• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon you like more than their evolved forms?

Years
  • See title!

I have so many Pokémon I feel I prefer over their evolved forms. Notable ones being Wartortle, Ivysaur, Porygon2, Joltik, and Frillish. Definitely a lot more I'm forgetting too :x What about you guys?

Valroxen

Self Proclaimed Trans Poke-Queen
    Years
  • Grovyle, Dewott and Pidgeotto are the only ones that stick out to me the most. Idk why but Pidgeotto is just miles cooler than Pidgeot to me.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Charjabug is kinda obvious for me. Nothing against Vikavolt; it's just that Charjabug is as great as Pokémon can get. In a similar vein, I'm more fond of Pokémon like Sneasel, Palpitoad, and Rowlet than their evolved forms. I like Grovyle more than Sceptile and almost Treecko more than Grovyle, but a bit of that can be traced back to my Mystery Dungeon bias.

Then there's Vanillite, which is kinda an odd case for me. Vanilluxe is my favorite Ice-type, but I can't say nearly the same for Vanillish. Vanillite and Vanilluxe are cute, but Vanillish looks...kinda weird.

If I wanted to throw shade at certain Pokémon though, I'd say Yamper and Carkol are two Pokémon I like more than their evolved forms. I don't like Boltund or Coalossal much.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I like Dragonair way more than I like Dragonite. I mean, Dragonite's great but I just love how sleek and elegant Dragonair is.

Bergmite is cute too but it's evolution is so.. unappealing. I feel similarly about Drifloon, Spritzee, and Whismurr.

Years
  • Snom for sure. runners-up include Teddiursa, Pikachu, Vigoroth, Cacnea, & Sneasel. i would've included Togepi, but Togekiss has grown on me over the years.

Years
    • Online now
    Usually, I like the final evolution of any Pokemon line the most. Exceptions are Poliwhirl because it's very cute, Electabuzz because it's strong, fast, and I love special attackers, and Dusclops because I like its design a lot.

Also to a lesser extent Trubbish and Yamper, but only because I don't like their evolutions.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I also prefer evolved mons more but there are many unevolved mons I do prefer over evolved as well: Scyther, Stufful, Rolycoly, Yamper, Riolu, Kirlia (over Gallade), Murkrow (I do love Honchkrow tho), Eevee (over Glaceon), and probably others I'm missing but these are the notable ones.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I'll agree with some people here that Colossoal seems like a weird left turn from the way Carkol and Rolypoly were going.

Also Yamper is a ball of lovable fluff and Boltund seems a bit ... weird? Like, I know it's a greyhound and greyhounds are lovable little aliens but it seems like too big of a leap, I don't know.

I feel a lot of Gen IV evolutions (Magmortar, Electivire, Togekiss, etc.) are kinda weird as well, like, they're very thicc and round and don't seem to mesh that well with the original forms - the exception being Roserade, which I absolutely love. It looks like it's a super hero, I just love it.

Also Boldore, Torracat and Grookey look weird to me? Like, they scream "Puberty hit me and not in the fun way" and seem just so ... awkward. Maybe that's the point? Awkard teen years for a middle evolution.

Also also, who thought giving Inteleon yaoi hands was a good idea?

Years
    • Seen today
    Rhydon over Rhypeiror.

To such an extent it's one of the few I'd almost rather not evolve.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Electabuzz definitely. I always considered Electivire to be overrated and feel they could've done much more for that evolution. I also like Bonsly a bit more than Sudowoodo though they're both two of my favorites. Gligar is preferred to Gliscor for me. And I definitely like Gabite over Garchomp and Zweilous over Hydreigon. Dragon types can get a bit gruesome at times.

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
  • Dewott, Magmar and Yamper are the definite champions for me. Or victims, as they are the ones who suffer with their evolutions lmao

Nickit and Trubbish in a lesser extent.

Finally, Cubone and Torracat. But I also love Marowak and Incineroar, it's like 100 to 98 points.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2021
    For me, it's definitely Togepi and Litwick. They are precious babies and I want to protect. I think I feel similarly about Vanillite and Yamper. And it disappoints me that such smol and elegant-looking Pokemon like Dratini and Dragonair turn into the giant derp dragon Dragonite, so it could be said that I prefer both of them too.

Years
  • If we're not going off stats, just preference, then there's quite a few I can think of that I prefer to their evolved form!

Psyduck, Dratini / Dragonair, Togepi, Munna, Frillish and Inkay all stick out for me, but I often do prefer un-evolved Pokémon, so the list is probably way bigger!

The anime has drummed Pikachu into our brains as being "better" un-evolved too, but I do still like Raichu 😊

Years
  • Sneasel, Helioptile, Scyther, Rhydon... and many starters that are "ruined" because of their evolutions. Chespin and Tepig have terrible evolutions imo.

And there are more that I'm probably forgetting right now

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Rhydon, Electabuzz, Magmar. Gen 4 had a lot of cool new evolutions but some just never clicked with me.

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Dragonair
    Haunter
    Tangela

Back