting and I just stood there like...Why.
    Jk, but I do hate this type.

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
    You, sir...

Are absolutely right.

But thinking about the Fairy type some more, if it's supposed to be the stereotypical "girly" type, shouldn't it be weak to Bug instead of resisting it? Like how Psychic is weak to Bug because apparently Psychic-type weaknesses are meant to represent common phobias.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2021
    Honestly, in my days when I used to play Pokemon red/blue, Butterfree used to be one of my favourite Pokemon. But it's lack of learning strong flying type moves would end up hampering the process. Only if it would be able to learn fly (which would allow it to be used as a HM tool Pokemon), it would be much stronger along with it's powder and psychic attacks.

Years
    Make shiny Espeon not green, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pastel pink or sky blue please

Honestly, in my days when I used to play Pokemon red/blue, Butterfree used to be one of my favourite Pokemon. But it's lack of learning strong flying type moves would end up hampering the process. Only if it would be able to learn fly (which would allow it to be used as a HM tool Pokemon), it would be much stronger along with it's powder and psychic attacks.

Ahh yeah, I had this issue too. Psychic on Butterfree is good but has no STAB, and it always suffered due to the lack of good flying moves in earlier gens. Stinks because it's so cute and was so helpful against Brock for me. :(

Valroxen

Self Proclaimed Trans Poke-Queen
    Years
    I agree that I'd like to see the levels for evolutions lowered and trade evolutions given an alt option (maybe something buyable with BP like the ability capule?). Personally I've always wanted Archeops to have a hidden ability, because Defeatist just ruins it and its such a shame cause its my favourite Pokemon, I was thinking something like Klutz that still hinders it but also works alongside the whole Acrobatics playstyle.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I got another: give Typhlosion the same love that Charizard gets.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    I got another: give Typhlosion the same love that Charizard gets.

Make sure to put its flames back in its idle animation while you're at it.

Also why does it have exactly the same stats as Charizard???

Back