• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The User Appreciation thread (V3!)

Years
Leaf for being so friendly to me at a time I'm going through a real rough patch. Sorry I've been blegh!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
All the admins (esp colours!), all the mod leads, and all the mods, y'all really kept my spirits high this whole time with the banter and memes and just... feeling like I'm coming home, ya know?

Edit: Oof when someone likes your post so you reread it and there are so so many typos omg.

Last edited:
Years
hi i'm not good with words but i just want to say a few sentences of appreciation for some people
ily, friends

A mango - omg BG what happened to your slenderman pfp on discord It's always nice talking to you on Discord, BG. :) I appreciate your friendship and I love how chill you are. You're also a great competitive battler and I hope you give me some pointers sometime!

Aquacorde - Anna banana <3 You know how much I appreciate you :3 You're such a rock to me; you're always able to give advice and listen to me vent and you've been an awesome friend for many years now. Thanks for putting up with me. ilu anna, always <3

Ash Ketchup - Ash! You're such a sweet person and I absolutely love seeing you around the forums :) I would love to chat with you more often, you seem like such good friend material! I appreciate all the effort you put into the forums and how friendly are you to everyone!

Aslan - omg hi sophie thank you for being such a sweet person and great friend to me after all this time. I'm sure you can tell but I love seeing you around Discord. You have such a great personality and it's always such a joy talking to you. :)

Astromancer - Riki! I've only really gotten to know you relatively recently through Discord, but I've always admired the work you did on staff over the years. You're always so positive and it's always exciting when I see you in #general :P Stay awesome, Riki :)

Bela - It's been really cool getting to know you the past few months, Bela! You're very fun, knowledgeable, and I've had nothing but good times chatting with you and playing games. I love your upbeat attitude and am looking forward to chatting more!

BlueWyvern4 (Bly) - You're a great friend with a great sense of humor. I love playing Stardew with you and Vend, and I love talking about Marvel with you! I'm really looking forward to talking with you more, because you're such a cool person.

Cherrim - In the 12 years I've been on PC I've always respected the hell out of you and have had nothing but positive experiences with you. You've always seemed like such a cool, multi-talented person and although we haven't interacted too much, I've always loved seeing you around. It wouldn't be PC without you, Erica. (also your cat tweets fill me with life, Jude is so damn cute omg)

colours - You're such a huge pillar of the community omg. Seeing you around is such a joy, and I know everyone appreciates all the hard work you've put into PC over the years. If anybody deserved to be promoted to admin, it was definitely you. I'm glad you're here, Angie. :)

Cubeth - hi cube you're actually the coolest person and if you say otherwise i will cry. I'm really thankful for our interactions on Discord, and you're a genuinely great person. I'm glad to be your friend :)

Dusk - Bella, you're such a cool and genuine person, and I really do love chatting with you on Discord. I'd love to learn more about you! And omg I'm glad that you appreciate Amber and aren't an Amber-hater like the rest of them ;__;

Eleanor - Step-pair Loomie! You're such a caring person and it's been really nice seeing you around everywhere :) I'm looking forward to talking with you more and getting to know you better, because you're obviously a really cool person. Thank you for all you do, Loomie!

Fafrir - Faffy! You're such a fun presence, and I absolutely love seeing you around Discord. You never fail to put a smile on my face. Also your art is also SOO good omg. Thank you for always brightening my day, friendly green Canadian dragon :)

Fairy - You're crazy talented in so many things, it's honestly so inspirational. I really admire how friendly you are and how involved you are in so many parts of the community! Your design skills are crazy impressive and I love seeing everything you do here!

Fletchling - hi flej~ even though you call me Austin TX I still think you're a cool person. You've been a friend to me longer than most other people here, so thank you for putting up with me and being iconic

Flowerchild - I give you a hard time sometimes but I genuinely appreciate you and all you do for PC. I'm really glad we're friends, and that you've made me feel so comfortable after coming back to PC. You're my development role model and you'll always be amazing in my book, Daks. <3

Galaxy - Foxyyyyy! <3 I'm so happy I got to know you! I really admire how kind, understanding, and genuinely caring you are. You're a super fun person, an awesome friend, and I absolutely love chatting with you! I'm really glad to have you as my pair, and I hope we stay friends for a long time :)

Inky - I could make like 200 different jokes here because of how iconic you are but I decided to be more real. You've honestly been an amazing friend to me and I genuinely love the times you're around. You have great taste in music, an incredible sense of humor, and I appreciate how you always manage to make everyone happy. thanks king.

Juno - You already know how much I appreciate you :P You're one of my oldest friends and I'm truly blessed to be able to call you a friend after so many event-filled years. You're smart, funny, and only slightly cursed. Thanks for everything, Karen. :)

Leaf - You've been a very active and wholesome part of the community ever since you've been joined, and I definitely consider you an important and valuable person. I hope to see you around and talk more, I'd love to chat. PC is lucky to have you :)

Pig - Pigu, my step-pair! You're such a fun and interesting person, and I absolutely love it when you're around on Discord. You have so many awesome interests, a killer taste in music, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you more over time :)

professor plum - yeah I guess you're cool too, tyler. I also give you a hard time but I'm sure you know how much I appreciate having you as a friend, Tyler. You're a great leader and I genuinely look up to you in many regards. Thank you for including me all the time and being a great friend :)

Rabinov - rabi hai you're a good friend and admittedly a much better Street Fighter player than I am :'( I really respect how cultured you are and how many different things you've gone out of your way to do. You make a really great E&M mod. :)

Roni - I really appreciate how you're able to make everyone feel so comfortable and treat everyone with such friendliness. You're such an amazing asset to the community and a genuinely wonderful person. I hope we can continue to be friends for a long time :)

Sheep - You're pretty much the sweetest and most wholesome person I've ever met and there really couldn't be a better site owner. Interacting with you is such a treat, and I love how you always treat everyone with such kindness. I respect and look up to you, and I'm really glad the community has you.

Sydian - syd squid, my terits buddy <3 You're one of those users who've I've always looked up to over the years of being on PC, and I've always seen you as such a fun, relaxed, and cool person. I hope I can join more of your streams, because I genuinely love hanging out and chatting with you.

Tsutarja - Zach! You've always been a very kind and informative presence, both on the forums and on Discord. I really appreciate how chill you are, and how easy you are to talk to. I'm looking forward to getting to know you even more!

Vendily - Stardew wife! I'm really glad we've been able to interact a lot more recently :) You're a brilliant, wholesome, and genuine person and you're truly a great friend. Thank you for being so kind to me, and I look forward to the future of our friendship! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Wanted to give a shoutout to some people I haven't already given thanks to before! Combo of people I have recently been able to get to know and also people who I've always admired on PC but haven't appreciated publicly yet. I'm very sorry if I've missed anyone important, I promise it was not intentional and if you remind me I will definitely put you in. Thanks to everyone who has made coming back to PC semi-properly a fun experience - also apologies for the wall of text but hope people can find their name here :D

Austin - Hi Austin! Your post actually inspired me to do one of these again. Thank you for being a great friend and always being so much fun to see around Discord - I think you have a natural ability to make anyone feel welcomed and like they've been your long-time friend from the first few conversations. You're definitely an indispensable part of PC and I can't imagine it without you.

Dakota - Hi Dakota! I remember feeling so welcomed in the PC Discord when we first talked and instantly bonded over the incredibly important topic of ducks. I've always loved talking to you and consider you a great friend who I can always chat to each time I return to the Discord. I can tell how much everyone in the Discord loves and appreciates you which I'm not surprised about - for me personally, I've always admired how witty and fun any conversation with you is. I also admire how much work you put into improving PC and it would be nowhere near what it is today without your creativity and passion. I hope we get to talk more in the future whether that be ducks (always an important topic) or anything else! Always one of your biggest fans.

Eleanor - Loomie, hi! One of the people I am happy to call a close friend since coming back to PC. I remember lurking on PC's Discord a few years ago and admiring how cool you were. You were so warm and friendly to everyone and I knew from then I would love to be your friend someday. I'm very happy to have got to know you through skribbl.io in the GT. It has always taken me so long to get comfortable with voice chatting with anyone but from our first conversations, I've always felt that it has been natural talking to you about any topic. I enjoy all the conservations we have and know that I'm always here if you need to chat about anything so don't be afraid to reach out!

Fairy - We haven't spoken personally but you are one of my favourite users to see around PC. You have a really bubbly, kind and supportive personality from what i can tell and the care and empathy you show to other people is incredible. Your posts are always such a pleasure to read. I can't articulate well what I admire about them but it's refreshing seeing how honest, well-thought out and well-constructed a lot of your posts are. I love hearing your perspective and have always admired you. I would love to get to know you more!

gimmiepie - GP, you have always been so cool to me. You're so well spoken and also from what I've seen, such a genuine pleasure to be around and talk to. I've always loved any conservations that we have had in the past and seeing you around in any events hosted on PC or the Discord. I look up to how thoughtful, mature and witty you are and it would be wonderful to get to know you better sometime.

Hyzenthlay - Annie! You are genuinely one of the sweetest members on PC and I'm so happy to be able to consider you also a great friend. Thank you for always being such a joy to talk to both through chat and voice chat. I've always loved your calm, kind personality and how eloquent you are in a lot of your messages - these are traits I've admired since finding out that we both first talked way back in 2012 on my first account. You're like a character straight out of a fairytale and I definitely think the name Princess Clover is very fitting. I'm really keen for the day we can voice chat more properly and you don't have to hide outside from your family, ahahah.

Inky - Inky, you are a great friend and I'm so glad I got to know someone so powerful. I was intimidated at first by the sheer power of half of your emojis but you are genuinely the life of PC's Discord server. I can't think of anyone who could brighten up a conversation more or who is fun as you are to be around. I remember when I was still lurking on Discord thinking that if I was to get involved, one of the first people I would want to be friends with was you. Just from what I hear on Discord, I know that you've gone through a lot and wanted you to know that I'm always willing to listen and support you if you need a friend!

Meadow - Almost went to type Revise Librarian, hah - hi Revise! Thank you for genuinely being such a ray of sunshine on PC and being kind enough to wish me happy birthday every year - I'm really happy to have kept up this tradition always. I've already mentioned this to Annie but you guys together are like a fairytale with how wonderful your personalities are together. Thank you for also always putting so much effort and care into Pokemon Trivia over the years - you guys are the reason that it was always such a pleasure and I know many people are thankful for the close knit community you helped to build. Looking forward to wishing you happy birthday for the next 50 years in a row - even if I ever leave PC, I will be coming back to say happy birthday OK so get ready for it!

professor plum - Tyler, I love seeing you around and consider you a great friend even if we don't interact too often. You are an amazing person and I hope you know how much I always appreciate seeing you around - you're kind, fun and you have the ability to make anyone who talks to you feel energised and happy. I loved talking to you and getting to know how much you respect our queen (Jambette) and I'm happy to have met someone who basically has a personality like sunshine, if I had to describe it in one word. Regardless of how much people joke about it, I genuinely do think your passion for cycling is so cool and it definitely has inspired me to find a sport I am that enthusiastic about just based on how happy it clearly makes you. Hope to talk more!

Rabinov - Aaron! You have always been a great friend to me and one of the first I made when I first started getting back into PC's Discord. I love talking to you because you're always so warm, friendly and able to engage everyone you talk to. I think this ability to engage people also shines through the effort you put into PC - from what I've seen of events, articles or posts you've made, you have a unique ability to understand what would excite people to see and i think that's a great trait to have. I also admire how hardworking you are - from what I've observed alone, I can tell how much care you put into everything you do and I know sometimes said work can be stressful. Know that I'm always here to talk to if you need a friend. I hope we continue to talk in the future as you're an incredible person who I admire!

Retekcorp - Hi Retek! Thank you for always being a good friend to me and being supportive of everything I do, I appreciate it. You seem like a hardworking, kind person who always strives to do their best and I wish you the best of luck with school. Feel free to reach out always if the pressure is too much as I have definitely been there and can empathise how difficult it must be at this time. Thank you for also always cheering up everyone with your regular BOTW streams, it's been nice being able to get to know you and the others through them.

VisionofMilotic - We haven't spoken personally but again, I admire you a lot and you are one of my favourite users to see on PC. You have a gravitating presence where I can tell that people are drawn to you because of how much care, respect and love you show to everyone you interact with on PC. Many times I have seen you extending a helping hand, offer of support or saying kind words/doing kind acts of people out of a genuine desire to support and make other people happy and I think that is truly incredible. Your posts are nothing short of amazing in how interesting, detailed and refreshing they are to read. I am so glad PC has someone like you as I can't imagine the community without your presence! I also hope to get to know you better sometime.

Last edited:
Years
Showing some ❤ and appreciation to : Nebula, Megan and ZeoStar on PC~
Thank you three for reaching out to me, giving me advice and showing that you care. I really appreciate you all I know don't feel so alone anymore thank you.

Years
Fairy: For being so kind and encouraging.
Sheep: For being an amazing friend for so long!
Dawn: Known you for 14 years now, I enjoy talking to you & I hope our friendship continues.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Fairy: For being so kind and encouraging.

Thank you, but you're really the inspirational one! You and tokyodrift inspire me so much to get better with art and coding and graphics it's almost overwhelming

colours, girl, I'm so happy we've gotten closer lately because I meant when I said I want you at my wedding and I'm going to stop now before I cry.

Dragon, my dear dragon *pets*. I think I'll cherish our conversation today forever. l'll always be here to help that beautiful flower in you bloom.

Ivysaur... you already know. <3

Flowerchild! I always knew you were creative, talented, compassionate.. but since working closer with you this past week I've really come to admire you. I want to be as good at, well, everything, as you are! faaaaave sis-in-law <333

Aslan because omg that last post omg!!

And lastly all the members, new and old, who have taken the time to introduce and warmly welcome new users. It fills my heart with happiness and I believe I've DM/VM'd most of you tanking your for your hard work. <3

Last edited:
Years
Rabinov - Aaron! You have always been a great friend to me and one of the first I made when I first started getting back into PC's Discord. I love talking to you because you're always so warm, friendly and able to engage everyone you talk to. I think this ability to engage people also shines through the effort you put into PC - from what I've seen of events, articles or posts you've made, you have a unique ability to understand what would excite people to see and i think that's a great trait to have. I also admire how hardworking you are - from what I've observed alone, I can tell how much care you put into everything you do and I know sometimes said work can be stressful. Know that I'm always here to talk to if you need a friend. I hope we continue to talk in the future as you're an incredible person who I admire!

wtf I... what?!!! oh my god!!!!

Naturally I'll respond in kind - I was always overjoyed after not speaking in so long when it seemed like we just clicked right back together like there was no gap. You ALWAYS have the time of day for everyone and I really appreciate that, it's always great to come in after a crummy day and be able to speak to my good ol' bud Soph 'cause you just always uplift the mood, ya know? We will definitely keep talking and my counsel is always available, should you need it!

Now I can't cover everyone I'd want to so please don't take this the wrong way if you're not mentioned, I'm keeping it to a few lovelies at the moment xx

colours - it may seem like I brush off when you ask about my health etc. or constantly wish for me to feel better, but I really do appreciate that not only do you care, but that you know what's going on and keep note of that.

bobandbill - Marcin you've ALWAYS been super patient with me, really understanding when I've been all over the place and a super great mentor, the fact you've given me so many chances is great. What I truly appreciate though is how I think we've recently like... not as such opened up to one another but I just think things seem a bit less formal when we've been playing MHR etc. and I've really liked that.

Flowerchild - Ducky Daughter <3. We've definitely had a bumpy ride since the early days, but I am appreciating all of the effort you have been putting in since I've been back and for your help/wisdom. I also love your optimism when it comes through, it's a force to be reckoned with!

Ash Ketchup - You've been a great mod partner so far and I'm glad that we've been put together as a team! I'm just sorry that right now I've been a bit turbulent and everywhere, I promise I'll be better soon!

Austin - God you're insufferable, why are you here. Jokes aside, I was so incredibly happy when I saw that you were back for real, I'd honestly thought I'd lost you and Juno to the great war and yet here you are, bigger and bolder than ever! I appreciate that you let me school you at Street Fighter, but just that you're here full stop. Please don't leave this time.

Inky - Inkyyyyyyy! I know half of our interaction is me givng you muk but I think especially recently I've turned the page! You're always super great to be around <3. For the love of God though, please realise how awesome you are, will you?

For the rest of you (you know who you are), I love y'all losers, OK? <3

Inky

:pleading_face:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
Hello :femme2:

I'm not one for overly long serious posts but I'll make an exception to say how grateful I am to have made friends here and to be a part of this community. I'm far more active on the Discord server than here on the forums but have made a ton of great friends and have had no shortage of good times chatting and gaming with you all.

It'd be impossible to write something about all of the great people here I'm glad to be able to call my friends but I'll make special mention of Tyler, Austin, Roni, Aaron, Fletch, Pichu (pear!!!), Pig, Vend, Bella, Merc, Dakota, Bly, Cube, Riki, Foxy, Sophie, Chura, Tara, Zach, Faffy, Juno…. Honestly the list goes on and on and I've probably missed loads of people (and lots of people who are only over on the discord like James and Kieran and so many others) but I just want you all to know I appreciate you all very much and am super grateful to be able to call you all friends 🥺

Also a big thank you to Aaron Sophie and Austin for the mentions I love u all

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Hello reviving this thread to give love to PC user Dragon!!

Hi Shawn, I've written a few posts about you before in these threads but I figured there can never be too much. I wanted to say I truly appreciate having you as my friend. I appreciate how kind and caring you always are at checking in on other people and hoping they are doing well, despite going through a lot yourself. I hope you extend yourself the same respect and that I can only give even a fraction back of how kind and good of a friend you have been to me. You deserve only the best and I'm always sending support your way!

I'm lucky to have known you for the past 8-9 years and that we've kept in touch. You've always made time for everyone and I've appreciated chatting to you over the years and growing up together. You truly are one of PC's nicest users. I promise I'll do my best to find more time to battle - I'm glad we've been able to start battling again properly! Looking forward to us racking up 1000 battles one day, I'm sure we're at least somewhat there already. Even if life gets busier and we speak less, I wanted to let you know i always appreciate you Shawn :D

Years
I'm sure we're all thinking it but I need to put props out to Dusk for their absolutely mammoth effort in getting the Among Us Get-Together event back up and running so effectively (and 100x better) after it got left in the dirt.

Seriously, you didn't need to do that and you just went ahead and did it all, thank you so much for taking the time (and continued time now) to sort that out and keep running it <3

That said, more appreciation goes out to everyone involved in the GT! From Management through to you guys participating, it's just so great seeing it all come back and I think in probably one of the best ones to date! It's always nice coming up with the ideas etc. and seeing them play out as much as they do :)

Last edited:
Years
A big thank you to Ash Ketchup. Your kindness is legendary. You have not only lent me a hand more than once, but I see you regularly going out of your way to offer anyone who needs it your emotional support and encouragement. You unselfishly give your time and energy so much time and energy, and are such a hard-working positive spirit despite enduring hardships of you own, your attitude towards others and life is beautiful I really admire you, and I know that I am not alone in my admiration.

Olivia

Hello there
Years
A big thanks to fairy for allways helping me and aslo to rekoil and st cooler for the best posts..... They both are humorous, and to Allen for understanding my feelings and also for Dave ghost hawk for the same reasen as allen..... And also to every one esp sheep and ash ketchup.....

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I do these far too rarely. That's a shame because there's a bunch of people in particular whom I should give a huge thanks; should have done a long time ago. Coming from someone who was most of their time just an outside, now that feeling has become a lot less.

First one is VisionofMilotic for making me care about a section and thus giving a place when I needed it the most. Giving feedback on the Club section not only allowed me to be at least a little bit useful, but it also made me want to be more active in there and actually have some fun. But of course that's not all to you. You're incredibly kind and very intelligent and have some at the least basic knowledge in what seems to be pretty much any topic that could ever come up.

Sheep for just being an incredible owner, the best I can imagine, tbh. You're fun to talk to, very creative and were just way too lenient with my constant pestering about all the "feature" I encountered back in the day. It just shows how much you care about the site.

Roni for his terrifying ability to befriend basically anyone, including someone like me. Your positivity translated into a lot of motivation for me to do things, myself, and even go a little bold in applying for modship. I'm sad you're making yourself rare, but as long as everything works out for you, that's all that matters!

Ash Ketchup: I honestly would have never guessed that we'd end up doing a ton of things together on PC. I think I could never find the right words to describe how thankful I am to have gotten to know you. You're incredibly kind, reliable, an outstanding poet and a very hard worker. You're also more than willing to listen to the troubles of mine that I constantly need to blurt out, selfish as I am. You're also more, but words already fail me ^^".
I've seen that you've also managed to grow a little on your own. More and more people recognize you for all your hard work and well deserved it is!

I also appreciate the expertise that bot Nah and Dawn bring to PC and I respect you two very much. You both may think nobody likes you. But I hate to break it to you: I am very much a nobody, still!

Also a shoutout to both Janp and Tsutarja. I really appreciate working with you! Same with Fairy and Caite-chan!

I suppose I could say that about the entirety of staff on here, couldn't I? They're all great people.

I'm also giving a shoutout to the Forum Games crew. Whether you long since stopped and moved on or you're still actively participating in the silly antics that are going on there: you're still very much the heart and soul of the section and everyone of you is just amazing.
In particular (and I'm sorry if I forget anyone): Setsuna, PokeGuy1238, elBurrito, Squirtlenator, Lady Bisharp, IV, Eleanor, Allen303, Olivia, Dave "Ghost" Hawk, StCooler, ReKoil, MiamiHeat305, Zeostar, A mango, Fritz, ninestarryskies, as well as a bunch of people who may have only occasionally skipped in for a post or two.

Lastly, a shoutout to a user who left the forum many years ago. Sun, I hope you're doing well, my friend! :)

Back