• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Time to talk about your hair, PC!

- What color hair do you have naturally? Do you dye it often or nah?
    - Do you prefer it long/short/medium/nonexistent ?
    - Do you spend a lot of time styling it?
    - If you could choose a funky color, what would you go with?

Let's hear it :)

Sirfetch’d

My hair colour naturally is dark brown. It's a bit lighter now though. Not a massive fan of my natural hair colour because it's just so dark.

I usually stick with medium hair as it's most comfortable that way and looks better on me. I look awful with super short hair. :(

I like your hair :(

My hair is a sandy blonde naturally but it's gotten a bit darker over the past year or so for whatever reason. I much prefer it when it's lighter though haha.

Years
  • Mine is like a medium brown colour, and I tend to have it around a bit longer than shoulder length. My fringe however does grow fast so most of my hairdresser appointments are for fringe cuts.

I don't like weird colours on my hair, nor do I care for styling.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    my regular color is dark brown, but i dyed it blue black recently. i prefer my hair as long as possible, but you still need to get some trimming to keep it healthy looking, ya know? my dream color hair would be purple... but i am not willing to bleach it at all

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • 1. Dark brown hairs o: I never dye it, never have.
    2. I prefer to have my hair long, it's the best.
    3. Nope.
    4. None. Dyeing my hair is something I will never willingly do. The idea of it makes me sick, and the smell of hair dye gives me headaches when other people use it.

pkmin3033

My natural hair colour is a dark ginger and yes, this explains why I have no soul, har har har although it was much lighter when I was a kid; it seems to have darkened quite a bit as I've gotten older. I wanted so badly to dye it when I was younger, as I was bullied something awful for it. I've toyed with the idea of going dark red, and I've even made bets with people that I'd dye it luminous pink a couple of times - thank the gods, I won those bets - but I've never bothered...dye is expensive and time-consuming, and it'll only wash out. I kinda stopped caring about it as I got older.

As for my style...messy. My hair is infuriatingly thick and curly. No matter what I do to it, it goes everywhere if I try and style it, so I just tend to tie it back into a ponytail and ignore it. It used to come down to the small of my back when I was in College; I refused to let mother cut it in one of those acts of teenage rebellion, as you do. These days I keep it shoulder-length, because it's manageable at that length. I don't want it too short, because then I won't be able to tie it back and it'll go everywhere. I frizz.

I want white hair. I have a thing for white hair ._.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • 1. My hair is naturally dark brown. I have never dyed it before in my life, even with temporary dye.
    2. It's medium/shoulder-length.
    3. I just take some time to comb and brush my hair is all. Don't need stylin' when ya have naturally wavy hair.
    4. Uh... I dunno... purple maybe? Like, a really dark violet that doesn't stand out.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • My hair is naturally a dirty blonde/strawberry blonde mix. When I was younger is was very vibrant red, and it has faded over time.

Currently, my hair is the longest it's ever been. It falls about halfway between my shoulder and elbow. I generally don't keep it a certain length, but tend to chop it all off once a year, let it grow, and repeat next year. I just haven't had time to chop it all off so it just keep growing...so it's been about a year and a half since I've had a hair cut. Thus, I have absolutely no hair style (it's just a thick mop on my head haha)...with really bad split ends.

I usually spend zero time on my hair. I take my showers at night before bed, go to bed with a wet head and hope for the best. If my hair dried funny it goes up in a ponytail. If I end up showering in the morning (rare) I have to blow dry it because of work.

I want blue and/or purple hair. Work would not approve, however.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • What color hair do you have naturally? Do you dye it often or nah?

Naturally it's brown. But I was blond younger.
    I dye them every six month. I never stop dying them it's been.... 10 years? (Yeah I kinda lose them now... I have to stop.. but I said this too many time XD the longest I spend without dying them was 8 month)

Long hair looks good, but I can't do anything with them, so I prefer to wear them medium length.

Noooo I can't style my hairs! I brush them and sometime straighten or curl them, and that's it.

I tried a lot of them and my favorite are blue/green. I've stick with them for some years now.

But if I could I would dye them silver/grey! But it's too hard on the hair. * I wish I had a wig :3 *

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Natural color is called blonde by non-swedes but called brown by swedes, for some reason haha. It's sort of dark brownish blonde I guess. On the reddish side, in some lights! Back in high school I used to dye it blonde sometimes and reddish sometimes, and before summer 2015 I dyed it dark brown. Big mistake - sunshine over the summer made it go blonde again despite my color-shampooing and cream efforts ahhaha​
    I used to keep it very long, basically growing it out since mid 2011 to see how long it could get. It got long lol, almost reaching down to my butt~ That was nice when I could do different braids or ponytails or buns or just keep it straight and shiny. It is naturally extremely straight, so I hardly even needed to brush it.

However, in the autumn 2015 I finally cut it off. Like, really short. SUPER SHORT, basically almost army cut. I panicked for a while but now it's growing out again and I'm in the process of trying to decide which length I want to aim for. I'm thinking maybe some kind of page cut, but I sort of really liked the pixie style too. Right now it's grown a bit too long for proper pixy. I'm debating whether to cut it shorter so I can style it properly again, or ask a hairdresser to make it more fitting for growing out into a decent page. I don't think I'm super keen on letting it grow out down to my shoulders or further again.

I mean, the super long hair was REALLY annoying when I started working in a lab every day and had to keep it out of the way. Short hair is just... so liberating. Nothing hanging and dangling. Just nicely there on your head, looking good c:​
    I used to, when the short style was new to me and I wasn't sure of how I wanted to have it. But nowadays I can actually go to work without products in my hair. I still do style it somewhat though, in that I either use wax or just nothing, to ruffle it up so it's not super flat, and I also often put my fringe up with hairpins. Sometimes just simply to the side close to my ear, but other times with a lil twirl or half-braid across my forehead~ It's good for workdays at least, to keep the hair out of my face haha.​
    Not sure I would want to. But if I'd do it, I might actually go for... huhh... Platinum blonde maybe. I really couldn't do a super funky colorful color, sorry haha. not even red.​

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    What color hair do you have naturally? Do you dye it often or nah? it's a dark shade of brown, but it looks black. i never dye it but i've had red streaks as a child...

Do you prefer it long/short/medium/nonexistent ? my hair is currently medium-long i'd say. i want to grow it very long, but i always get tired of waiting and end up getting it cut to about shoulder length. i'm trying really hard to resist right now but it's so annoying to wait when your hair seems to grow horizontally rather than vertically <w<;

Do you spend a lot of time styling it? no, not really, because it's pretty much impossible to manage. i never brush my hair in the morning because it makes my hair look extremely frizzy and my hairbrush would get stuck in my hair, pretty much. i only use gel to make my curls look better. i also have full bangs so i always straighten them with a flat iron in the morning because the hair there tends to curl back up while i'm asleep and it looks very bad, aha.

If you could choose a funky color, what would you go with? as much as it'd look bad on me, i'd love to have cotton candy pink hair. but that's never gonna happen.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I have dark brown hair (almost black) naturally. I usually dye my hair every three or so months but it took me a while to do it this time around. Three days ago I dyed it blue black. Looks great rn tbh.

- Do you prefer it long/short/medium/nonexistent?
    I prefer it long, I let it grow out and I'm perfectly content with my hair length at the moment.

Honestly, no. I'll brush it occasionally but I don't style my hair as much as I want to.

Teal, although it's not really funky color in my personal opinion.

Years
  • - What color hair do you have naturally? Do you dye it often or nah?

Black and nah.

I don't know how I prefer it, which is why it's long and disheveled.

If I could decide on a length I probably would. But since I haven't, it just grows in whichever way it decides to grow.

Silver. Anderson Cooper's hair is amazing and it looks super suave on him.

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
    Years
  • My hair tends to swing between darker and lighter brown naturally with the seasons. It's the weirdest thing. I prefer it in the fall and winter when it's generally lighter. I'm like a forest creature that grows a winter coat.

For a guy, my hair is starting to border on long-ish for the first time in a while.

I spend way too much time playing around with my hair, both in the morning when I get ready and throughout the day.

Funky color...? I've never thought about dying my hair before honestly. I guess I'd probably go with like....a really dark red. I dunno. I'm not exactly keen on the idea of having vibrant colors in my hair. At least if it's dark enough red it can almost look normal haha

Lucid

Mine is getting darker as I get older, it's almost black now. I recently cut off about 14 inches and started treating it so I can bleach it again, it's kinda wavy and almost to my shoulders now. I mostly just curl it with rollers.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    this thread title is quite the coincidence

i was thinking the same exact thing lolol

dark brown that looks black. i used to dye it dirty blonde every so often, but ever since keeping most of my hair shaved off i haven't done so much.

i prefer my hair short.

sometimes, if my mohawk is longer than i would like or if i'm having a bad hair day. otherwise about 10 minutes at most.

MMmm pink, definitely.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Nah

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Oooh boy. My hair. This is a topic that could inspire so much ranting out of me.

This hair is dark brown (basically black), wavy/curlyish, thick, and annoying as hell to control. I prefer longer hair, but my hair is much easier to manage when short. But I can't cut it too short, or it'll just turn into an afro. So I keep it moderate length. Most of my years have been spent trying to get the damn thing to behave or be something I like. Dying, straightening, and a whole lot of hair products have done nothing. It is stubborn to change. I even tried wearing a wig because of how much I hate it, but it just didn't look right and got to be a hassle. Wig hair is surprisingly more difficult to manage my mess of hair.

My routine with my hair is still fairly elaborate, because the battle continues on. I apply special straightening shampoos and conditioners, and even a cream after bathing. This has caused my hair to go from curly to more wavy. So good progress so far. Then I'm gonna buy another straightener, one that is more modern and not so damn ancient, and use it every now and then. You must be wondering why I don't give up. Because I'm crazy, that's why. I WILL CONQUER YOU ONE DAY, HAIR!

Also, I would just dye my hair a bright ass red if I could. Assuming I could also simultaneously get it to stay straight. I am so jealous of those lucky women whose hair is naturally straight.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • My hair is kinda long for a guy, and is almost man-bun length. I think I might grow it out some more, but never do a man-bun. I dont really have the build or face for that hairstyle to be honest.

I usually do not like crazy colors, and I never have (and most likely never well) dye my hair, but if I had to choose, it would be like a light blue streak. I have dark brown hair, but if I had black hair, I would probably like a yellow streak. Maybe when I get out of high school Ill do it, but idk.

Back