• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
  • Oh, I'm milking this thread for all it's worth before I move it.
    I see what you did there :D

Since this is in the Writing section, how about a haiku?

This thread is roaming.
    We were talking about food
    What do I do now?

EDIT: Ninja'd by RHCP

Topic: have you ever written a fic or other writing on PC? If yes, what was it about? If no, why not?

I've only ever written one complete story here on PC. It was a 4 chapter (ish) fic about Mewtwo being a hero and stuff. It was in a first person narrative of someone who lived in the region. Idk, I can't explain it very well haha.

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Yeah... let's keep personal advertisement to a minimum here, okay?

Anyway, I have written a few things here. Let's see, there's my novel (which I should really finish), one short story, and then one entry for the Writers' Dex. I should really get back into that, but college leaves me feeling like doing nothing.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years

• Topic: have you ever written a fic or other writing on PC? If yes, what was it about? If no, why not?

Nope. I prefer to lurk over talking anyways. Talking to people is awkward and I always say the wrong thing. Also my writing is usually very personal so I don't share with people even when I am writing.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Such rules, much careful.

@ randomarcadia, the good thing about writing fics is that you don't need to talk to someone in it. Only about it, perhaps. But there's of course a difference between writing out your personal thoughts and writing a story that has nothing to do with you other than that it originated in your mind.

Years
  • Despite being a bit of a writer myself (shocker, I know) I've never actually written anything here, or anywhere else really, that wasn't for school or the paper. :o

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    "And, as the boy read the random posts of this incredible thread, he discovered that he would try to follow it to wherever it went, just to investigate its activities"

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I think Slayr posted more stories here in his short time as moderator than I ever did in my six years as mod of this section. Writing is something I do every day, but I'm very reluctant when it comes to sharing it. A part of that is because I'm always revising my stories. Another part of it is that from my reviews and answers in discussions about writing, people believe that I know so much about writing that my own work is perfect.

It's not.

And I don't want people to know that.

I just have huge fears about sharing my writing.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I sweat a little every time I post something. It's definitely not easy. I remember the first bit of writing I posted, when I saw it had another reply, I was expecting another comment. What I wasn't expecting was a full-fledged review. I immediately exited off the internet and did something else for the rest of the day. It wasn't until the next day that I was able to build up enough courage to log on and see what was said. Posting your writing is definitely a nerve-wracking experience.

Bay

Years
  • I used to post a few Pokemon fics here which includes a finished chaptered fic (completed in May 2009, lol). Otherwise I haven't written much Pokemon fics lately and instead branching into other fandoms.

Concerning the topic of sharing writing, I think everyone gets nervous whenever they send it to a beta and/or post it for everyone to read. I know some people that have very high standards when it comes on what they want in fanfiction, so I tend to get anxious my writing is below mediocre urgh.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It is true that a lot of people get anxious or worried or whatnot to some degree about posting writing publically. The way I see it personally, I write not just for myself but to entertain other people through my story (or jokes in it). So I want for people to like it.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I used to start writing fics but never got around to finishing/sharing them haha. Now a friend pestered me and I have a chapter up now.

I hate sharing my writing, I always feel like it's awful ;;

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • It's been a while. But it's time to do this again. Lets write a story. I'll start...

"Once upon a time, in a Pokemon forum far, far, far away..."

Years
  • I wrote this one fanfic back in 2010.. I'm not even sure if I still have the PDF anywhere, but I think I shipped Ash and Misty. I honestly can't remember lmao

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • All I'm seeing is a bunch of people who write, but never post anything. C'mon people, we don't bite, much!

It's definitely nerve-wracking, but posting your work to see is how you learn. Trust me, it's a lot easier to post your work online than to have people read it in front of you. Well, at least it is for me.

Years
  • I can never write a good work of fanfiction, but I guess that's because writing such long notes can be a hassle for me, plus I often suffer writer's block at times.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Well, my current PKMN fic somehow has a good number of followers/readers/commenters in fanfiction.net, which I am honestly surprised. =/

I am just writing each chapters at around 1k to 2k words, and updates are slow 'cause of life, but eh, pipz are still pretty eager to read each new chappies I write.

It's kinda a great feeling. :3
    ...and a scary feeling as well, since I'm afraid that I might screw up in a chapter at some point that a lot of them won't like. =/

Aw well, such is life~

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I need time and focus to sit down and write. Be it chapters, RP posts or even long replies to things on a forum. Leading a college life, how much I write depends on what else is going on atm.

Back