• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

let me just rest my eyes for 30 minutes

Years
  • do you take naps? if so, how frequently?

i do sometimes on my lunchbreaks - but those are usually just me shutting my eyes for 20 minutes and immediately going back to work. i do occasionally take naps when i'm finished with work if i have a headache :S

Years
  • I do sometimes but I also suffer from migraines if I do, sometimes if I get a migraine from the weather I use a nap to escape the pain, knowing it will be there when I wake up.

Years
  • finally!! this is my kind of thread!!

anyone who knows me knows that i am a chronic napper. i've been doing it for pretty much my whole life, so whenever an opportunity presents itself to me, i will take it to get some quick zzz's. now, don't get me wrong, there are drawbacks to this. sometimes i wake up super groggy and shitty, but those tend to go away after a while and they most commonly happen whenever i've had a terrible dream of some sort (or if i've just had a terrible nap. those happen, too). that said though, as much crap as naps given me for lack of properly sleeping at night, it does mean that i can function on levels of sleep that "normal" people would find insane. im talking like... i can function fine on like 2-3 hours of sleep, provided i've had a nap beforehand and im not actually doing anything super strenuous or taxing.

that said though, i am the way i am because i.... think im a biphasic or polyphasic sleeper? and i've, again, been doing this my whole life so my body's pretty much become accustomed to this, so it's a normal way of life for me. if i'm tired/sleepy, im going to take that opportunity to take a quick nap. power naps are a godsend especially whenever i have jobs because im pretty decent at napping for a quick 30 mins - 1 hour and then being more or less ok.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    Occasionally. I work an early shift so if I plan to stay awake later I may nap an hour or two.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    When I would close at work I always have to take a nap because if I don't I'm ready to sleep by 11pm and we don't close until 2am. Then I'm dragging for those last 3 hours that seem like an eternity.

Years
  • I take naps alot in the Summer since it gets so hot and I just end up passing out and in cold weather I don't often take a nap.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Naps are great :D I get tired super easily so it helps a ton. I find that I end up in a blanket cocoon for hours afterwards though because the bed is too comfortable. It's bad when I have things to do but otherwise naps are amazing all year round!

pkmin3033

I have a sleep schedule, so I don't nap. I often feel like I don't have enough time in the day, and naps would only rob me of additional time. I get around 6 hours of sleep a night and that's enough for me.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Only if I've been really busy that day or over a span of days. I don't think I even notice falling into the nap.

That's rare tho.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    I used to never nap, even as a kid I wouldn't take a nap no matter what. But since uni started I've been taking so many naps, I'd flop into bed midday or early evening if I don't have class. It's worse during holidays.

Years
    • Seen today
    Since I take classes during the very early morning hours, I catch myself getting tired on the bus ride home, then I fall asleep at around at home for the next couple hours.

I was one of those who never took naps, but sometimes due to my schedule I get overwhelmingly tired in the afternoon.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • If you ever catch me napping, then you can be certain I'm very ill. I'm physically unable to nap otherwise.

Years
  • I don't really take naps. I have a lot of trouble sleeping and don't have a circadian rhythm, but I also rather ironically sleep extremely deeply once I do manage to pass out. So if I attempted to nap and actually fell asleep, it'd turn into a long sleep anyway.

Rynamite

Teaghlaigh, Dílseacht, Misneach
    Years
  • There would only be two different scenarios in which I would take a nap...

1) If I am severely ill - Usually the medicine that is most effective are also the same ones that could tranquilize a rhino. Okay yes, exaggeration much shush! Anyways that would impose a 1-2 hour nap. Once or twice daily.

2) If I work overnights - I mean real overnights. From 8pm until 6am. From 2am onwards it gets quiet fast at work. In order to survive this reality I would nap for a couple hours before work to ensure I am rested for the guarantee of the night. In relation to this. Let's say I work that shift Monday night (Crossing over into Tuesday) then I work at 6am on Wednesday. I would nap for an hour when I get home. Then force myself to stay awake until 7pm to ensure I am ready for the early shift.

Sirfetch’d

Rarely. I'm usually too busy or preoccupied. I also dont want to mess up my already bad sleep schedule lol

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I don't really take naps. I have a lot of trouble sleeping and don't have a circadian rhythm, but I also rather ironically sleep extremely deeply once I do manage to pass out. So if I attempted to nap and actually fell asleep, it'd turn into a long sleep anyway.

Same, tho. My "naps" pretty much always turn into me actually sleeping since I'm tired enough to take one in the first place. xD

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I have a lot of trouble sleeping, so no, I don't nap. I sometimes lie down and do nothing, but I can never get to sleep if it's daytime, so, nah.

Years
  • I usually do take naps when travelling by train to school and back. Mostly because that's either super early in the morning or super late in the evening.

Back