• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Leave/Return/New Username Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hey,

I'm new. Just discovered Pokémon Showdown.
    Downfall - A player can't use items like xSpeed from what I can see?
    So in Pokémon competitions what are the rules for a player using items like this ?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Hey,

So in Pokémon competitions what are the rules for a player using items like this ?

welcome to the community! generally online battles or also known as competitive battling, prohibit the use of items. instead you make use of your held items. if you have any more questions about competitive battling, give our competitive pokémon section a visit, i'm sure they'll be happy to answer any questions you have about it :D

Years
  • Hey,

Welcome to the Pokecommunity boxingboy! Glad you could join us.

Questions regarding Pokemon Showdown are more suitable for the Competitive Pokemon section, so I suggest you go ask there :) They'd likely have more experience to better answer your question. We also have a Discord with a #competitive-battle channel if you're into that.

pkmin3033

Not really one for posting in here any more - I don't like a fuss, and nobody cares anyway if I'm around or not...in fact I'm sure most would prefer that I wasn't - but eh, sometimes I feel like I owe people the courtesy of things like this for some reason. I'm not overly fond of ghosting, having been ghosted by most of the people I've cared for in the past. It hurts. Even if nobody cares, it doesn't sit right with me.

So, to let whoever wants to know, know - I'm now going on hiatus until further notice. My activity has been sporadic at best these last two weeks, and now it's stopping entirely. I've generally tried to keep it quiet in the hopes things will suddenly improve (as if often the case) but I think it's probably time I accept this is going to be my new normal for a while.

The short version is that life is really fucking difficult for me right now and I'm maybe two or three steps away from a complete breakdown because I can't cope with everything going wrong all at once, and most things upset me when I'm in this state of mind, so stepping away from social interaction and taking some time for myself is a sensible thing to do. The long version isn't something I feel comfortable typing out and I'm sure nobody would want to read anyway.

I'll be back when I'm back. When I'm in a better state of mind and things are more under control. That could be March or April, but I am not optimistic. At the very least I will post once a month for the Game Along event, and I'll probably check the forum every now and then because being here has become an almost toxic compulsion for me (another reason I need a break) but in the highly bizarre scenario where someone wants to reach me, you probably won't be able to.

Anyways, I hope you can all stay safe during these difficult times, and I'll see you when I see you, whenever that may be.

Years
  • Not really one for posting in here any more - I don't like a fuss, and nobody cares anyway if I'm around or not...in fact I'm sure most would prefer that I wasn't - but eh, sometimes I feel like I owe people the courtesy of things like this for some reason. I'm not overly fond of ghosting, having been ghosted by most of the people I've cared for in the past. It hurts. Even if nobody cares, it doesn't sit right with me.

So, to let whoever wants to know, know - I'm now going on hiatus until further notice. My activity has been sporadic at best these last two weeks, and now it's stopping entirely. I've generally tried to keep it quiet in the hopes things will suddenly improve (as if often the case) but I think it's probably time I accept this is going to be my new normal for a while.

The short version is that life is really fucking difficult for me right now and I'm maybe two or three steps away from a complete breakdown because I can't cope with everything going wrong all at once, and most things upset me when I'm in this state of mind, so stepping away from social interaction and taking some time for myself is a sensible thing to do. The long version isn't something I feel comfortable typing out and I'm sure nobody would want to read anyway.

I'll be back when I'm back. When I'm in a better state of mind and things are more under control. That could be March or April, but I am not optimistic. At the very least I will post once a month for the Game Along event, and I'll probably check the forum every now and then because being here has become an almost toxic compulsion for me (another reason I need a break) but in the highly bizarre scenario where someone wants to reach me, you probably won't be able to.

Anyways, I hope you can all stay safe during these difficult times, and I'll see you when I see you, whenever that may be.

just wanna say thanks for being a fellow spammer in that short time span lol. i really appreciated you helping me out with VPP stuff :)

do whatever you need to do to recuperate, and we'll indeed see you when we do. take care Dawn!

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Not really one for posting in here any more - I don't like a fuss, and nobody cares anyway if I'm around or not...in fact I'm sure most would prefer that I wasn't - but eh, sometimes I feel like I owe people the courtesy of things like this for some reason. I'm not overly fond of ghosting, having been ghosted by most of the people I've cared for in the past. It hurts. Even if nobody cares, it doesn't sit right with me.

Take care Dawn and I hope all will be well for you in the future! Really liked the VG events you made, but understandable that you're going on a hiatus.

See you in the forseeable future, or the unforseeable one, whichever is the case.

Years

Take care Dawn! I hope your break is all you need it to be. See you when you get back! :)

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Hello again! Decided to start posting again since February is mere hours away, and February usually brings Pokemon news!

Years
  • Hello again! Decided to start posting again since February is mere hours away, and February usually brings Pokemon news!

welcome back EC! looking at your post count you seem to be a veteran of the site heh. it's already February for me over here, let's hope we get some good news!

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
    Years
    • Age 18
    • He/Him
    • India
    • Seen yesterday
    I won't be online much from 2nd to 5th and I won't be online at all from 5th to 26th because I have final exams ;-;

So, take care :D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I'm back after about a year+ hiatus... I got so busy with work, school (finished my master's degree wooo!), and life in general. I've been playing Pokemon from the start, but I lost interest after Gens 7 and 8. Recent news about the 25th anniversary got me interested again. Here's to making new friends and maaaaybe bumping into some old faces...?

Years
  • I'm back after about a year+ hiatus... I got so busy with work, school (finished my master's degree wooo!), and life in general. I've been playing Pokemon from the start, but I lost interest after Gens 7 and 8. Recent news about the 25th anniversary got me interested again. Here's to making new friends and maaaaybe bumping into some old faces...?

omg??????????? HI TB

Years

hi!!!!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

BLADE good to see u again?!!!! welcome back~

Years

Welcome back to the fun! :D

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
    Years
    • Age 18
    • He/Him
    • India
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm back after about a year+ hiatus... I got so busy with work, school (finished my master's degree wooo!), and life in general. I've been playing Pokemon from the start, but I lost interest after Gens 7 and 8. Recent news about the 25th anniversary got me interested again. Here's to making new friends and maaaaybe bumping into some old faces...?

Hiya welcome back! (I will prolly be one of the new faces you'll see)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm back after about a year+ hiatus... I got so busy with work, school (finished my master's degree wooo!), and life in general. I've been playing Pokemon from the start, but I lost interest after Gens 7 and 8. Recent news about the 25th anniversary got me interested again. Here's to making new friends and maaaaybe bumping into some old faces...?

This is the best thing to happen in 2021 besides my Sylveon tattoo. Welcome back, Blade! Missed you so much. (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back