• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Celebration: Tattoo thread!

HitmonSal

Mon top!
Years
  • After talking to people in my introduction post I figured I'd make a tattoo thread so we can all share our ink!

Here is mine! My Pokémon half sleeve is a work in progress but my T-Rex is finished! (Names welcome for the Rex)

Tattoo thread!
    Tattoo thread!
    Tattoo thread!
    Tattoo thread!

Let's see yours :D

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I'd post my tat pics if I had tats... I've been considering getting some in the future. I'm looking for something small, maybe on my hands/wrist. For now I'll just draw something on my hand with ballpoint pens and pretend it's a tattoo

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    YES I love it!! And the dinosaur tattoo too! I'd love to know the percentage of Pokémon fans are also huge dinosaur fans, haha.

Anyway, here's my Sylveon/Fairy tattoo! This picture was taken only hours after it was done so it's very swollen and red, but has since calmed into place very nicely. :)

Edit: I forgot I have a non-Pokémon tattoo as well, lol. I have a message that my dad wrote to me that is very personal. What I love is that he signed it with his full legal name for some reason and then wrote, "you know, dad" under it haha. It's very special to me.

Attachments

• Tattoo thread!
      041391D5-7D11-4D64-AE58-7C2A842B2292.jpeg
      224.1 KB · Views: 22
    Last edited:

HitmonSal

Mon top!
    Years
  • YES I love it!! And the dinosaur tattoo too! I'd love to know the percentage of Pokémon fans are also huge dinosaur fans, haha.

Anyway, here's my Sylveon/Fairy tattoo! This picture was taken only hours after it was done so it's very swollen and red, but has since calmed into place very nicely. :)

Edit: I forgot I have a non-Pokémon tattoo as well, lol. I have a message that my dad wrote to me that is very personal. What I love is that he signed it with his full legal name for some reason and then wrote, "you know, dad" under it haha. It's very special to me.

Hahah I don't know, hopefully they are more :o dinosaur lovers where u at? :o

But Omg that looks amazing! So unique! Would you get more Pokémon tattoos?

And haha awww that's so cool!! <3

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    But Omg that looks amazing! So unique! Would you get more Pokémon tattoos?

Tyvm! n_n; I absolutely would and I plan on it! It's going to be quite a while before I do anything, but I've basically already planned out my entire Fairy Type sleeve lmao.

Years
  • My WIP Punzie arm...

Not the most flattering pics and a bit blurry but they're what I have right now 😅

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Oooh very nice!!!

I've always been kinda back and forth on tattoos but I've been thinking about them a lot more recently and have drawn out a lot of smaller designs I quite like. Maybe if I get the impulse I'll get one done this year :femme2:

Years
  • Apologies I don't have any of my tattoos right now to share with you all. I'm currently saving money to get some done plus finding a good shop and artist to do it as wel were I reside still. I plan to get not super big ones more minimalistic types, as for how many on my body not sure yet. First one will in be in honor of my dog Leo my best friend, companion and therapy dog I had for 13 years. I feel he lives on in Tac my cat somehow, so he's still always here with me.

Years
  • I don't have any yet, but I definitely want some. Thinking of getting this as my first soon!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Wow, all your Pokemon Tattoos are awesome. I always was against tattoos, but maybe, just maybe, if Legends Arceus wows me enough, I might get a Pokemon related tattoo (key word there is *might* and even if the game does wow me, I still might be against the tattoo).

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    I plan on getting a Cosmog tattoo on my upper right arm for my birthday in a few months! I just don't know where to start when it comes to finding a good tattoo artist. Ideally it would be from someone who is skilled with bright, pastel colors.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • Oh my, tattoos. My first tattoos will be involving my children, each one with a flower of their own, their first name making up the stem of that aforementioned flower.

And of course plenty more, but I don't want to be here all day. Things like human anatomy, simple chemistry, the one sea creature, etc. I intend to have a tattoo sleeve that leaks a bit on to my back, most in black with a tiny sprinkle of color here and there to let the smaller, more important tattoos pop out amidst the sea of black.

I swear I will post the first few tattoos here. And while I have nearly every single tattoo planned, it's the hesitation in actually getting them out of fear of the tattoo artist's skill that holds me back.

And money. It's always the money.

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • My phone camera didn't do these tattoos much justice, though they aren't too great to begin with. Aside from the curse mark, I did them myself over the years. Word of advice, kids, don't do your own tattoos! Even still, these are my favorite ones, though I have many more I won't be sharing.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So, just to clarify... When I had gotten into my first job, one of the first things I bought with my extra money was a whole kit that had two tattoo machines. What I really should have done was buy tons of that fake synthetic skin to practice on, but instead I had almost immediately started tattooing my own legs. Coupled with my Bi-Polar disorder, there were a lot of terrible ones done on me, that I won't be sharing. Some day, I'm either going to get many of those lasered off, or have cover-ups done on the ones that can be tattooed over. So, as I originally stated, don't do tattoos on yourself (or others!), even if you seem to know what you are doing. It's much better to hold onto a tattoo idea for a long time while you save up for it. Then, if you still like the idea, get it professionally done.

As such, I still have some untouched real estate. I have a few ideas for what I want done, including a full-on black and grey back piece, but I won't be able to afford any of that for a long time. That's good, as it gives me lots of time to really consider what I want done, as I've already changed my mind several times over the years.

Back