• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[QOTD #1] Why did you become a PC Supporter?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Question of the Day #1: Donating To PC

Plain and simple question: why did you decide to donate money towards PokeCommunity?

As a Platinum Supporter myself, I had three reasons:
    • Blogging (oh wow what a shocker)
    • Thinking PC was a pretty swankedelic site and I wanted it to stay up and running
    • Curiosity was what led me to become Platinum rank to see what it entailed lol

Last edited:

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • I became a supporter because I thought to myself, "I seem to be into Pokemon for the long haul. Might as well support a forum that is the same way." And out of all the Pokemon forums I've seen (the local one for my country included) PC is the most active and friendly.

I'm still planning to donate semi-regularly because, like the OP, I want PC to stay up and running.

Years
  • I became a supporter because I had lots of money to throw away, and the blog along with other features I unlocked were worth it. Since i'm at the highest tier of the regular ones, it's certainly worthwhile.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I won a contest. I decided that the prize of supporter sounded good since I wasn't one so I took it. Honestly, there were enough contests that gave supporter prizes on PC when I was at that stage that I probably wouldn't have donated. Hell, I won another bit of supportership and gave it to my boyfriend instead of keeping it for myself.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Back when we had five tiers (well, six, but yeah), I donated enough to reach Tier 2. I'd given the ten dollars purely for the perks, honestly. Helping PC wasn't on my mind, I just wanted to blog. I became a Tier 5 supporter after winning a contest on reviewing stuff.

Years
  • I became a Tier 1 supporter back in 2012 when I donated $5 via SMS to Steve. I really wanted it for the perks, but then I also realized that it helped run the site as well. However, my Crystal tier status came from the fact that I was given two Tier 3 prizes back at the end of last year (one from Team Fail as a Secret Santa and the other from Twiggy). If I had a way to donate to PC myself, I would again.

A majority of my perks though came from being on staff, such as blogging, the larger avatar and profile picture, and access to the VIP forum (back when it was Tier 3+ supporters only).

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Put very simply, I liked how it sounded and was somewhat jealous of supporters when I wasn't one and decided to become a recurring supporter, gaining Tier 4 for a bit. Unfortunately it wasn't my money but a willing friend's, so I lost it when we couldn't renew. Then a really nice user who I'll keep secret donated for me to Tier 5 because of that.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Originally I donated the first five tiers in order to set me apart from others within the ROM hacking community, but as my focus gradually shifted away from RH and into the PokéCommunity itself, I started looking harder and harder at the other 6th-Tierers around me and one Christmas I convinced my mother to let me donate the money for it.

As for the other $225 I've put into PC aside from my account, I've just thrown bits here and there to Steve for people I thought deserved supportership and didn't yet have it.

Nonon: ;p

Years
  • Then a really nice user who I'll keep secret donated for me

Nonon: ;p

I wonder who donated for you omg! What a mystery!!

If I'm being completely honest, I donated entirely for the perks. Helping the forum stay on its feet is great too - but I wanted a blog. Unfortunately, I still haven't decided on anything worth posting because I'm super picky about stuff like that. I asked if I could donate right after I had my best result in a tournament in forever, and my parents were really happy so they allowed it lmao.

Years
  • I mainly wanted to be supporter for the perks, but given I'm in such a tight-budgeted family my mother pretty much bans me from donating to anything that isn't necessary. I thought I was like, never going to be able to get a cool-looking profile until something happened come 2012.

It was during a Trivia Contest in a Get-Together event that year (which coincided with PC's 10th anniversary) and Oryx won a Tier 4 Supporter prize, however she was already a Tier 5 so that meant giving her prize to someone else. My birthday was also coming up and because she thought I deserved it, she gave it to me.

And then weeks after that, Echidna donated $5 in my name (which I did not expect at all, but he was doing a plan to cut the Tier 4 group down drastically) and that bumped me up to a Tier 5.

I was not expecting to become a supporter I admit, let alone a high-tiered one.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    About a year ago, lots of things have happened since then . And I did it because I though I was going to be here long term.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I was spending a lot of time here and then I decided it was pretty alright so I donated money because I know if I had some sort of investment in it then I would actually stay and do stuff and get to know people, which I still don't do.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I won a contest for some of my donation amount. I believe the other $5 I donated was given by Harry (hashtag), but I honestly forget who might've given me it. :( Sorry to that person!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I won a contest for some of my donation amount. I believe the other $5 I donated was given by Harry (hashtag), but I honestly forget who might've given me it. :( Sorry to that person!
    It sure was. :)

I donated £25 to get up to Tier 5 in 2009 purely for the perks :) (hey, I was 13). I had a bet with Zet for $10 which I won and donated on behalf of Vrai with. I also won an easter egg hunt thing or something and donated the supportership to Klippy (fun fact: that was the first ever event where supportership was given away).

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • It sure was. :)

I donated £25 to get up to Tier 5 in 2009 purely for the perks :) (hey, I was 13). I had a bet with Zet for $10 which I won and donated on behalf of Vrai with. I also won an easter egg hunt thing or something and donated the supportership to Klippy (fun fact: that was the first ever event where supportership was given away).

And because of that, our love blossomed. <3

Still appreciate it, buddy! Glad I mostly remembered it was you. :)

Back