• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
  • This is probably a simple question but how do i get my profile to have a backround image?

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    This is probably a simple question but how do i get my profile to have a backround image?

I think things might(?) have changed but one way I recall is to upload whatever image you want to your album/s and then copy+paste the image link provided into the background image area in Edit Profile.

Years
  • I think things might(?) have changed but one way I recall is to upload whatever image you want to your album/s and then copy+paste the image link provided into the background image area in Edit Profile.

If you want to make it work, you have to set your album to "Profile Album" which is the setting you need for pics specifically designed for profile customization.

Also, a good trick to making a good profile is to make the background color blend in if you want it to look good. I also like to at least color-coordinate everything, just so stuff won't hurt your eyes.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    When you type C-o-f-a-g-r-i-g-u-s in a message (without the dashes of course), it automatically turns into Cohagrigus. Why does this happen?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    When you type C-o-f-a-g-r-i-g-u-s in a message (without the dashes of course), it automatically turns into Cohagrigus. Why does this happen?
    You must have a swear censor on. Fag would be one of the words on the censor list, so it automatically changes it.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Is there a way to turn that swear censor off?
    Yeah. Click on "User Control Panel", then "Edit Options" and look for the part about swear censors (under the Thread Display section) . Click Disabled to turn it off. And remember to save the changes.

Years
  • Yeah, so I turned off the notifications for when someone else likes my post, because I really do not want to see RandomDSdevel flooding my notifications with likes. I did so sometime within the hour of 2...and yet I just got a like notification from him. Is that prompt glitchy or something?

Years
  • Yeah, so I turned off the notifications for when someone else likes my post, because I really do not want to see RandomDSdevel flooding my notifications with likes. I did so sometime within the hour of 2...and yet I just got a like notification from him. Is that prompt glitchy or something?

RandomDSdevel has been liking a lot of my posts as well so I got a hell-load of notifications from him, but if it's still happening while you disabled the like notifications I assume a glitch has hit you or something.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask if there would be any way of becoming a community supporter without paying?
    My brother Foxrally became a community supporter not long ago, but I don't have a credit card so I can't pay (although I want to) but I'd be willing to do anything else. Just wanted to ask you guys, and thank you :D. I just really feel like becoming community supporter.

Years
  • Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask if there would be any way of becoming a community supporter without paying?
    My brother Foxrally became a community supporter not long ago, but I don't have a credit card so I can't pay (although I want to) but I'd be willing to do anything else. Just wanted to ask you guys, and thank you :D. I just really feel like becoming community supporter.

Sometimes there are events going around the forums that give out supporter tiers as a prize, so do look out for those when you can. Otherwise, you could just hope that someone else can donate on your behalf.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years

I just donated $5 on behalf of you, so you should become a supporter by the end of today the earliest. You won't have the exact same benefits as your brother - you'll be a Silver Tier rank while he is Gold Tier - but you'll share some supporter benefits nonetheless. Just pay it forward in the future is all and everything will be gucci.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Yeah, so I turned off the notifications for when someone else likes my post, because I really do not want to see RandomDSdevel flooding my notifications with likes. I did so sometime within the hour of 2...and yet I just got a like notification from him. Is that prompt glitchy or something?

Oh man, you too? x.x
    I forgot you could turn notifications off. I'll remember that next time someone like spams me.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • If you have Pokemon censors on, all censored words will be replaced with names of Pokemon that usually rhyme with the censored word.

I don't remember activating it, though. One day I typed shit and it was replaced with "Muk". I thought it was the new standard.

Years
  • I don't remember activating it, though. One day I typed shit and it was replaced with "Muk". I thought it was the new standard.

I'm fairly certain the default censor is Pokemon names, though. If you want to change it, it's one of the Options in your User CP.

llr

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    How do I turn off the software that leaves a comment next to my name?
    This: We're all mad here, llr

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    How do I turn off the software that leaves a comment next to my name?
    This: We're all mad here, llr
    Click on User Control Panel, then Edit Options, and scroll down to the bottom. There's an option to turn off the randomized greeting messages there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back