• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Questions You've Always Had/Great Wonders Of the World

Years
    • Online now
    For example I was thinking about Heatran last night, and I wonder where the name originated from. Also I wonder what inspired the design, because it looks like an ant eater.

Another thing I was wondering was pokecommunity related. I like looking at badges people obtained, and on some there's "hot mess express". I don't get what it means, but I'm guessing it's a discord related thing.

I was also wondering who invented Oatmeal. This answer felt more obtainable on the internet, but there was no definite answer. All it gave me was:

"Humans began eating oatmeal for breakfast thousands of years ago – most commonly in the British Isles – so it's impossible to know who "invented" it (but I'm going to say it was a guy named Conor, who lived near the current town of Dunfanaghy on the Donegal coast around 420 BC".

What are some questions you've had? (minor or large).

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    What's the meaning of life? How big is infinity? Can you calculate everything existing with 3 dimensional matrices that have functions with nigh infinite amounts of variables as individual numbers? What am I supposed to do with my life? Does creating a world in my head make that world exist somewhere else? Can I access it? Can I access it when I die? Can I meet all the people I've created in my head when I die? What would happen if I jump in front of that train? Or that bus? Or that car? Should I bother asking questions that I can't answer? Why don't I just jump? What does the future of humankind look like? Will they overcome the problem they cause for themselves? Or will they perish? Can I even do anything? Or is everything meaningless? What went wrong in the past? What to eat for lunch? Why is everything so complicated? Why is everything so difficult? What's even the point asking questions? Why can't I stop asking questions?

Just some of the questions I have to deal on the daily. Can't say I've found answers, yet...

Years
  • heyoo

but for real though, i've always wondered how it would be like to be able to comprehend 4D. i've tried my best to understand it via researching sometime ago, but i just couldn't fully grasp my head around it, which irritates me lol.

aside from that, i want to know what impossible colors look like. those colors that can't be perceived by our brains or eyes for some reason, but theoretically still exist.

Years
  • One question I always ask why do people always hurt me in some way and Is there a reason why they do and have too? I'm simply my true authentic self always with anyone online or in person. I'm also not afraid to speak my mind either, you either like me or you don't. I keep it 100% real with people and don't sugar coat things. Maybe I'm hard to understand and accept for things I like or bealive in as well my views and opinions on stuff. I suppose it's people's loss then if I'm not worth there time of getting to know me. I have a lot to offer someone if given a true chance. I have a Canis lupus personality so I'm very kind, caring, loving, friendly, affectionate, polite, respectful, loyal, strong, fierce, independent and extremely protective of my loved ones.

Perhaps people don't like that of me though thats something I'll never change about me. My apologies for my rambles on this question.

baire

many such cases
    Years
  • How big is infinity?
    this isn't too bad to answer. we can't count to infinity but we can sidestep this by describing 'size' in terms of 'cardinality'
    Spoiler:

one of the most famous results is that there are different sizes of infinity, I think most people are familiar with countably/uncountably infinite - comparing a countably infinite set like the integers against an uncountably infinite set like the real numbers. there's a lot of ie youtube videos that give a good presentation of the idea but if you want to look into it further there's an accessible textbook by Enderton that lets you skip more involved mathematical/axiomatic arguments whenever you want (cardinality starts at chapter 6) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84Z51KYZrFHYzQ0ODVlODMtNmQ5NC00MDJkLTgxMjEtNTlmMDdkOGU0NTFj/view

I vaguely remember that ranking sizes of infinity used ordinal numbers or something but it's been too long since I've studied set theory. that stuff about "calculate everything existing ... " sounds like it would be answered by Godel's first incompleteness theorem, but this is also something I studied a long time ago and have more or less have forgotten everything about after the final exam

-----------------

one question I've always wanted to know the answer to was what Mahler's 10th symphony would've sounded like. only the first movement was really completed and it sounds so wild compared to anything else he ever wrote. I love it and wish he'd gotten a chance to finish the rest

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Another thing I was wondering was pokecommunity related. I like looking at badges people obtained, and on some there's "hot mess express". I don't get what it means, but I'm guessing it's a discord related thing.
    I had I thought that I could answer this, but looking at the Mod CP/badges page didn't help much

The description doesn't tell me anything, the reasons part doesn't tell me anything. So it's probably some in-joke. One that Tyler gets since every single time the badge has been given out, it's been given out by him.

One question I always ask why do people always hurt me in some way and Is there a reason why they do and have too? I'm simply my true authentic self always with anyone online or in person. I'm also not afraid to speak my mind either, you either like me or you don't. I keep it 100% real with people and don't sugar coat things. Maybe I'm hard to understand and accept for things I like or bealive in as well my views and opinions on stuff. I suppose it's people's loss then if I'm not worth there time of getting to know me. I have a lot to offer someone if given a true chance. I have a Canis lupus personality so I'm very kind, caring, loving, friendly, affectionate, polite, respectful, loyal, strong, fierce, independent and extremely protective of my loved ones.

Perhaps people don't like that of me though thats something I'll never change about me. My apologies for my rambles on this question.
    Unfortunately some people are just assholes, and that might be all there is to it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Here's one: "how do I look from someone else's perspective"? Since you see yourself in the mirror all the time mirrored, so you never actually see yourself non mirrored unless you're recorded on video by someone else.

also, "if pokemon didn't exist, what would my life be like now"? Silly stuff like that.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I've got a great one for this! I'm kinda known by some friends for being that person who just asks strange questions. One of my favourites has been: "If you make shaped cookies and cut them out, they'll expand or change shape when they cook, right? So how do you get them to the exact shape before you cook them to where they'll appear as the ideal shape once they're done?" So I wonder if that's really possible.

Besides that, I wonder about the things people think about me behind my back sometimes. Not in like, a negative way, but I hope people associate me with certain things or I wonder if they have any opinions about me or things I say that never ends up coming up in conversation. Like, how do people really see me? It's interesting to think about.

Years
  • Why don't we work on saving Earth instead of moving to Mars or some shit. I am not living on a planet where the high is only 5 degrees, I will die.
    Why is our moon just called "the moon" why can't we be creative? Name it Patrick.

Taro Tanaka

Banned
    Years
  • Why can't all dairy products be lactose-free? The whole fucking world had to stop because some Karen decided she was suddenly "allergic" to gluten, but my smoothie and ice cream sandwich still can't be handled by my digestive system? Man...

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • "How different would my life be if (x) never happened?" Life-changing things like playing Pokémon or joining color guard.

"What do I actually look like?" Aside from mirrors and photos, we have never truly seen our own faces. If I had an identical clone, would I be able to recognize her?

Years
    • Online now
    I'm wondering who invented bananas.

I also think it would be funny if you removed the "B" from bananas. You would just have "ananas".

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
  • Who the heck decided that colonel would be pronounced "kernel". There's no r, the second o is ignored while the first is pronounced weird. This is just one of many reasons the English language frustrates me. I feel sorry for non native speakers trying to learn it as a second language.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Who the heck decided that colonel would be pronounced "kernel". There's no r, the second o is ignored while the first is pronounced weird. This is just one of many reasons the English language frustrates me. I feel sorry for non native speakers trying to learn it as a second language.

I fear languages are not logic; they're based on how people use them ^^"
    And yeah, as a non-native speaker, I can say that the English writing system does not reflect at all its pronunciation, and it's a pain.
    ---------------------

Why are so many people instinctively scared of spiders, even the smallest ones? (Also, I live in a country that has almost no dangerous spiders).

Another question I had was: why are some names displayed differently in the main forums page? Some names are in bold, other names are in italics. I figured bold names were moderators, but what about italics ones?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Another question I had was: why are some names displayed differently in the main forums page? Some names are in bold, other names are in italics. I figured bold names were moderators, but what about italics ones?
    The non-bold italicized ones are supporters/donators.

Mods: Nah
    Admins: Nah
    Supporters: Nah

Years
    • Online now
    So...Mithridatism is the practice of drinking small doses of poison until you gain an immunity.

So if someone were to practice this, that means they could even ingest something like bleach and be okay? (Unless it's not an immunity, and simply a tolerance).

Back