• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the ultimate question

Do you keep the water running while brushing your teeth?

• Yes

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters
So I was curiously estimating my water usage using an online calculator and noticed a 'keeping water running while brushing your teeth' was an option. Started thinking about it and now I feel I absolutely have to ask - do you do this? Personally, I do it (I just can't stop & have gotten so used to it) but my husband doesn't, and it seems like I see people on both sides. Please answer this ultimate poll to satisfy my curiosity. 👍

pkmin3033

I do, I like to rinse my toothbrush under hot water a couple of times and it takes a little while for the hot water to actually get hot, so it makes sense to leave it running...plus I'm lazy. I know my mother does it as well so I'm not the only one and won't get an earfull for it, haha.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I try not to keep the water running while brushing my teeth. That water conservation episode in Arthur made me conscious about it, so I want to be good & not waste water.

Years
    Nope. I briefly clean my toothbrush before and after brushing my teeth.
    While I'm actually brushing the faucet is closed. Keeping it running is just a waste of water.

I've always done it this way since I was a little kid. Can't remember if my parents told me to or if I just considered it a waste on my own.

Years
    Nope! I wet by brush, brush my teeth, than turn the water on to clean the brush and rinse.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I've heart rumors that some people keep their water on while brushing their teeth. But until now I never encountered anyone who actually does it.

Years
    So I was curiously estimating my water usage using an online calculator and noticed a 'keeping water running while brushing your teeth' was an option. Started thinking about it and now I feel I absolutely have to ask - do you do this? Personally, I do it (I just can't stop & have gotten so used to it) but my husband doesn't, and it seems like I see people on both sides. Please answer this ultimate poll to satisfy my curiosity. 👍

MANIACAL BEHAVIOUR WHAT THE HELL, WATER GETS TURNED OFF AND THAT'S THAT ON THAT

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    In Australia it's basically a crime to leave water running haha, I grew up with that mindset because the Aussie side of my family was raised in the desert where every drop is treasured! And even now, where I live, we only drink rain water we collect ourselves, so we are mindful about not wasting any. I'm not perfect with this though, far from it. Our heating system isn't great, meaning we do need to waste some water just waiting for it to get hot. And I admit, when we stay at a hotel with a bath and high-pressure shower, we get a little greedy... it's a massive luxury for us! Our shower is a dribble.

So as for brushing my teeth, no, I only turn on the tap when I need it to rinse!

Years
    nope! i fill a cup with water and only use running water to wet my brush before brushing. then i brush and take in some water from the cup to rinse, then run water to rinse my brush

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    noooo please dont leave it on!! i come from a land of abundant water and we still dont leave water on. part of that, it's been put to me, is that when my parents were kids in the 70s/80s the Big Environmental Thing was water conservation- something we need to tout more again tbh! but yeah, turn that dang water off! fix any leaks in your faucets! especially if you dont have a grey water system (because who does, really?). it's shocking how much goes down the drain!

Years
    • Seen today
    I turn mine off habitually. Can't say I know why. I don't think I ever considered the idea of saving water through doing it.

Years
    No, I don't. It's not a thing I have ever done at all, but I also remember elementary school teachers telling us it was a good habit to save water. Other than that, having had several problems with teeth and having visited the dentist more than my uncles, I was told several times that a good amount of time to brush teeth is 2 minutes. I now kinda do it without thinking because it's become a habit, but yeah I wouldn't let water run for 2 minutes.

Back