• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

We could all use a little chaaaaaaange

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
Years
  • I put some away into a jar as well as keep some in my car. It's never a bad thing to save a little cash when you absolutely need it.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • So I found a somewhat rusty, but otherwise charming jar in the rubble in an abandoned lot north of Milan. Brought it home and use it as a coin jar. Actually just cashed it in yesterday, to a total of $54.96, which will go to our effort to buy a German Shepherd next year.

Years
  • I put all my change in a piggy bank (note: i am not under the age of thirteen); I don't have a purse or anything to carry it in, so if the price of something is, say, $20.35, I'm paying $21 or even $40. Unlike most of you guys, I don't have a car to keep my crap in

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm fanatical about saving change. When I was in high school my aunt used to give me all of her loose change every time I'd see her, and I'd get about $40 every few months from it. I still save all of my change and I keep two piggy banks actually, one for just pennies and the other for nickles, dimes, and quarters (weird... I know) but I don't get much spare change since I use my debit card for pretty much everything, so I'm only building up my piggy banks from spare change I find lying around at work or from the rare cash transaction.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Throw my spare change at ice cream vans to get soft serves. That or rummage the house for that last 10c needed to buy the weekly groceries. I don't really care for spare change as you can see, so I leave the 5 cents scattered around the household alone for some cockroach with opposable thumbs to grab.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I keep all my loose change in one of my drawers on my desk. Whenever I need a dollar or two I just grab what I need.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Right now it's just in a mound on my desk. I used to have a jar that I'd keep it all in but I don't remember what happened to it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm not going to lie, I usually end up throwing it out. :xxxx

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I usually don't carry cash at all; I prefer it be kept in my debit card. Lately, however, I've become more comfortable with carrying cash (it's a psuedo-saving system, as in I don't use my card at all and only the cash in my pocket). I usually have at least a dollar in change in my pocket, so I don't need to groan over breaking a dollar over something. Personal pet peeve of mine, I guess you can say. Any left over change at the end of the day gets stored in/thrown onto my desk for future use.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I try to pay for everything by card by principle, but I always keep a 10€ note and some change in my wallet in case I absolutely need to pay with cash. Either way, it doesn't tend to last more than two weeks, even the random cents. If I can pay exact price for something, I will.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I have change in a jar, in pockets, in bags, in my sofa... Change everywhere. I never use it so it just keeps filling up in those spots you put or lose coins all the time.

Years
  • I usually keep it in my car, because I travel a lot on the parkway and there are tolls where I have to pay $1.50. It comes in handy then.

Years
  • I'm never afraid to store some away, even if it's just random coins I find lying around while I'm out and about.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Normally I put it in my car so that when I want to get some fast food I have money on hand to pay for it. I'm sure the cashier's love counting the change! ^^

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I have a big jar of it stored away, it must have a good £4-5 worth of silver and copper in it. I put any loose change into it as-and-when I have it.

Not decided what i'm gonna do with it yet, probably just take it to the bank/post office and get it changed into pound coins and notes. You never know when a spare few quid will come in handy.

Back