• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny you want but don't have yet

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I'd love a shiny Spiritomb, but that's probably never going to happen unfortunately.

Within the realm of possibilities, I'd like a shiny Dialga and Palkia, and also a Reshiram. I was in the process of shiny hunting Ultra Wormhole Legendaries and I actually got quite a lot of them, but I lost interest after a while. I'd quite like to go back to it at some stage though! Although I'd need to fill the dex in Ultra Sun, which might be a bit problematic since I transferred everything across to Home a long time ago.

Years
  • I haven't done much intentional shiny hunting, but I have missed a couple of shinies for one reason or another;
    A shiny Turtwig in Legends Arceus, despawned before I could save or catch it.
    A shiny Starly in Scarlet… that one stung. I have a Gallade with False Swipe, Heal Pulse, and Hypnosis. I panicked/got excited, and didn't save before the encounter. I hit it and then realised, "Wait, Brave Bird." So I Heal Pulsed.
    …and then it used Final Gambit. :(

Some other shinies I'd love would be the starter Pokémon of each gen. I've already got a Charmander and Rowlet in Scarlet purely randomly, so I'd love to get all the others.

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • I remember yearning for a shiny Ferroseed when I began breeding on White until I lost the cartridge. That's all I got for now.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Probably Alolan Raichu. Does not feel like going for it, though. A. Will not use it on anything at this point. B. Takes too long to farm. Requires farming Dynamax Adventures. Enjoys doing that, but not likely hundreds of times.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • There are a couple of Bug Types I'd love to add to my collection, Forretress and Scyther/Scizor. I'm sure there are plenty more, but those are some of the most interesting to me at the moment.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I just realized that I've never had a shiny Zekrom before, I should try getting one sometime

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Mainly Eelektrik atm because I made a goal of getting a full-odds Shiny of every Pokémon on my TrainerSona's team.

Somewhat interested in Pineco (bagworms are cool). And Hisuian Sneasel, if only as an excuse to play LA. Sprigatito is tempting but I hate breeding in SV.

Shinies I've method-hunted previously that I may try hunting at full odds in the future: Girafarig, Hoppip, Yanma, Lanturn, Gallade

Years
  • Shiny Aegislash. It's crimson color is bold and beautiful, and also has a poetic symbolism to it- a sword red with blood from the countless intrigues and battles it saw throughout the ages. The color really emphasizes it's ghost typing, and association with death. It's just a great favorite of mine.

The honedge line isn't in Scarlet and Violet, so I would have to go back to an older game to try this hunt. It would be a good pokemon to breed for with the Masuda Method, but I prefer to catch shinies in the wild, and unfortunately, you see this pokemon in the wild very little. It will be pretty much limited to a particular place within a region, and often can only appear under some gimmicky circumstance like during certain weather conditions in Galar, or using the island scan on a special day of the week in Alola. It's still doable, but a full odds shiny honedge or doublade is something I just don't think I am ready to go looking for yet, breathtaking as it is.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • batloveskarin.gif

I thought I had replied to this thread..?

I had a list of these but I've slowly cut it down over time. Sadly can't find it anymore, but the first thing I immediately think of is Bisharp, I've loved its blue shiny ever since BW dropped. Duskull is one for sure, Banette just because I absolutely adore it, Gourgeist, Cofagrigus, and Rotom would all be fantastic as well. Yeah could you tell what my favourite type is? ;;

Descendng

actual real Sableye. trust me.
    Years
  • the Snivy line in gen 5.

the whole line looks SO clean, I've tried to spark up the motivation to sit down and power through the hunt on White 2, but something always pulls me away from it. I'll get that precious snake eventually.

Alpawca

🌱🌸☘️🌷
    Days
    • Age 20
    • Any
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I'm hoping to hunt a shiny Virizion in BW eventually. I'd love to catch it in a Heal Ball too, but I'd keep a Master Ball safe just in case. I love how vibrant its pink shiny form is and it's one of my favourite Unova 'mons in general.

Back