• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Count To Infinity - v11

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

Didn't you start your own business or something like that?

Years

My SO did actually, and it's just online via Facebook Marketplace atm so it's small time, but she loves cooking so I help her out how I can hehe.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Online now
    239 634

I usually need a second portion when it comes to the 1 person portion stuff they sell in supermarkets here.
    Idk who that 1 person is, but they sure eat little... they must've looked around for the person with the tiniest stomach for that benchmark!
    I've already thought about that, and my conclusion was that it's probably because we overeat ^^
    Most of us eat based on the volume of the food, while we should eat based on the amount of calories ^^

Years

Cooler spits facts. I used to count calories two years ago, and lo and behold, I was able to regulate my weight!

Thing is though, you'll have to eat healthier to feel more satiated that way. Junk food tends to be soo calorie dense that you won't feel that you've already eaten two meals' worth.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

Taking your time while eating is also important. Afaik your body takes 20 minutes to register that you've been eating and only then gives off the signal of being done. So if you're a fast eater and get done in a lot less time your body still hasn't realized that and you still feel somewhat hungry.

Years

Yes that's my problem. I'm a fast eater, and I get annoyed when I'm still hungry even after I already finished a meal. Taking my time with food, especially while hungry, can be torture for me lmao.

Years

I'm a slow eater, compared to my parents and siblings at least.
    Always the last one to finish lol

Also I can't be bothered to keep track of calories or the like xD

Years
    • Seen today

I eat slower at restaurants, because it's no fun sitting and watching everyone else finish.

Years

When I'm with friends, I definitely eat slower because I wanna chat with them and stuff. But being alone at home? (which is 99% of the time atm) That's where the problems start lol.

StCooler

Years
    • Online now
    239 642

Cooler spits facts. I used to count calories two years ago, and lo and behold, I was able to regulate my weight!

Thing is though, you'll have to eat healthier to feel more satiated that way. Junk food tends to be soo calorie dense that you won't feel that you've already eaten two meals' worth.
    That's why I eat around 800g of vegetables everyday :)

Also I can't be bothered to keep track of calories or the like xD
    Actually it's not that annoying. It's yet another habit to get ^^

When I'm with friends, I definitely eat slower because I wanna chat with them and stuff. But being alone at home? (which is 99% of the time atm) That's where the problems start lol.
    When I'm alone is when I can take one hour to eat my meal XD
    Generally, when I'm alone, I'm doing something else while eating, be it playing videogames, posting on the forum, watching somehting on Youtube, working on my game...

Years

I like doing stuff while eating at home too, but it sucks when the rice starts to dry and get hard, or when the food starts getting cold/soggy from being left on the table for a considerable amount of time. Also, having to wipe my hands to rid of the food gunk on my hands before typing gets annoying after a while lol.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

You know what's a crime against humanity? These hollow chocolate bodies. Like those Santa shaped ones that pop up during Christmas. They are so inconveniently shaped that you very much need to smash them just so you can eat them! D:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023

Cost cutting measures, down to the shape. Most of them are the same shape as Easter Bunnies so they can reuse the mold.

StCooler

Years
    • Online now
    239 659

I never noticed they had the same shape! :O
    As much as I love chocolate, I generally don't buy these hollow chocolate bodies, because the chocolate in them is "meh".

Years
    239 660

With easter I just buy chocolate eggs.
    With christmas I usually do buy Santa's, but not the hollow body ones. Instead I'll get the smaller one that are either solid chocolate or have a filling.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back